- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
11 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- This place always brings in the calmness in a person. A great location for capturing good photographs on a clear day. The days can sometimes be cloudyWritten 25 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Buddha Dordenma: Sitting on top of Kuensel Phodrang hill is a huge statue of 51.5-m bronze statue of Buddha (founder of Buddhism).
The Buddha Dordenman. Interestingly, the statue itself is the home for over 100,000 smaller statues of Buddha, made from bronze and gold.
The site also offers unobstructed views over the Thimphu Valley - especially stunning at sunsetWritten 27 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a wonderful experience traveling to Bhutan in 2018. The country has beauty, tranquility, and people at peace.
The driver and tour guide made all the difference in our experience and we loved being treated well and educated by the best.
We recommend everyone experience all that Bhutan has to offer.Written 6 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Bhutan Travel Guru was absolutely wonderful to work with. I spent many months working with them to plan a trip for April 2020 for me and 4 of my friends. I am in a wheelchair and 2 of my friends are very active and just hiked Mount Kilimanjaro, so our trip needed to accommodate both ends of the physical activity and capability spectrum. Bhutan Travel Guru worked with me extensively to create an itinerary that worked well for all 5 of us. It was quite an undertaking and they were extremely supportive of all of our needs.
Sadly in the end, we had to cancel the trip due to COVID-19. I had worked on the trip for nearly 2 years. It is so heartbreaking to have had to cancel. Now, I do not know if I will ever make it to Bhutan. I sure hope I do. We had already paid in full for our Bhutan trip . Bhutan Travel Guru provided a full refund of all monies paid with no issue whatsoever.
I contacted 3 of the travel agencies in Bhutan with top ratings on Tripadvisor. Bhutan Travel Guru was the first to respond and the most thorough to respond, so I chose them. I'm very glad I did. If I am able to travel to Bhutan in the future, I will definitely travel with Bhutan Travel Guru. I just hope they are still around and able to survive the global travel shut down. Such a sad time.Written 23 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A group of us (16 friends) went to Bhutan with Swallowtail for nearly 2 weeks with very specific requests - ranging from a private driver and guide for every 2 passengers, to a private festival in Central Bhutan, and a private festival in Merak. Tashi and the team went above and beyond what was expected to deliver excellent service throughout, even when our requests were not usual.
Everything was top notch, from the guides, to the accommodation, to the flexibility of the team. Would definitely recommend Swallowtail to anyone interested in visiting Bhutan.Written 2 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My tour was perfectly organized. Clear and easy communication before the tour. Excellent tour guide. Nothing to complain about. Perfect from beginning to end.Written 13 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My experience from September 20 to October 3rd 2018
Bhutan is a magical place and Raven Tours made it so special for us. From the moment we arrived our wonderful guide Pema received us at the airport with a big smile a great adventure started. He was always optimistic and sharing all his love and care for nature, the stories from his country and people. Details like singing happily with passion for us, bringing hot water in the cold mornings during our 6 day hike around Dagala Trek and showing us the breathtaking views from the peaks of the mountains I will never forget. It was wonderful to be able to visit one of the schools and hear the children sing, learn about their culture and ways to support them with respect. Until the last day Pema was so caring for our group. He made sure I could find a nice wooden carved Buddha to take with me to remember their spiritual teachings and the best spicy chili paste. Our exceptional skilled drivers took us around the most difficult roads along the cliff sides with safety and always offering us the best views. The team with the horses taking care of us during our 6 day hike were impressive, when we arrived to each campsite everything was always ready: the tents, food and hot beverage to drink. The boys carrying and serving tea, snack and lunch during our breaks of more than 7 hours daily hikes were always very helpful and smiling. Every part of the itinerary: the festivals and dressing as locals, the temples on the mountains, the fortress and monasteries, chortens, hikes, wildlife like yaks, takin and cranes, the hotels, paper factory and the stone bath were unique experiences. I can't pick a favorite one because the whole experience was unforgettable. The respect for nature and each other, and the country's effort to stay as green as possible and preserve their culture is admirable. Deepak was great before the trip answering to all my questions, and made sure we had a wonderful time during our trip. Thank you from my heart. I hope someday I can go and visit Bhutan again and see the eastern side. Stay safe, healthy and happy. Carolina Larrea Angermeyer from the Galapagos IslandsWritten 20 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Looked after brilliantly from the moment I landed in Paro. Itinerary was tailor made but I changed it several times when there was something other of interest to see/do. Hotels were varied and interesting, guide Chimi spoke excellent English, had a wide knowledge and would find out anything he couldn't answer immediately. He even lent me his wife s clothes to attend the festival! Driver Wangay was safe and careful in all situations. This is my third visit and looking forward to the fourth.Written 18 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We are 9 member group from Switzerland booked two weeks holiday to Bhutan with Book Bhutan Tour for April 2020. Of course, as things turned out the trip got canceled due to the COVID-19 and we reschedule the trip for November 2020 but still the same situation and we asked for a full refund, it was amazing within one week we received our money back without not deducting any amounts.
We really appreciated Book Bhutan Tour trustworthiness and honesty, once everything is back to normal we will definitely want to come to visit.
Thank you for your efforts, we look forward to continuing working with you in the future.
Thank you Ram!Written 22 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a very nice global visit of Bhutan with Bokar Tours, exploring the wonderful East and the WestWe were accompanied by a good guide (Wangchuk) and a perfect driver (Denling). We started with them to explore the very "nice" roads in the East, we were very happy with the good driver. the Dzongs were perfect, we enjoyed it very much; also the West, with the tiger nest as a top was very nice. We slept 3 nights in a B&B, which was wonderful for us. The food was, although always rice included, wonderful; with a lot of local dishes included. The nice thing was also the very peaceful rest in Bhutan. Bokar tours is for sure a very good alternative for this tours...Written 11 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Bhutan is a wonderful place..An amazing Country in Asia and the smallest state located with in the Himalaya mountain range..It is the right time to visit Bhutan to explore and see the scenic pride beauty of it...Written 14 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.