What travellers are saying
- Huge complex that has a modern feel to it but yet there is tradition all around. Apart from the main temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, there are temples to Sri Krishna, Hanuman, Sai Baba, the Snake Gods, Navagrahas and more. The temple also features a statue of Shri Narayana Guru, a social reformer who installed and consecrated the main deity here and was responsible for the upliftment of the Billawa community. There is also a huge venue for weddings. All in all a must visit for anyone.Written 15 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice and clean beach. We went to Tippu Sultan's Sultan battery watch tower on the banks of Gurupur river. Took a boat to cross the river and walked down for five minutes to the beach.Written 9 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On 31st May, myself with my son & parents got to visit Khadri Manjunatha temple from Sri Ramakrishna Mutt, Mangalore.
Khadri Manjunatha is one of the ancient temple, which belongs to the Vijayanagara style of structure. This temple is located just 4 km, distance from the heart of the Mangalore city.
The temple has various statues of Gokarnatha, Machendranath, Shringinath, Manjushri, Lokeshwara and even Buddha apart from Lord Manjunatha. We need to climb few steps, where we can see 7 rivers & can do Abhishegam for the Shiv Lingam placed there.
Had a blissful evening at the temple !!Written 3 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- visit to Durgeshwari temple complex . Besides the main temple , a FULL REPLICA OF GOLDEN TEMPLE EXTERIOR IN GOLD , presiBeautiful serene place . Main temple if of Vishnu bhagwan and laxmi mate . Also present are Krishna Radhaji ,in main temple. Incidently , temple is made in the design of GOLDEN TEMPLE- exterior is Pure GOLD . Other deities are Hanumanji, Shivji, RamSita and Ganeshji. . Very peaaceful place .Written 1 March 2023
- It is a must see, the frescos are comparable to any where in the world, better to get someone to guide you like the caretaker because there is a lot that needs to be explained.Written 26 September 2023
- Good place, clean beach..must visit if you are in Mangalore.One thing which needs to improve is washroom facilities rest all greatWritten 6 May 2023
- It is a division place and must visit. Since Mangalore is named after Mangla Devi, it is only natural that one should offer prayer there.Written 30 June 2023
- Its heaven on earth. Silent place to have a glance of beautiful butterflies. Mr. Sammilan Shetty is always there to help identify the species and very friendly in nature. Had a great time in the butterfly park and also recommend to watch the movie on the park.Written 22 July 2020
- The mall in mangalore it’s a great thing and the infrastructure is really good and it’s decent mall to shopping and the best part it has PVR. It’s good place to visit and shopWritten 21 September 2019
- On 31st May'23, myself along with my parents & son got to visit Sri Sharavu Maha Ganapathy temple from Sri Ramakrishna Mutt.
Sri Sharavu Maha Ganapathy temple is well acclaimed as one of the most popular temples of southern part of India. The presiding deities of the temple are Lord Ganesha & Shiva.
The Shivlinga has been worshipped by the Maharaja as Sharabeswara, The sacred place is therefore named as Sharavu. We had very good dharshan at the temple.
Most Blessed evening at Sri Sharavu Maha Ganapathi temple.Written 5 June 2023
- On 31st May'23, myself along with my parents & son got to visit Sri Venkataramana temple from Sri Ramakrishna Mutt.
Sri Venkataramana temple is located at the heart of the city, Mangalore, which is just 1 km from Mangalore Railway station. The presiding deity of the temple is Lord Venkataramana (incarnation of Maha Vishnu).
Other deities available in the temple are Goddess Sridevi, Goddess Bhoodevi, Garuda vahana, Sri Gopala Krishna and Shri Veera Vitala.
We had a good dharshan of all the deities, seeked their blessings.
Had a divine evening at the temple.Written 6 June 2023
- Very well kept for tourists to view the inside of the lighthouse and get atop for a 360 degrees of the seawaters. The adjoining navy museum too is informative.Written 22 September 2022
- Quite an excellent beach sea waves hitting the shores, a peaceful place to relax on the beachside waters.Written 22 September 2022
- This is a full day activity and in case if you visit this place for only half day or few hours then you will be able to see 2 or 3 things only. We had around 3 hours of time hence had to choose 2 activity. We opted for Zoo visit and Arts and Gutthu house visit. Zoo was maintained well, as the animals were looking healthy compared to few other zoo in other cities were animals look malnutritioned. This place is in outskirts of Mangalore but not very far though. Just a drive of 20 minutes will take you there. Need to buy tickets for each activity or can buy one ticket for all the activities. It is better if you purchase a buggy ticket for travelling between attractions otherwise you will have to walk between attractions and might loose your time just for that.Written 27 January 2021
- One of the beaches which has rocks on the shore and sea as well! A quiet and less crowded beach is there for enjoyment... evenings are the best time to visit. It can get lonely at dusk and hence best to leave, with respect to safety.Written 10 December 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Mangalore
- The best day trips from Mangalore according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Houseboat Cruise in Bekal from Mangalore
- Excursion To Karkala And Moodabidri From Mangalore with Lunch
- Belur and Halebeedu Heritage Trail from Mangalore
Mangalore Attractions Information