Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Ahmedabad
What travellers are saying
- Excellent experience! Specially visited Ahmedabad for Gandhi Ashram and it was totally worth it. India’s freedom struggle and Gandhi’s contributions come alive. The students of history must visit this place.
It’s very well maintained campus, housing a museum dedicated to Gandhi’s life, his rooms, a few artefacts, a book store and a small Khadi store. Sabarmati Riverfront and the whole ambience takes the traveller back into history.Written 12 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful river front with well maintained promenade, vegetation, tracks for walking and cycling. Flower show in the garden was well laid out, with good lighting. One must visit it in the morning time to experience the calmness. However when I visited most of the gates were shut.Written 12 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This gorgeous 5 steps well (pronounced "wow" in Gujarati for well) is quite close to the airport for ease of travel. It's a beautiful piece of architecture with lovely designs on its walls, pillars and ceilings. It takes about an hour to really soak in the beauty. Entry fee is Rs. 25/ person but I cannot remember the rate for foreigners though I'm sure it's definitely cheap.It would have been even more good if there were guides and easy to read literature narrating the story of the well.Written 15 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the must visit tourist attractions in Ahmedabad. It is a decent size lake which has a lot of attractions in here for all the age groups. You can start with the Toy train ride which takes around the complete lake and you can decide upon where all you want to visit. Major attractions include Zoo, Boat ride, Butterfly park, Kids Arena with lots of rides, Horror house. There are lots of eating joints as well. You need an entire day to enjoy the place completely.Written 17 January 2023
- Full of art and bhakti. Religious or not a must visit to respect their faith. Walk around to see some amazing carving. No photos but as usual locals take no noticeWritten 27 December 2022
- Science city is the nice place to visit with family or friends. There is many places with full of information and nicely placed. Planetarium is very nice. Newly developed Nature park is great to hang out. Aquarium is world class with a very wide variety of fishes. However, some of the older things are not properly maintained e.g., the hall of fame and hall of science is in pathetic condition without literally no maintenance. This is a very poor sign and if not handled properly other new things will also become like this. Government must take care of its proper maintenance.Written 5 October 2021
- The Ahmedabad One Mall, now known as Alpha One, is probably one of the best locations to visit in the city.
It is full of international chain stores for clothing, food and more. There's also a foreign exchange at one of the entrances for tourists to change money.
You must visit the Winter Wonderland, it's a change from the heat outside. Sign up to the free WiFi within, however, its not too predictable and speeds are slow.Written 22 December 2022
- Awesome place to explore vintage and classic cars with details of their origin and purchase date. Worth for all car loversWritten 22 October 2022
- Sidi Saiyyed Mosque is known famously as the Sidi Saiyyed ni Jali. It's situated in the center of a busy cross-roads in the old city of Ahmedabad. It is best known for the ornate lattice work and the famous ‘Tree of Life Jali’. We visited it in the evening and the light from within the mosque passed through the intricate carvings to display the architectural wonder.Written 23 December 2021