- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
48 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Observation Decks & Towers
Showing results 1-30 of 48
What travellers are saying
- This place always brings in the calmness in a person. A great location for capturing good photographs on a clear day. The days can sometimes be cloudyWritten 25 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Buddha Dordenma: Sitting on top of Kuensel Phodrang hill is a huge statue of 51.5-m bronze statue of Buddha (founder of Buddhism).
The Buddha Dordenman. Interestingly, the statue itself is the home for over 100,000 smaller statues of Buddha, made from bronze and gold.
The site also offers unobstructed views over the Thimphu Valley - especially stunning at sunsetWritten 27 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We came to understand the details of how textiles are made as well as the details of why they were the dress which looks like skirts.Written 26 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The place is situated in the middle of the town THIMPU . Lots of shop are near by but the place is less crowded and any one can a nice time hereWritten 2 May 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Bhutan country themselves famous for maintaining natural resources. This park is also known as Centenary Park and tourist attraction and picnic spot. It is situated on the banks of Wangchu River and this place is connected with historial significant.Written 31 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a wonderful experience traveling to Bhutan in 2018. The country has beauty, tranquility, and people at peace.
The driver and tour guide made all the difference in our experience and we loved being treated well and educated by the best.
We recommend everyone experience all that Bhutan has to offer.Written 6 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Bhutan Travel Guru was absolutely wonderful to work with. I spent many months working with them to plan a trip for April 2020 for me and 4 of my friends. I am in a wheelchair and 2 of my friends are very active and just hiked Mount Kilimanjaro, so our trip needed to accommodate both ends of the physical activity and capability spectrum. Bhutan Travel Guru worked with me extensively to create an itinerary that worked well for all 5 of us. It was quite an undertaking and they were extremely supportive of all of our needs.
Sadly in the end, we had to cancel the trip due to COVID-19. I had worked on the trip for nearly 2 years. It is so heartbreaking to have had to cancel. Now, I do not know if I will ever make it to Bhutan. I sure hope I do. We had already paid in full for our Bhutan trip . Bhutan Travel Guru provided a full refund of all monies paid with no issue whatsoever.
I contacted 3 of the travel agencies in Bhutan with top ratings on Tripadvisor. Bhutan Travel Guru was the first to respond and the most thorough to respond, so I chose them. I'm very glad I did. If I am able to travel to Bhutan in the future, I will definitely travel with Bhutan Travel Guru. I just hope they are still around and able to survive the global travel shut down. Such a sad time.Written 23 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A group of us (16 friends) went to Bhutan with Swallowtail for nearly 2 weeks with very specific requests - ranging from a private driver and guide for every 2 passengers, to a private festival in Central Bhutan, and a private festival in Merak. Tashi and the team went above and beyond what was expected to deliver excellent service throughout, even when our requests were not usual.
Everything was top notch, from the guides, to the accommodation, to the flexibility of the team. Would definitely recommend Swallowtail to anyone interested in visiting Bhutan.Written 2 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My tour was perfectly organized. Clear and easy communication before the tour. Excellent tour guide. Nothing to complain about. Perfect from beginning to end.Written 13 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My experience from September 20 to October 3rd 2018
Bhutan is a magical place and Raven Tours made it so special for us. From the moment we arrived our wonderful guide Pema received us at the airport with a big smile a great adventure started. He was always optimistic and sharing all his love and care for nature, the stories from his country and people. Details like singing happily with passion for us, bringing hot water in the cold mornings during our 6 day hike around Dagala Trek and showing us the breathtaking views from the peaks of the mountains I will never forget. It was wonderful to be able to visit one of the schools and hear the children sing, learn about their culture and ways to support them with respect. Until the last day Pema was so caring for our group. He made sure I could find a nice wooden carved Buddha to take with me to remember their spiritual teachings and the best spicy chili paste. Our exceptional skilled drivers took us around the most difficult roads along the cliff sides with safety and always offering us the best views. The team with the horses taking care of us during our 6 day hike were impressive, when we arrived to each campsite everything was always ready: the tents, food and hot beverage to drink. The boys carrying and serving tea, snack and lunch during our breaks of more than 7 hours daily hikes were always very helpful and smiling. Every part of the itinerary: the festivals and dressing as locals, the temples on the mountains, the fortress and monasteries, chortens, hikes, wildlife like yaks, takin and cranes, the hotels, paper factory and the stone bath were unique experiences. I can't pick a favorite one because the whole experience was unforgettable. The respect for nature and each other, and the country's effort to stay as green as possible and preserve their culture is admirable. Deepak was great before the trip answering to all my questions, and made sure we had a wonderful time during our trip. Thank you from my heart. I hope someday I can go and visit Bhutan again and see the eastern side. Stay safe, healthy and happy. Carolina Larrea Angermeyer from the Galapagos IslandsWritten 20 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We enjoyed so much during our Bhutan Tour. This day trip to Taktsang Monastery was our highlight in Bhutan! We thought Bhutan is very cold and packed so much for a week holiday, but it is not as cold as we thought. Our guide Karma was phenomenal. He was incredibly knowledgeable, had a great sense of humor, and could tell that he loved what he was doing! I couldn’t Happiness Drukyul Holiday enough! It was a great way to immerse ourselves in the Bhutanese culture.Written 9 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our with Keys to Bhutan was amazing. We were with Dorji and Tempeh as our guide and driver. Bhutan is a beautiful country and Dorji was amazing sharing us his knowledge and love, of the land and culture. The temples and monasteries were just unbelievable, especially Tiger's Nest. Definitely worth the hike! We also saw a library with their history written down on beautiful scrolls, lining the walls. We also had a surprise experience and rafted down the river! We had several wonderful meals, easily adaptable for vegetarians, with a special dinner on our last night, with Dorji and Tempeh. I would definitely recommend Keys to Bhutan.Written 7 May 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- bhutan best travel agent, always high quality, safe and good service. I would recommend it to everyone. we will come again..Written 13 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had an extraordinary trip from the beginning to the end.
The care the service, the places were excellent.
Driver and guide offered a high quality standard care and shared a lot of Knowledge.
Very positive team, with lots of love put into every detail.
We can highly recommend this company. Thank you for this unforgettable experience. The owner of the company Mr. Ugyen , came all the way to mountaintop to surprise us. He is a wonderful person. You can tell that he takes care of his staff very well. Enjoy your travels in the wonderful country with endless nature. It is a once in a lifetime experience for life. Greetings Veronique & CatWritten 23 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Absolutely fantastic trip, with a brilliant guide conversant with the culture and history of Bhutan. We went with a tour organised by the Art Gallery of NSW via Renaissance Tours and thoroughly enjoyed the whole 10 day trip. From snowball throws in the mountain tops to trips along sheer cliffs that led to improbable temples perched in the crags, we got a really good idea of the whole country. You have to see to believe the archery exhibition - some Bhutanese can hit a small target at 200 metres with a bow and arrow! Great food, hotels, markets and above all the infinite variety of brilliant Dzongs with their amazing artworks.Written 4 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.