- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 55
What travellers are saying
- Divine place. Serenity. Breathtaking view of city. Blessings for everyone. Must visit for everyone. On Namon Shivay.Written 21 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Dal Lake is the trademark of the Srinagar City and truly adds a new flavour to the city's beauty. It is next to impossible for you to visit Srinagar and miss this lake. The lake stretches for a vast expanse and has different looks in different parts of the stretch. At one side, you can see the bustling life on the lake with innumerable houseboats and the shikaras....on the opposite side you can experience the calm and peaceful waters with active fountains.
We stayed for a night in one of the houseboats called White House Houseboat which was a nice experience in itself but the Shikara ride offered from the houseboat was quite expensive. The shikara ride is much cheaper if you book it from the land instead of the houseboat. We took the shikara ride during the sunset and had the most amazing experience. As soon as we sat on the shikara, different shikara vendors selling different stuffs approached us. We took a hookah and a some local kabab....the prices are quite on the expensive side. But due to the huge number of tourists using shikara that day luckily the vendors were not bugging us much. When we expressed our disinterest they left. You can also take photos in Kashmiri attire in the Shikaras and if you like trying out traditional outfits from other cultures like me you can surely try this, as the photos turn out to be amazing.
Once you cross the main houseboat section of the lake, you will land into a vast stretch of water. The blue waters dotted with the shikaras looks beautiful in the golden hours....a scene which you will never see anywhere else in the country. This will be the best part of your shikara ride. After this you will be taken through the canals with floating shops on either side and soon you will find yourself in the Meena Bazaar where you will be persuaded to check out the items in the shops. Our boat also stopped at one particular shop where we had to check out the kurtis and the shawls. The prices were indeed higher than that of the shops on the land as there will be commission cuts for the boatman. There will be several flee markets at the road just infront the shikara ghats (ghats towards the houseboats)...try to do your shopping from there instead of the Meena Bazaar as the quality looked more or less similar.
Also, many boatmen will approach you selling Kesar at a very cheap rate. DO NOT BUY KESAR FROM THEM. I got few to give as gifts for my relatives and almost every sample caught mould and got spoiled after a month. On the other hand the ones bought at a higher price from the land are still unspoilt.Written 11 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is heavenly. Now you dont need to go to Netherlands to see this spectacular phenomenon. Each step was a spring festival. Til wherever you could see, it was just flowers & some trees. Daffodils, Tulips, Whispering willows,and many more. Just amazing !!!Written 5 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited Srinagar and Leh. Mr.Shakeel engaged us with his queen Inova car(literally treated as a queen). I must say he is the best person who can take at most care when traveling with kids. A cool guy felt like a brother, who can explain the places, people, culture the localities n an on time person. He arranged everything right from pickup, room bookings, food, places to visit, shopping local items etc..it was a soothing experience on the go.He took us to his home, met their cute little family, he gave fresh apples apricots and pear from his home garden. This is what we expected to explore the kashmiri people their villages etc..
And wherever we go he ensured about our health and kids especially. He insisted to take water to keep us hydrated and made sure we have oxygen cylinder when in high altitude regions.
I strongly recommend Mr.Shakeel for anyone planning to go with kids or senior persons
Contact no. 9622709560Written 17 September 2023
- Nigeen Lake is better and more peaceful lake than that of the Dal Lake. Its clean and provides peace of mind while staying in a houseboat.Written 28 August 2023
- This Garden is a fresh part of srinagar Kashmir and really worth to visit, it is well managed and a must see place.Written 31 July 2023
- Visited this place on the first day of our Kashmir trip. Its one of the famous tourist attractions in Srinagar. The view from the top is fantastic and you can take lots of photographs with your family and friends. It provide a panoramic view of the city and Dal Lake. Please make sure that you visit this place when the weather is good/morning/evening.Written 29 August 2023
- This garden was full of people as this is one of the most visited attraction in Srinagar. We went there in evening as it was hot in day time but in evening it’s blissful with family.Written 9 June 2023
- Must visit place. Pony ride deep into forest hills nearly 6 hours with family reaching a huge lake. Ride into wilderness is memorable. No comission to cabs hence not popular/ promoted but must bargain rate. Gentle ride unlike Gulmarg, Sonamarg.Written 15 April 2023
- A surprisingly large garden area currently very well kept and colourful and of course the watercourses, foun-tain bases and buildings from 400 years ago when the gardens were constructed. The main building is in poor shape but enough remains to suggest the glamorous colours it would have been. Similarly most fountains don't work but the structures are there and some still operate. Nearby though Nishat Gardens showed Mughul structures still fully operating in wonderful gardens.Written 2 July 2023
- Visited this garden with my family yesterday and it was splendid. A quite place with minimal visitors allow you to relax and calm your nerves. Loved the garden management, plenty of flowers and almonds on the trees. Perfect place to take sometime off from your hectic schedule with your family. Highly recommended.Written 18 May 2023
- I went there with my family and my 1.8 year daughter. My daughter had so much fun there as there were so many varieties of plants and flowers. It was so beautiful to see everything at one placeWritten 9 June 2023
- Nice garden with fresh water flowing at chashma which is famous & said Nehruji drank that water.Must visit place while in ShrinagarWritten 26 April 2023
- One hour drive from Srinagar.
From Ganderbal you leave the highway and take village road. Road is narrow but good and one can enjoy the countryside.
Can combine with visit to Kheer Bhawani temple and Wular lake.
One can view the lake from the park or from outside the park.
There are a number of entries to the park. Entry fee is Rs 24 per person.
For better view and activities it is better to enter the park.
Park has enough shade and benches to sit.
The place is fairly quiet as there are not many tourists. Lake is famous for its Lotus flowers.
One can take a Shikara ride and children can enjoy some rides in the park on payment basis.
There is a restaurant inside the park and a food court outside the park. There were very few options for eating as most food stalls were closed.
It is advised that one should carry your own food as good food may not be available on this circuit.
There is an ancient submerged Shiva temple on one end of the lake which can be approached from outside the park also. A caretaker is available who for a tip will take you inside the locked premises to feed fishes.
Time required around one hour, more if you take a Shikara ride (Rs 400 for one hour)Written 4 July 2023
- Great experience with Wasim Bhai and Shabbir!!
Would recommended everyone for their trip in Kashmir.Written 14 September 2023