- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- A lovely drive with breath taking views. A must do if you have a car at your disposal. There are some steps which one needs to climb for better views. It is like you are driving through the cloudsWritten 10 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Real forest waterfalls and best part is adventure.
You can see animals like elephants ,deer, tiger while tracking……..Written 16 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You can enjoy the ride till the peak.
otherwise nothing worthwhile to mention.
There is no good restaurant or restrooms on the way.Written 21 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I did the trek to Kudremukh peak in April 2023. The trek would take ~20 kms in round-trip distance. Most of the trek involves passing through areas with less tree covers and just involving bushes. Hence, you would exposed to Sun for a considerable portion of the trek. I did the mistake of doing this during the peak summer month of April. You can get very tired easily and can get sun-burns.
Even at the peak, instead of feeling cold, you would feel sun beaming at your face. This kind of overshadows your thrill of conquering the peak. One consolation that I had was that, I could spot an antelope in the woods near to the peak. !
So, overall, it is a nice trekking place, but you should avoid it during summers.Written 5 June 2023
- Its a peaceful place to drive down the lake and watch the sunrise and sunset. Visit in the evening. The place is calm and quiet. Lake surrounded by mountains. View is great. Good place to chill with family.
No entry fee and parking is available outside. No washroom facility.Written 19 September 2023
- We drove the park en route from Mangalore to Shimoga. Lovely views all around. While we could not stop for a visit, the place certainly seems worth it.Written 21 April 2023
- It was far away from the crowd. Was worth the travel , the 4Wheel jeep drive to reach the falls was great. Nice place to visitWritten 8 November 2022
- I have traveled and stayed in many places in Karnataka. But I must say this place won my heart. It is the only house on top of the mountain surrounded by nature and wild birds. The owner "Navin sir" has cooked us some delicious food by himself and shared some great life lessons. A must-visit place for a relaxing weekend.Written 1 December 2022
- We had a decent jeep safari for almost an hour, could spit some spotted deer and the Indian gaur multiple times, though they have 39 tigers in the park at the moment, as usual the tiger remained elusiveWritten 8 November 2020
- One of the different kind of jungle experience . Filled with lot of Bushes and Dense forest . Flora and fauna are feast to the eyes. Easy to reach , affordable pricing of Safari , organised by Department of Forest , Govt of Karnataka .
Please note safari timings are from 6 AM to 9 AM and 3.30 PM to 5.30 PM . (There will be no safari in between)
You can hire a Bus , Camper , Jeep for the same .
Staffs are very knowledgable and courteous. Talk to them freely to understand the demography of the area .
Please carry sufficient food as nothing is available in camp except Tea.
Lot of home stays are there near to this place .
Also you can visit Private water falls hardly 8 Km front the base camp . .Written 23 December 2021
- Caution: On Google Maps, type Ayyankere Park instead of just Ayyankere, otherwise it will take you to an inaccessible side of the lake.
It was a Sunday when we went, so there were some 30-40 tourists. The lake and the surrounding hills make for picturesque scenery. Lots of greenery. There is a narrow embankment which leads down to the lake, which is not very safe, especially if you have some young children. The path down to the lake is unfortunately strewn with a lot of plastic and junk, which seems to be a sad part of almost every tourist attraction in India. There is decent parking space for about 10-15 cars. Not much shade around which was okay when we visited due to cloudy conditions.
All in all, a decent outing to enjoy some serene views and peaceful waterbody.Written 3 July 2023
- This place is simply awsome to visit with friends and also family. The view is also awsome. Only they have to take care of the cleanliness.Written 11 February 2019
- Reaching the waterfall takes some effort but the beauty of the place diminish all the travel complaints. The place is around 30 kms from Chikmagalur city, nearly 25 kms through ghats. The ghat roads were being widened during my travel, so there were stones dumped at many places. Jhari falls aka Buttermilk falls will be on the way towards Baba Budaangiri and Manikyadhara fall. One has to leave his/her vehicle on the main road and hire a jeep to reach falls that is around 2-3 kms terrain drive through muddy road. The jeeps charge 700 for one round trip, max 7 persons per trip. Its very pleasant to take a shower, but there are no changing rooms available near the falls. Changing room is available at the main road. It is worth a visit.Written 7 March 2020
- Kadambi Falls is a beautiful fall ... Must visit this place after the rains. Lot of greenery around.Written 28 December 2019
- An origin of three rivers..
The place is in dense jungle and we need to take a small walk . I've been here many times and once we were lucky to spot a tiger at a distance, we had to backtrack our journey that day.
Once at the spot you need to look under the rocks for the river origin. It forms drop at a time and a small stream starts flowing.
This is in a thick jungle and not advised to detour. One will be accompanied by forest officer and on his jeep. You need to take permissions from forest officers to visit any place in kudremukh.
NOTE: Mobile Networks Not Available, Closest commercial establishment is in Kudremukh TownshipWritten 26 November 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Chikmagalur