- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- The exhibits were interesting but some rooms or walkways were not accessible due to maintenance needing to be done. We found the outdoor dinosaurs fun and some of the indoor exhibits very interesting though. Worth the visit, just wish it was in better shape.Written 30 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was interesting to see the old cannons and walk around inside but it would have been better if there were a guided tour on giving some more facts and history. The exhibits inside were also good.Written 30 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum has so much to see and all the information is set out in Portuguese and English - so we could read about the history and all the exhibits. We all enjoyed it immensely - young and older. A great outing for the whole family!Written 30 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of my highlights ever in Maputo. There plenty of reason fr coming and enjoying: fine art gallery promoting African contemporary art and young local artists as well, wonderful events location with gorgeous garden, jazz live music, bar and restaurant. Can't miss it!Written 12 January 2021
- Really enjoyed this small exhibition of local artists. Wood carvings and paintings. The 20 metical entrance fee was cheap.Written 27 August 2018
- There is no reason to go to Maputo to see this museum, but if you are in the area it is worth to spend 45 minutes in this Museum. Besides the old coins and banknotes from Mozambique and the world, it is interesting to see one of the oldest buildings from Maputo from the inside.Written 23 November 2021
- Just next to Maputo port, the musuem get attention from those who walk by to look at the architecture design of the building itself. Display of fishing gears and boats from the past let you know the way of living of artisanal fishermen in Mozambique. Those who are of intetested in fishery aspect should not missed.Written 16 August 2017
- At busy "Avenida 25 de Setembro", at the heart of Maputo's Baixa, you will notice the Brazilian flag at the top of a yellow building! This is "CCBM - Centro Cultural Brasil-Moçambique", inaugurated in 1989 and an active cultural center. It has an auditorium ("Auditório Vinícius de Moraes"), a library ("Biblioteca João Guimarães Rosa"), two art galleries ("Cândido Portinari" and "Djanira"), Portuguese classes for foreigners and a small café. In its efforts to strengthen the cultural ties between both countries, "CCBM" promotes film sessions, theater plays and art exhibitions. From its terrace, on the second floor, a nice view of Maputo's Baixa. Check its agenda and organize your visit. Enjoy!Written 26 September 2018
- CCFM is a great place to go see live music. They often have live shows on weekday evenings as well as weekends; atmosphere is often very good and events are well attended. The CCFM also houses a French library where you can find a decent selection of French books for children and there are often art exhibits on display in the lobbies.Written 18 February 2019
- It is a place where 4 design artists work and display their work (furniture, clothing, paintings, sculptures). It has a small but nice restaurant, in the backWritten 24 September 2019
- There are a few interesting explanations but most of what you see are hundreds of different stones. I would only recommend this museum, if you are interested in stones ( I am not) or have nothing else to do.Written 31 March 2020
- Really not much to review. Unless you are into these types of things, because this was included in the tour, we had to see it. if it wasn't I would not bother.Written 4 January 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Maputo
- These are the best places for kid-friendly museums in Maputo:See more museums for children in Maputo on Tripadvisor