- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Paid a quick visit to view the gallery and ended up buying a large painting by Dulcie Long Pula. Ric, the owner, was excellent and very helpful in arranging the shipment back to the UK at reasonable cost.
Great to see artists working in the back of the gallery and to hear about how they are fairly treated and remunerated.
Some of the other art and gifts on sale are also of interest.
Also there is a good coffee shop opposite if you need to think about your purchases!Written 16 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great choice of art. They are generally committed to the artists and their welfare. Highly recommend if you are wanting to purchase art at a reasonable price with advice from knowledgeable employees.Written 13 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have been searching for some Aboriginal art for quite a while and I found it here. There's a really good big selection of pieces at different price ranges (especially compared to others on the same strip. The staff were incredibly helpful, bringing pieces onto the floor and hanging them for me to compare and telling me about what the art represented. This Is Aboriginal Art is a member of the Aboriginal Art Association of Australia, which is an organisation promoting ethical and best industry practices and I confirmed with them that the majority of the proceeds were going to the artists themselves.Written 25 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a way to spend a beautiful day in Alice Springs and to be treated to exceptional service; by Samantha and Mandy; at the JILA
Indigenous Art store in Alice Springs.
Both staff displayed a sincere dedication to looking after me and were immensely helpful throughout the whole Art selection process.
I would highly recommend a visit to this simply sensational store, to anyone looking to purchase a genuine and authentic piece of Indigenous Australian Art work that will be spectacular in any home.
The extremely professional, honest and knowledgeable staff members; are always friendly and willing to help you. A simply, memorable experience and exquisite art works at JILA Alice Springs.Written 6 December 2022
- This was part of an AAT Kings Tour of Alice Springs highlights. Great tour of the site including the classrooms and some of the museum exhibits. It gave us a great insight into remote education and the lengths they go to for all students.Written 30 January 2023
- Situated in the Main Street/mall, this place has reasonable priced genuine aboriginal art and surprisingly jewellery which was a nice change.Written 10 July 2020
- The staff at Tangentyere Artists took their time to explain the artworks and gave information about the artists who’d created them. A really interesting range of paintings and soft sculptures. Also cheaper things like kids’ t-shirts, tea towels and cushion covers. Really good souvenirs.
This art centre is owned by the local Aboriginal community so all profit goes back to the artists and community initiatives.Written 16 August 2019
- Visited the Todd St market during a recent stay in AS and was surprised by the variety of stalls and quality of local produce. Lots of food stalls - I had no idea Alice is such a multicultural community. Definitely worth a quick visit.Written 4 July 2021
- The range of works in Leaping Lizards is a definite stand out from all the galleries in Alice Springs.
The quality of work have both traditional and modern styles, and full of vibrancy and energy.
Conversation is easy and laid back.Written 1 December 2019
- Visited the Weavers with a group of friends. The fabric conscious people were most impressed. The vivid colours were most attractive.Written 11 June 2019
- I love bookshops and will search them out in any town I've visited. This has to have the best collection of Australian books - fiction and non-fiction - that I've seen. And, given it's location, it also has a great collection of books about the Northern Territory.Written 13 November 2022