Top Attractions in Chikmagalur
What travellers are saying
- It's one of the best, easiest climb, around 500 steps.The view from top is simply breath taking!! Even kids (ours 5 and 7) could easily climb it. Its a winding drive to the top so best to avoid post sundown. Must visit if you go to chikmagalur as it's nearby.Written 23 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Amazing. Must visit if you are in Chikmagalur. Its gorgeous during rainy seasons . Amazing experienceWritten 20 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- You can take ur car down almost till the falls if it's SUV.
For those who want to trek, it's a decent 3-4 km trek one way. It's worth the hike once you reach the place. Definitely worth visiting.Written 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- One of the shrines which depict history / architecture nad blessings of Sharada Maa , seat of knowledge. Lot of changes seen after 20+ years . The feeding to fishes from near the river has been abondand. One can walk through the bridge after 10:30 am and drop your Moori. Was very rare to visit any pemple in south india twice within a span of 15 min. Thanks to present situation crown was very thin .Written 5 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is part of Baba Budangiri trip. Going ahead on the same road after Baba Budangiri, you get two options, take the road towards right to reach Z-Point.
The point to keep in mind is that condition of the road is very poor and it is not advisable to visit this place during heavy rains or fog. In good weather conditions you will get great views of the mountains and is an absolute must to visit.
Keep 2-3 hours in hand (minimum) as on way to Z-Point you will come across a few other beautiful spots, a lake and a small waterfall also.Written 22 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very beautiful place and full greenery place.located at top of hill areas.temple is on cave and photography is not allowed.Separate jeeps are available to reach nearest waterfalls.Written 2 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A super stretch to drive and reach this huge lake. While the lake is good with amazing views, be informed that you need to walk a bit after parking your vehicle. And there is no place for shelter. Its a barren land near the lake. If you reach there after 10, it becomes very difficult to walk in scorching heat. There is no place to even buy water- forget something to eat. Bets to visit before 10AM or after 4.30-5PMWritten 11 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Veera Narayana temple has a complex Hoysala architecture and amazing sculpture in terms of he black stone idols. It is close to the tourist spot Halebidu.The temple has three sanctums and the main shrine faces east and is dedicated to Viranarayana (Vishnu). The north facing shrine is dedicated to Venugopala ( Lord Krishna with Flute), while the south facing shrine is for Yoga-Narasimha.The finely polished galaxy of pillars, some looks like as if they are wearing jewels. The local legends state that the village has roots in the Mahabharata era when it was called Ekachakranagar. Then, Belavadi was where Pandava prince Bheema killed the demon Bakasura and protected the village and its people. The temple poojari ( priest ) Prashanth is very welcoming and really enjoys talking aboout the temple. HARE KRISHNA !Written 8 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Just see Kagadada Doniyalli song to scenic view of this place. Its so beautiful and everyone will love the view. Try to vist on weekday that too in early morning or sunset timeWritten 6 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Went to Kudremukh Trek April. It was worth all the pain trekking 24km into meadows, mountains in scorching heat. A must visit toDifficulty level : Beginner-Intermediate
Terrain : Forest, Steep uphill, Small water bodies.
Me with my 3 other friends planned to go to Kudremukh Trek on a weekend. We opted for Thrillophilia (trip planner) to book 3 day 2 night package. It was a good decision since it was our first time for Kudremukh trek and if you are a beginner, I would suggest the same. Take help of any trip planner when you are going for the first time. It was cost effective. They took care of accomodation, food, entrance tickets, guide and most importantly, the vibe of the group we went with was LIT.
Day1: We were supposed to report to pickup point at 8:45 pm. We reached on time but bus was late due to some unavoidable (genuine) reason. We boarded the bus at 10:00pm from Domlur. And our journey began...
At night around 11:30-12 bus stopped at a nice place for having dinner. The food was 🤤.
Day2: We reached Kudremukh around 6-6:30 am. We were supposed to carry a xerox of aadhar card. That was collected there and our name were registered. Probably that was for entry tickets. Restricted number of people are allowed to trek in a day in Kudremukh. Then we boarded another jeep (arranged by Shashi, our trip planner) which dropped us to the location where our accomodation was arranged. It was a nice, calm and peaceful place. In the mountains, forget about internet. You will be lucky if you are able to receive any call 😂😂😂. We had our breakfast and finally our trek started around 9:30 am. Its a no plastic zone, so our bags were checked. Apart from essential items like water bottle and lunch box (provided by Shashi) we kept nothing. And I suggest you the same. And don't worry about water. You will get natural water in between. You can refill your bottles.
Trek began. We were following our guide. Going through the meadows, narrow passages, steep climbing and small water bodies we reached to the submit by 12:45 pm. We were supposed to reach by 1:00 and we made it in time. We trekked in scorching heat. But all the pain was worth. It was beautiful when we reached to the submit. Mist hitting our faces, cold breeze... It felt Great. We had our lunch, Clicked some pictures rested for a while and enjoyed. By 3 we started getting down and by 4:30-5 we were in our room. The last 3 kms were like 🥵🥵🥵. While trekking up as well as down. Our legs were like bro... I am done. No more movement please 😂😂😂. There was a waterfall just behind our dorms. So many people went there and had a relaxing bath. I opted to go to bed 😝😝😝. By the time I woke up it was already dark. Around 7:00 pm. At 9-9:30 we had our dinner. And then chit chat began. Around 20-30 people sitting in a common area having fun. Booze was arranged by Shashi (self sponsored). Songs were playing, people were playing cards and all... It was really fun. Then bonfire began. We sat around the bonfire but unfortunately within 10 mins it rained so we shifted to a shelter. At night, there was no electricity. It was pitch dark. We were sitting in the dark, listing to the music on speaker, enjoying our booze, chit chatting with each other. It was great. Felt very relaxed. Luckily the rained stopped so Shashi arranged a mini bonfire and we sat around and listened to music. Around 1:30 am we went to bed. You can sleep in a camp but I opted to sleep on bed. That was end of Day 2.
Day 3: I woke up at 6:30-7:00 and went to the waterfall. It was 💙. Sat there for a while and then came back. Had our breakfast and got ready to leave. We were supposed to leave by 9:00. Jeep was arranged by Shashi which dropped us where our bus was waiting for us. Finally everyone's phones started ringing as our network returned. While coming back to Bangalore we stopped at two spots, one was tea plantation and other was Belur Temple. We also stopped for tea breaks. Around 3:30-4:00 pm we stopped for lunch which was self sponsored. The real fun began after 6:00 pm when Shashi started playing songs in bus speaker and all started dancing. It was 🔥🔥🔥. Imagine 40-50 people screaming and dancing. It was awesome. We reached back to Bangalore by 10:30-11. And that how our trip ended
It was really really really fun. Before going to the trek I heard that its better to go to Kudremukh Trek in rainy season. That may be true. It could have been better but I am glad that we went in April. I would definitely like to visit there again.Written 5 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a decent jeep safari for almost an hour, could spit some spotted deer and the Indian gaur multiple times, though they have 39 tigers in the park at the moment, as usual the tiger remained elusiveWritten 8 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- One of the best preserved heritage temple. There are no words to explain the beauty of Vigrahas, it need to be experienced with your own eyes. Very calm and quit place, away from tourist rush. A must visit along with Belur and Halebid.Written 30 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Goddess annapurnashweri is powerfull goddess. people visit here for different reasons. You will find free meal and breakfast here. Accomadations is not good. If you coming from Sringeri take Old route, its scenic and beautifulWritten 6 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you love nature and greenery this is the place to go.
Best time is just after the monsoons June to sept.
There is a little known,but excellently located government resort run on lease by jungle lodges& resorts. Worth a couple of days stay.
Plenty of hiking trails in the area to experience nature at its best. The tallthgiri falls is on the way to this point. There is also a homestay/resort on the way named rangers camp with an attached food point where one can have fresh cooked lunch. You will have to wait 15/20 mins since its only made to order. Food is fantastic and reasonably priced.
A day trip with shimoga as base is worth every penny.Written 26 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was a beautiful place and I would like to visit here again and again. Next time with family and parents. This was great experience like heaven.Written 6 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Chikmagalur