What travellers are saying
- A lovely drive with breath taking views. A must do if you have a car at your disposal. There are some steps which one needs to climb for better views. It is like you are driving through the cloudsWritten 10 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Real forest waterfalls and best part is adventure.
You can see animals like elephants ,deer, tiger while tracking……..Written 16 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best place to visit, It looks like a Windows wallpaper once you visit. Definitely must visit place. While going here, you can also cover Hebbe falls. For Z point, you will have to trek approx 4-5km out of which 2km would be tough one and rest 3km is like walking in a garden.Written 17 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just few weeks back I visited beautiful Agumbe town. After reaching the place, I came to know about Sringeri. The next day after Kundadri hills, we travelled to Sringeri to visit temple.
I was awed by the unique construction and architecture of the temple. Its a famous Hindu temple dedicated to goddess Saraswati. The matha includes two major temples. One is dedicated to Shiva and other other to Saraswati.
The temple got renovated during the 14th – 16th century by the Vijayanagara rulers.
The temple is situated on the banks of Tunga River. After the temple visit, dont forget to sit and relax at the bank of the river. Its so calm and serene there.
Getting to Sharadamba Temple is quite easy for both locals and tourists. Since it is situated in the heart of Sringeri town, it can be accessed by road through all means of transport. You can either choose to hire an auto-rickshaw to reach the location or book a private taxi.
Frequent buses are available from Agumbe and the temple.
The recommended exploration time is 1-2 hours.
Timings of the temple - 6am - 2pm and 4 pm - 9 pm
Lunch time- 12 pm- 2 pm
Dinner time - 7 pm - 9 pm
There is no entry FeeWritten 19 September 2023
- You can enjoy the ride till the peak.
otherwise nothing worthwhile to mention.
There is no good restaurant or restrooms on the way.Written 21 May 2023
- A must visit temple. It's so peaceful & quiet and the place has amazing positive vibes. The deities take your breath away and you can pray so comfortably. The priest is a wonderful person who will explain patiently reg. the temple.Written 27 September 2022
- I did the trek to Kudremukh peak in April 2023. The trek would take ~20 kms in round-trip distance. Most of the trek involves passing through areas with less tree covers and just involving bushes. Hence, you would exposed to Sun for a considerable portion of the trek. I did the mistake of doing this during the peak summer month of April. You can get very tired easily and can get sun-burns.
Even at the peak, instead of feeling cold, you would feel sun beaming at your face. This kind of overshadows your thrill of conquering the peak. One consolation that I had was that, I could spot an antelope in the woods near to the peak. !
So, overall, it is a nice trekking place, but you should avoid it during summers.Written 5 June 2023
- Its a peaceful place to drive down the lake and watch the sunrise and sunset. Visit in the evening. The place is calm and quiet. Lake surrounded by mountains. View is great. Good place to chill with family.
No entry fee and parking is available outside. No washroom facility.Written 19 September 2023
- We drove the park en route from Mangalore to Shimoga. Lovely views all around. While we could not stop for a visit, the place certainly seems worth it.Written 21 April 2023
- The location of the temple is beautiful. fully surrounded by lush green forest hills.
Be prepared to stand in the queue for 1 hour, as special darshan was not available
The god Annapurneshwari stands majestically. The idol is big and one can have the darshan from the outer entrance too.
The food served is simple and divine.
Prasadam counter is inside the temple. Costs range up to 120/- per bag with an assortment of sweets and rice in a sachet.Written 21 May 2023
- This was a beautiful place and I would like to visit here again and again. Next time with family and parents. This was great experience like heaven.Written 6 May 2019
- Beautiful architecture. very well maintained. all the 3 gods' statues are made of Saligrama stone. Worth spending time.Written 10 February 2023
- It was far away from the crowd. Was worth the travel , the 4Wheel jeep drive to reach the falls was great. Nice place to visitWritten 8 November 2022
- Beautiful Temple and surroundings. Spiritual atmosphere. Well maintained Town Sringeri. Cleanliness of the place was impressive.Written 10 December 2022
- I have traveled and stayed in many places in Karnataka. But I must say this place won my heart. It is the only house on top of the mountain surrounded by nature and wild birds. The owner "Navin sir" has cooked us some delicious food by himself and shared some great life lessons. A must-visit place for a relaxing weekend.Written 1 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Chikmagalur
Chikmagalur Attractions Information