Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Port Douglas
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Loves the location and beautiful balcony view. Also the staff were super friendly
I liked the layout of the room and fabulous sea view from the balcony. Easy hotel to get around. Great as a base for the area.Written 10 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a spectacular place to visit. Great value. Breakfast with the birds was fabulous and so was lunch with the lorikeets. We also did the swim with the salt water crocs. It was just wonderful. Recommend you look them up and plan to spend a great few days there.Written 10 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An absolute must for everyone. We had a fantastic day on the reef. Helicopter flight, helmet dive and snorkeling.Written 10 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited opal reef on Calypso for a 3 dive day tripo. I had prepared myself for the reef to be in only average condition, but it was actually in stunningly good condition. I have been diving the reef for around 40 years, and it may just about be the best I have seen it.....very impressiveWritten 18 August 2022
- St Mary's by the Sea was a Roman Catholic church built in 1914 but in 1981 it was in poor condition and was given to the community. The community restored and it was located next to the bay it is now a heritage-listed non-denominational church at Wharf Street, It is on the Queensland Heritage RegisterWritten 22 January 2023
- My wife was looking forward to the markets but due to the late start from Cairns many of the stall holders were already packing up when we arrived. Those stalls that still remained showcased a range of locally made arts and crafts, jewellery, leatherwork, timber carvings, varieties of local produce and assorted snacks and refreshments. Only had about 20 minutes but enough to whet the appetite for another visit.Written 30 December 2022
- Short walk to Flagstaff Hill Lookout from Main Street of Port Douglas. Rewarded with beautiful views of the ocean.Written 31 October 2022
- An easy walk around the headland and a great way to see more of the water.
Many steps but nothing too strenuos 99% of people could cope with this trackWritten 5 January 2023
- The artwork on show is amazing. Check it out. Some amazing pieces from the NT. Celebrate the artists.Written 24 April 2022
- Exceptional service and tasting selection in a beautiful part of the world
The explanation of the tasting process added to the experience
Will recommend to our family and friends on there next visit
Good job Devils Thumb 👍Written 3 December 2022
- A must do in Port Douglas to watch the sunset. It’s a beautiful location with palm trees fringing the water and mountains in the background. It’s great for kids too with plenty of space to run around and a playground.Written 27 November 2022
- there's a lovely walk with lots of steps from 4 Mile beach, view is stunning we drove up , heard the locals tell usWritten 24 January 2023
- Herold was excellent! I play a lot of tennis in Melbourne, (both social comp and cardio) I booked some lessons while up here mainly for the exercise. Herold was great! I had a lot of fun. He pointed some things out to me about the way I was hitting the ball. And the difference was amazing.
I can see why other reviewers say he would teach kids well too. He is friendly and really knows his tennis. The courts were great.
I highly recommend him for a lesson or a cardio type hit. I will definitely book again when we are here next year. And I will book my kids in for lessons too!Written 28 September 2017
- Entering the courthouse you get quite a start to see a real courtroom with life sized figures representing the people who were part of the trial that took place. You sit in the original jury seats and watch a video of the trial and at the end consider your verdict. There are also interesting photos and information about the Chinese gold miners in Port Douglas, the first marine biologists at Low Isles, and also information about the Battle of the Coral Sea.Written 27 November 2022
- This place offers visitors a chance to see some great examples of modern aboriginal art and is a kind of oasis on a street dominated by bars and beachware shopsWritten 26 September 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Port Douglas
- The best day trips from Port Douglas according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Silversonic Outer Great Barrier Reef Dive and Snorkel Cruise from Port Douglas
- Daintree Rainforest,Cape Tribulation,Mossman Gorge Small-Group from Port Douglas
- Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge, and Daintree Rainforest Premium Day Tour
- Quicksilver Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Cruise from Port Douglas
- Daintree Discovery Tours - Full Day Daintree Rainforest Tour
Port Douglas Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 6:22 AM|