Public Transportation Systems
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 43
What travellers are saying
- Our base of operation (Maui Marriott Ocean Club) was ideal and, walking the short distance to Whalers Village allowed us to explore (via Maui Bus) options in both the Napili direction and the Lahaina direction.
Busses are well marked and do come pretty much on time. The $1 senior fare is not well advertised and make sure you tell the driver you are taking advantage of the senior fare upon putting your money in the machine. I think they keep a tally of the senior fares.
We took advantage of the bus to spend time in Lahaina, going to the harbor and the surfing beach, and just exploring, and also went in the other direction to go to Napili/Kapalua beaches. Sure beats struggling for a parking space when taking the bus.
No complaints. Well, maybe some of the bus drivers were grumpy but it's not like any of us was really looking for a new best friend here.
The bus is very popular and carries a heavy load of passengers. It also stops in Cannery Mall for Safeway shopping and has a popular stop in Whalers Village out front.Written 3 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent service for a night out! We went to a luau at Feast at Lele, which was excellent also! Great way to get from your condo to downtown and backWritten 11 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We walked from our hotel to shopping, and were too lazy to walk back. It was great to catch the free trolley back to our hotel!Written 28 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you’re considering driving or hiring a driver for ROAD TO HANA. First, don’t drive it! Not worth it, just trust me! Hire this company for a tour or in general!
The owner, Joe, is a genuinely nice guy and booked me with a driver, Kevin in an Escalade ESV (big one). Let me just say, ask for Kevin! He is also an Amazing guy. He is genuine, very informative of the whole island!!!, and was a true pleasure to spend 12 hours with!
We originally asked for a full Road to Hana tour, not realizing you’ll basically sit in a car for 4-6 hours and then spend at least 4 hours to drive back. So, we followed Kevin’s suggestion to do the first 10-12 miles of the total 40 miles, seeing many parts of nature to get our Hana fix before heading to local towns, beaches, and enjoy other incredible views from a top of a volcano. We even had lunch at a very local small restaurant that had a big menu with incredible food! And again, everyone was very nice and welcoming.
Finally, I did shop around a little, and they do have competitive pricing! They are fair. Highly recommended for any of your driving needs! Don’t forget to ask for Kevin!
Pictures don’t service justice of the beauty, but this is a little taste of our day.Written 3 January 2023
- We have visited Maui since the 80's and this was our first trip without renting a car. We will never be renting a car again! We booked Richard for the airport round trip and we would highly recommend his services. Getting picked up just outside the terminal and brought right to the front door of our hotel was the way to go! Richard is prompt, professional and super friendly. He is a wealth of knowledge on many things and an all-around nice person! We can't wait for our next visit and to use his services again!
ALOHA!!Written 16 May 2022
- Wah a great way to see the sights along the way! The driver was really pleasant, and punctual! Do yourself a favor while on Maui, call these folks and get a ride....WONDERFUL people! And very helpful to us tourists !!!!!!!Written 15 February 2020
- My husband and I have been to Maui 3 times now and I’m kicking myself we didn’t do this tour on our first trip! It was such a fun and special way to see the island. Brian was professional but fun and really knowledgeable. It’s been my favorite activity we have done over the years and cannot wait to go back next year and go on a pub crawl! I would 100% recommend taking one of their tours, you won’t be disappointed!Written 24 May 2019
- Didn't realise until we arrived that we needed a car to get around and went into the rental car place but they were lots of queues at the lines and some were sold out.
We went to Hertz who were the only ones who had any cars left. Very pleasant young lady and very helpful. But as we hadn't booked in advance it was quite expensive. So would suggest booking in advance definitely!!!Written 16 November 2019
- We had an awesome time. Our tour guide Lei was the best. She was so nice and very pleasant. She provided so much great information about Maui.Written 17 January 2023
- Using Maui Seasons for private airport transportation was amazing. They arrived early, communicated throughout the process and we so friendly and welcoming to the island. We had Honesty pick us up and she is the most amazing person, truly a gem and we were lucky to meet her! We will only use Maui Season when we come to Maui going forward. A+++ Experience!Written 18 December 2022
- Please read the reviews where the company received 1 star; both reviewers were not talking about this specific company "Go Rent A Car Maui" but referring to some local car rental companies. I checked these reviews carefully and realized it so I went ahead and booked a car from Go Rent A Car Maui. I sent several emails inquiring about the car and Maui in general and always received very prompt and professional responses promptly. They sent us detailed instructions on where and how to get our rental car prior to our landing in Maui. It was straight-forward and easy. We did not have to stand in line talking to some agent before getting our car. We ordered a cooler ($10) to go with our car and it turned out to be of great help, especially when we drove to Hana or just went to a local beach for the day. Car returning process was just as easy and straight-forward. The price we paid was much cheaper than if we were to rent a car from the well known companies (I booked car that is the second highest price this company offers). I highly recommend Go Rent A Car Maui and will surely use it again if I am going to Maui again.Written 23 December 2022
- So impressed with the service from Luxury Shuttle Service of Maui. Antonio (the owner and driver) is professional while at the same time friendly and amenable to specific requests. He knows Maui’s tourist sites as well as the back roads and local hot spots. Antonio delivers a five star ride at an affordable price. I will only use his services from now on.Written 9 January 2022
- How fortunate we were to get Lila as our Uber driver on labor day! She drives all over the island and will accommodate your transportation needs. Her car was clean, new and she is an excellent driver. I strongly recommend her. If you are flying in to airport take a taxi to the Marriott Courtyard.....a short trip and call for her from there. Lila is the best!!!Written 3 September 2018
- Jules and Jim are so kind and easy to work with! Communication was excellent, the vehicle was very nice, and we both commented it was the most pleasant ride we have ever had getting from the airport to the resort. The ability to make a quick stop for groceries was great. I’ve been coming to the island for 30 years and Jim still had great suggestions for places I’ve never been. Already planning to use their service again.Written 5 December 2022
- Nick was awesome. Despite the rain he took us out and we had a wonderful time. Private tour Road to Hana, halfway. Affordable!Written 8 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Maui
- These experiences are best for transportation in Maui:
- Luxury Limousine Private Transfer around the Island of Maui
- Private Arrival Transfer from Maui Kahului Airport OGG
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Maui Airport to Hotel
- Orchid Airport Lei Greeting (Maui, Kahului Airport, OGG)
- Aloha Lei Greeting on Arrival in Maui
- These are the best places for kid-friendly transportation in Maui:See more transportation for children in Maui on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly transportation in Maui:See more budget-friendly transportation in Maui on Tripadvisor