What travellers are saying
- You get lost in this shop- you are not bothered by anyone and the prices are set so you don't have to bargain--they are bargain prices to start with. A laid back, pleasurable shopping experienceWritten 6 December 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place carries a very good collection of antiques. Not a huge room for bargaining. If just window shopping the huge snake boat - Vellom as it is called in Malayalam kept in their showroom is something to look at. They also used to have a really huge “Varpu” - a shallow brass vessel used in olden times to cook feasts which the attending staff said got sold a year or so back.
They have a very nice outdoor restaurant at the back facing the backwaters. It would have been a great respite from the hustle and bustle outside if it was not for the prices. The food is ridiculously expensive. The menu was also mostly Indian. The kids wanted to have pasta and burger, and so we did not eat here. There are much reasonable options once you step outside.Written 27 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You can do premium shopping here in ethnic creations. The quality is guaranteed. You can get your choice, as there are plenty of collections of wears and items having great cultural importanceWritten 21 February 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the many tourist oriented shops selling spices at a mark up for visitors unaware they can buy cheaper in any normal storeWritten 11 January 2020
- The Ethnic Passage is located in the Jew Town Market in Kochi on way to Pardesi Jewish Synagogue. The passage four distinct segments : cafe, books, antiques, handicrafts. There is other merchandise as well. We were on a family trip with kid and parents and took lunch at the cafe. The cafe serves sandwiches, burgers, smoothies, tea, coffee, lemon soda etc. We tried Veg-Sandwiches and Veg Burger along with fruit smoothie and lemon soda. Sandwiches were as good as home cooked and tasted awesome. Price of food items seemed reasonable as per quality of food. Antiques and handicrafts were a bit overpriced but offered a good insight into the cultural depth of Kerala.Written 30 October 2022