- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- The dal lake is full of shikara and houseboats. Negotiate well if you want to go for a shikara ride
They start with 3-4 times high. Also the seller will surround you. We enjoyed our time and hot tea and Maggi in the middleWritten 6 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Tulip Garden Ais the Lagest Tupuls and Mire Than Thousands of Tulios Bloom in the Month of April for Fourty Daye Every year. MOST OF parts of indian tourists come and Enjoye.Never Miss ot start Palning to Explore the Kashmir Hospitality and Tourism.Always Miss...Written 5 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beware of corrupt Pony walas. They are highly corrupt. I didnt bargain much and paid 2,200 per pony to the last point. But when we reached halfway, the pony wala said that the other point also looks same and that we should go back. However, I luckily saw other riders moving to the next point, so I insisted as I had the deal till last point. The pony wala suddenly threatened to go back alone without ponies and said that I am on my own. He literally went back. I didn't react and continued to move forward on pony. He returned back after walking away towards back side for 2 minutes.
I didn't bargain much thinking that, let them earn as they have to take care of themselves and the pony. But they are highly corrupt and threaten in the middle of journey. Pony walas of Pahalgam and Gulmarg were good. However please be careful as these corrupt people are taking undue advantage of the tourist. I don't mind them taking extra money but they don't want to give service either.Written 29 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a second biggest lake in Srinagar and is less crowded than Dal lake. We stayed in a houseboat in this lake and it was a nice stay.Written 23 November 2022
- This is a lesser known place as compared to Gulmarg and Pehelgam but no less beautiful than the others. The name originates from a legend but means MILK flowing through STONES. It's 45 km from Srinagar and you can reach there easily by a taxi. From the parking you need to take a horse ride or another local taxi. You need to negotiate hard for the taxi ride. As you go towards highest point, you can enjoy the nature with vast open grazing grounds, green lawns and snow peak mountains in the surrounding. The scenery is as beautiful as in Scotland or in Austria or Switzerland. There are eateries where you can have your food. There are stay options as well which we don't explore. Highly recommended place.Written 23 November 2022
- Just like all the gardens in Kashmir, this is another well maintained garden with beautiful flowers all over. The tourist & locals footfall over here is more and hence it is more crowded. There are some steps to be climbed to get into the park and hence can be tiring for a senior citizen.
The view of the dal lake from the garden is another plus point.Written 28 October 2022
- This valley is beautiful. Snowpeak mountains, water bodies and big well maintained lawns. Must visit attraction if you are in Pehelgam. It's popular and crowded in season. Its name is taken from a Hindi movie "Betaab" which popularised this valley.Written 23 November 2022
- If you have traveled Pahalgam, Gulmarg, Sonmarg you can skip this. But if you have a couple of days to spare do visit. Huge lush green landscapes with chinar trees in backdrop adds charm. Small streams of fresh water rings in nature’s music.Written 13 November 2022
- It is proposed that more beautification is needed than these gardens as years ago the work was done . Now private party has been given the task of making it more attractive and sustainable. The garden definitely requires a modern touch but it's historic values should remain intact. A must see place for every tourist's Srinagar diary and albumWritten 14 August 2022
- This is a lovely garden and a must visit in Srinagar. The best time to visit as I understand is during March/April when the almond trees are in full bloom. Unfortunately we couldnt see this. But the garden itself was quite lovely. With almond trees, flowering plants including lovely red roses, etc. The Allah fountain is a majestic structure. Well worth a visit.Written 16 May 2022
- You can spend 45-60 minutes here having a stroll and looking at the fountains. You will be reminded of several songs from Indian movies (across languages) shot here in the 60s and 70s. There are hardly any flowering plants. It is, however, a great place for a picnic if the weather permits.Written 19 July 2022
- This garden is worth visiting.It is good as a picnic spot.Chashme Shahi , is one of the Mughal gardens built in 1632 AD around a spring by Ali Mardan Khan, a governor of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan as per the orders of the Emperor, as a gift for his eldest son Prince Dara Shikoh.
The Chashme Shahi is located within the jurisdiction of Srinagar city, 14 kilometres (9 mi) in the northeast from the Srinagar Airport. It is adjacent to Rajbhawan (Governor's house). The garden is connected by the Boulevard Road which passes along the banks of the Dal lake. An entry fee of Rs 24/- per adult. Photography allowed. Provision to eat our lunch etc...in the premises.Written 29 June 2022
- We went to the Tulip Gardens and thus landed here. Good for a leisurely stroll and fill your lungs with fresh air. The greenery is soothing to the eye.Written 23 April 2022
- Dachigam National Park is 22 kms from Srinagar and you need to get permit from J&K Dept. of Forest before visiting this place. This National Park will actually give you goosebumps as you enter deep inside. There's a beautiful Trout Farmland inside the forest at a distance of 1 km.
One must visit this national park if you like adventure.Written 24 May 2022
- While in Srinagar must have a day to visit Manasbal Lake. Quite a serene place. Have Shikara ride and can enjoy Kahwa on nearby eating joints. Take a walk along lake to enjoy its beauty.Written 7 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Srinagar
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Srinagar:
- Private Same Day Pahalgam Trip with Lunch from Srinagar
- Private Tour 4 Days 5 Nights
- 4 Nights 5 Days Kashmir Tour
- KASHMIR TOUR (7 Nights /8 Days)
- Kashmir Trips Couples Honeymoon Tours
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for nature & parks in Srinagar:See more nature & parks for adrenaline seekers in Srinagar on Tripadvisor