Top Attractions in Launceston
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- i enjoyed this walk. the paths were all safe and well maintained. The scenery was on spot. The cafe near the bridge was appreciated. Be a bit wary of the peacocksWritten 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great to see the heart of the James Boag operation and hear of the history of the business. The facilities are fabulous as are the latest equipment, and some heritage items. The James Boag team are doing their best to run a sustainable business and are environmentally responsible, so definitely worth a look - especially enjoyed the product sampling afterwards!!Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This chairlift was indeed scenic as it took you over the river. It was not crowded and seemed to travel at a suitable speed.Written 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We drove on the eastern section of the Tamar Valley circuit in the morning and witnessed amazing views of the river, hills and historic towns. Western section on the way home but time was short by then. Plenty of wineries to choose from and the wine and cheese platters were great value. We got as far as Greens Beach which had sensational vistas across the bay and surf beach in the national park. Plan your trip as there is much to see and do and the day flies past....a spectacular drive through beautiful country settings and villages.Written 20 June 2022
- We come to the city park every time we are Launceston. Beautiful park with a playground and wonderful shady spots for a picnic. Some days the train will drive around and provide a little tour of the park.
Mother ducks with tiny ducklings in the water lagoon. So many beautiful flowers and of course the Monkeys, always the star attraction! I would always give this park 10/10!Written 10 August 2022
- I always enjoy a wander through the musueum, especially the First Nations area - great to read positive histories of palawa people. I also enjoyed seeing the Julia Gough piece upstairs.
It is free and they have lockers.
I took off a star compared to last visit as several galleries were inaccessible.Written 26 June 2022
- this was a great spot for a walk, bit of bird spotting, along a flat boardwalk. We certainly enjoyed our timeWritten 11 August 2022
- Recommended to go and it did not disappoint!
Fresh and fun even though it was raining the stall holders were all happy and full of great vibes.
Loved the live entertainment
Loved the selection
Love the spread out safe shopping.Written 31 July 2022
- What a lovely wine tasting experience! We hadn’t planned to go here on this day but our plans changed so we tried to book online but couldn’t as you need to book online 24 hours in advance. We phoned them and they were happy for us to go. Staff were friendly and so knowledgeable about their wines. We already knew we loved their whites but was great to try them all. Next time we will book for lunch as the aromas coming from the kitchen were amazing!Written 7 August 2022
- We went, we saw, we conquered, we did not bounce on it, promise, what a grand place the Gorge is, it's a bonfire kiss playgroundWritten 23 April 2022
- Beautiful waterfalls and a lovely easy walk to get to them. I would return to see them if back in the area. The whole environment was so peaceful. Pack a picnic and enjoy a bit of time here, it is worth a look.Written 25 April 2022
- The house is very well maintained and the gardens are beautiful. The house is filled with lots of historic treasures. It is a self guided tours, but there is lots of information around the house to explain about the house and its contents. You are greeted by a volunteer who gives you a brief history of the house and its previous occupants. Worth a visit.Written 8 May 2022
- The people working in this Centre were of great assistance with suggestions of activities and booking of day trips.Written 9 August 2022
- Penny Royal is an old-world type theme park. Don't come here if you are expecting Gold Coast type thrill rides and chaos. Set in an inspiring setting it is themed around convicts and bushrangers. Our family of 6 got a Park Pass which included 5 activities - the more sedate activities and took around 4 hours to complete them all. There are different packages available depending on your adrenalin levels. Looks magical at night. Kids loved the activities especially the Cliff Walk.Written 29 January 2022
- Definitely a must see when visiting Launceston. Only a stones throw away from the city centre. A cheap few hours as the Gorge is free to access and walk all the trails. Lovely scenery and the chair lift is a bonus however is $20 return for adults but is an enjoyable ride.Written 1 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Launceston
- The best day trips from Launceston according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Cradle Mountain Day Tour from Launceston Including Lunch
- Full Day Tamar Valley Wine Tour
- Tamar Valley Food and Wine Boutique Tours
- Cradle Mountain National Park Day Tour from Launceston
- Half Day Tamar Valley Wine Tour