- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- It would be nice and it is an ideal that Bhutan can connect with more than two neighbours. Rent or lease the part of the land from india in order to be able to connect the chinese bullet train system at Nepal from the west side. By south side allow Bhutan connect with Bangladesh to have a river joined harbour for import and exporting. What Bhutan have in hand for bargain are the fresh water supplying line to India...... be wise as I mentioned from long time. Good luck.Written 10 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was the place where Zhabdrung first arrive and settled after he came from Tibet in 1616 when he was 20 years old.
He built the temple there and named it as dzong but later 1629 after he built a much bigger dzong/fort then he removed the name dzong and named it as a Lhakhang only meaning a temple.
There is a stupa inside the first floor of the temple which holds the sacred relics of Zhabdrung's father Yab Tenpai Nima.Written 22 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a wonderful experience traveling to Bhutan in 2018. The country has beauty, tranquility, and people at peace.
The driver and tour guide made all the difference in our experience and we loved being treated well and educated by the best.
We recommend everyone experience all that Bhutan has to offer.Written 6 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Bhutan Travel Guru was absolutely wonderful to work with. I spent many months working with them to plan a trip for April 2020 for me and 4 of my friends. I am in a wheelchair and 2 of my friends are very active and just hiked Mount Kilimanjaro, so our trip needed to accommodate both ends of the physical activity and capability spectrum. Bhutan Travel Guru worked with me extensively to create an itinerary that worked well for all 5 of us. It was quite an undertaking and they were extremely supportive of all of our needs.
Sadly in the end, we had to cancel the trip due to COVID-19. I had worked on the trip for nearly 2 years. It is so heartbreaking to have had to cancel. Now, I do not know if I will ever make it to Bhutan. I sure hope I do. We had already paid in full for our Bhutan trip . Bhutan Travel Guru provided a full refund of all monies paid with no issue whatsoever.
I contacted 3 of the travel agencies in Bhutan with top ratings on Tripadvisor. Bhutan Travel Guru was the first to respond and the most thorough to respond, so I chose them. I'm very glad I did. If I am able to travel to Bhutan in the future, I will definitely travel with Bhutan Travel Guru. I just hope they are still around and able to survive the global travel shut down. Such a sad time.Written 23 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A group of us (16 friends) went to Bhutan with Swallowtail for nearly 2 weeks with very specific requests - ranging from a private driver and guide for every 2 passengers, to a private festival in Central Bhutan, and a private festival in Merak. Tashi and the team went above and beyond what was expected to deliver excellent service throughout, even when our requests were not usual.
Everything was top notch, from the guides, to the accommodation, to the flexibility of the team. Would definitely recommend Swallowtail to anyone interested in visiting Bhutan.Written 2 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My experience from September 20 to October 3rd 2018
Bhutan is a magical place and Raven Tours made it so special for us. From the moment we arrived our wonderful guide Pema received us at the airport with a big smile a great adventure started. He was always optimistic and sharing all his love and care for nature, the stories from his country and people. Details like singing happily with passion for us, bringing hot water in the cold mornings during our 6 day hike around Dagala Trek and showing us the breathtaking views from the peaks of the mountains I will never forget. It was wonderful to be able to visit one of the schools and hear the children sing, learn about their culture and ways to support them with respect. Until the last day Pema was so caring for our group. He made sure I could find a nice wooden carved Buddha to take with me to remember their spiritual teachings and the best spicy chili paste. Our exceptional skilled drivers took us around the most difficult roads along the cliff sides with safety and always offering us the best views. The team with the horses taking care of us during our 6 day hike were impressive, when we arrived to each campsite everything was always ready: the tents, food and hot beverage to drink. The boys carrying and serving tea, snack and lunch during our breaks of more than 7 hours daily hikes were always very helpful and smiling. Every part of the itinerary: the festivals and dressing as locals, the temples on the mountains, the fortress and monasteries, chortens, hikes, wildlife like yaks, takin and cranes, the hotels, paper factory and the stone bath were unique experiences. I can't pick a favorite one because the whole experience was unforgettable. The respect for nature and each other, and the country's effort to stay as green as possible and preserve their culture is admirable. Deepak was great before the trip answering to all my questions, and made sure we had a wonderful time during our trip. Thank you from my heart. I hope someday I can go and visit Bhutan again and see the eastern side. Stay safe, healthy and happy. Carolina Larrea Angermeyer from the Galapagos IslandsWritten 20 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- bhutan best travel agent, always high quality, safe and good service. I would recommend it to everyone. we will come again..Written 13 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Looked after brilliantly from the moment I landed in Paro. Itinerary was tailor made but I changed it several times when there was something other of interest to see/do. Hotels were varied and interesting, guide Chimi spoke excellent English, had a wide knowledge and would find out anything he couldn't answer immediately. He even lent me his wife s clothes to attend the festival! Driver Wangay was safe and careful in all situations. This is my third visit and looking forward to the fourth.Written 18 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was an wonderful experience..as amateur biker I have been always dreaming of traveling on a motorcycle and Bhutan tusk motorcycle made me dream come true..
Learned a lot of riding skills and moreover I learned how to coordinate with other riders to make our ride successful.Written 6 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My wife and I visited Bhutan for 4D3N and we are really grateful for the professional services provided by our amazing guide (and now our friend), Nima and his colleague. In such relatively short time, he arranged for us to visit and explore interesting locations and sites in Thimpu and Paro. To our surprise, Nima also shown us incredible flexibility by accommodated our wish to do some hiking activities and kind enough to rearranged our schedule so we can still enjoy some other locations in our last day. He is extremely friendly, amusing, helpful and a great photographer. He provided us with beautiful pictures of our trip. Nima is also very knowledgeable as he was able to shared with us every details of history related to the sites we visited and answered all of our questions. We will definitely recommend Nima to any of our friends who plan to visit Bhutan. All in all, Nima really made us understand why Bhutan is the happiest country. Hope we can take him out to enjoy Indonesian cuisine when he visit Jakarta soon. Thank you again Brother!Written 3 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Trekking through Thimphu, Punakha and Wangdue is a great way to see parts of Bhutan. It is a rough and tough trek but sensational all the same. We trekked in December and it is a great time of the year as it is quite and peaceful. Camping outdoor was pleasant in spite of the cold.
The guides were great and the crew were excellent. Couldn’t ask for more.....we did not follow where the path may lead but the guides brought us to where there is no path and we left a trail! Just excellent trekking!Written 21 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Bhutan is a wonderful place..An amazing Country in Asia and the smallest state located with in the Himalaya mountain range..It is the right time to visit Bhutan to explore and see the scenic pride beauty of it...Written 14 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.