Showing results 1-30 of 31
What travellers are saying
- Neema’s hands on cooking class was great! We learnt so much about Keralan spices and how to use them to build flavours in the six dishes we made. Neema provided recipes, guidance, cooking tips and encouragement during the whole class. Neema is very organised, so she had us chopping and stirring straight away. Her methodical and patient approach to cooking was also a great lesson for us.
Her kitchen is very well set up and an easy space to be in - many items displayed around the room make for an interesting time there too.
Neema helped us produce a feast! The butter chicken was the best we had ever eaten - so much flavour!Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a great time at Maria’s cooking class. She took the time to explain how to cook each dish and the reasons behind combining different ingredients or cooking them in a certain way. We learned a lot about Indian cooking and are excited to use this knowledge when we get back home
We each got to cook a different dish (if we wanted to, there was no pressure if we didn’t) and enjoyed a number of dishes for lunch. It was all delicious!Written 21 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a really nice experience in Meera and Leo’s kitchen. We found Meera to be a wonderful teacher, who indulged us with our questions about ingredient substitutability, cookware materials, and Malayalam orthography. Leo, who is from a baker’s family, skillfully showed us how to make chapati and porotta.Written 19 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We found Veda Wellness from searching for Ayurveda in Fort Kochi to assist with a health concern of mine. We had the pleasure of staying here when our dear friend Manoj hosted us with absolute politeness and helpfulness. We enjoyed a guided cooking class, an informative yoga class on the rooftop as well as an Ayurvedic massage each (although one was quite average perhaps because it was peak holiday time and normal masseuse wasn’t available). All were extras to the accommodation. We especially liked Manoj providing breakfast and picking us fruit to eat since we showed an interest in the flora in our surrounds. We stayed during national holiday season so Joseph and Lijo were away but made every effort they could to accommodate us and check in with us. Manoj was extremely helpful in guiding us and accommodating our needs. For all of this we thank you and we thoroughly enjoyed our peaceful and friendly stay.Written 30 December 2022
- We truly had a nice day out here. I didnt expect to find a sip&paint session in Cochin. Staff are very welcoming and assisted us in everyprocess. If you are a group of friends visiting Cochin, you should never miss this place.Written 17 June 2023
- We really enjoyed watching Jasmine preparing a range of dishes using local ingredients and spices. We had a fish curry, fried fish and prawns and a range of vegetable dishes. She was very welcoming and entertaining and did it all from memory without reference to any recipes. She also showed us how some of the ingredients came from her own garden. A delightful way to spend a morning and a fabulous lunch. Many thanks.Written 30 November 2023
- No trip to India is complete without attending a cooking class on Indian-style cooking. One such cooking class is called, "Nimmy & Paul", which is a cooking class that is offered in the home of Nimmy & Paul (wife and husband) who are the owners of this venue. The atmosphere of this cooking class is very relaxed and comfortable as it feels just like "home".
The cooking class instructions is very clear and informative, and a cute menu called: "At Home with Nimmy and Paul" is included for all attendees of the cooking class (see photo attached). The finished food items were excellently presented and they all were delicious!Written 5 October 2023
- The last two mornings I followed a yoga class from the excellent yoga teacher Subi Surendran. I am a yoga teacher myself and currently making a round trip through South India with my family. Everywhere we visit I try to follow a local yoga class. This holiday I experienced several classes from different teachers, but none were as good as the classes from Subi. Subi is a very modest personality, yet a passionate teacher who knows each asana in detail. But he also offers a wide range of variations for each asana, which for me -being a teacher - is very educational and a nice experience. Subi is very flexible and can show each (difficult) asana himself in an easy manner. It was a pleasure to have him as a teacher. I felt energized, relaxed and really inspired after following his classes. Besides this Subi has the skill to make you feel at ease and comfortable. The other participant was an elderly lady and he made the class interesting and challenging for both of us. I recommend following his classes.Written 6 January 2019
- More of a demonstration than a workshop, a few hours with Leelu gives you opportunity to pick up few tips and hints to be able to get a better idea of how to cook Indian food. Six of us joined Leelu on her kitchen and were shown how to great a range of delicious dishes. At the end of the workshop we shared the meal together - a great way to spend a few hours.Written 29 January 2019
- Our Airbnb host recommended to take some Yoga session with Manoj (Kumar). My daughter and I happily accepted this opportunity. The classes were in a small group of in total four Yogis and the guidance (teaching) was really excellent. You have to know, my daughter is not too much into active moving, but at the end of the first class she replied with happiness to return the next day again. Besides bringing the art of Yoga to us, I enjoyed his Ayurveda massage which I also can recommend to everyone. Unfortunately time in Cochin was too short, so we couldn't enjoy more excellent Yoga classes and Ayurveda treatments.
@Manoj: thanks again for the great time and happiness you brought to us.Written 31 January 2020
- This was such a lovely, warm, hospitable and fun experience. Our group was welcomed into the family home and had an excellent demonstration of a couple of local dishes before enjoying a fabulously tasty lunch. The conversation was so interesting and our hosts so kind that we all had a wonderful afternoon. I highly recommend this experience.Written 17 October 2022
- We arrived at the place of Nitha a little bit late, because of the traffic. But she prepared evervthing very well! It was a great experience, we had a lot of fun and learned a lot about Indian kitchen! Last but not least, the meal was very, very delicious!
Thank you Nitha!
Lovely greetings from us
Brani & JudtihWritten 1 May 2019
- Four months ago , I had suffered a knee ligament injury from an accident. As the injury was critical , I went to almost all the hospital in Kochi for treatment. Most of them did so many treatment. But it was of no use. And atlast they recommended surgery. But I was not sure of it, because it may lead to future problems. Then one my friends recommended me Kripa. And I went there for my treatment. The doctor in kripa is one of the most honest and genuine doctor that I had met in my life. He gave me hope and courage that he will help me recover from my Injury. After one month of treatment , he cured my Injury without any surgery with his treatment. And now I am happy after Four months, i can walk properly. Thank You doctor and kripa ayurveda marma hospital for the wonderful hospitality and treatment.
I will never forget you doctor for your wonderful service provided by you . I will always recommend kripa for any ligament based problems suffered by people. I assure you that the doctor help you solve your medical conditions without any surgery. Once again Thank you doctor ❤️Written 15 October 2021
- The Yoga Studio in Mattancherry /Fort Kochi is one of its kind where Yoga is tought in tune with the all the 8 limbs of Yog Sadhana giving importance to calmness and de-clutter of mind along with yogic exercises. Methods adopted are Ashtang Yoga through Iyanger methods, Viniyasa, M.S.R.T Yogic Needra, Moola & Mudra bandhs. There are 2 batches in the morning 6.30 to 7.30 am and 7.30 to 8.45 am. Evening batch at 5 pm. Monday to Fridays. Men and Women are taken combined yoga classes.Written 25 June 2019
- What a wonderful time we had on this nine day trip to Kerala. With Nissar the driver knowing every inch of "God's own country" as he and lots of other people call it and Christiane Philip at the helm you coudn't be more well looked after. With Chris's knowlege as a most experienced chef, you get to go to the most amazing places from farms to find out just where your spices come from, hotels that provide cooking lessons together with Nazeema's home cooking school, up to the tea plantations in the cool green hills of Thekkady and Munnar and then on to the backwaters of Kerala in a beautifully converted rice barge...complete with your own chef and staff on hand to cater to your every wish. Oh and don't forget the extras such as visits to textile places, wharf area at Kochi and much more. Did I mention the food...well it's fabulous!!! You certainly won't go hungry. This is a trip not to be missed and I hear tell of 2 more trips in the next twelve months. Check them out on Facebook and Instagram.Written 20 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Kochi (Cochin)
- These experiences are best for classes & workshops in Kochi (Cochin):
- Learn about the Flavors of Kerala with a Market Tour Cooking Lesson and Traditional Feast in a Local Home
- Get a Glimpse into a Traditional Nair Household during a Private Cooking Class
- Cooking class in Cochin
- These are the best places for couples seeking classes & workshops in Kochi (Cochin):See more classes & workshops for couples in Kochi (Cochin) on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly classes & workshops in Kochi (Cochin):See more budget-friendly classes & workshops in Kochi (Cochin) on Tripadvisor