- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
44 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 44
What travellers are saying
- Loved the place, they just completed renovation and offer three-level historical interior as an interactive guided tour, a few rooms furnished in 19th century style ( as of the last house owner merchant Sapozhnikov), another floor decorated in 17th century old-Russian way (as of the first house owner Ershov) and a cellar with husehold things and a hit at its former fortifications and underground passage to the river Klyazma, excellent concept of a fortified rich man`s house of that time, staff is friendly , they also have a small olden-time furnished tavern that offers tea and other traditional drinks ... I guess in the newest guidebooks they call this House of Ershov & Sapozhnikov, as they rearranged the town`s historical museum into several new formats now, and this heritage house is surely worth visiting (they only have around 20 buildings like this in Russia)Written 19 February 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Glad someone brought us here because it is not very easy to find from the road.
Walk down to the edge of the view point.... don't settle for the first one.
Must stop here.
The view is simply breathtaking and helps you understand the magnitude of the size of Russia.Written 30 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You would not know the best spot to capture all of Gorokhovets ancient land unless they locals show you: this monastery on top of the hill is the place,park your car and get inside, take a small gate beside a wooden hut and walk to on the edge of the mountain, here you go for the best panoramic view in town, almost the way it was for about 200 centuries, even longer than that: the Klyazma river, the monasteries and churches on the other side and a good part of residential Gorokhovets with its heritage buildings. It`s surely worth a drive!Written 19 February 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This building stands right on Moscow to Nizhny Novgorod road, an interesting facade, but alas, they already started painting it horrible green, so it may lose it noble pale silver- green historical aspect, felt real sorry for the old house. we also dropped in - there is nothing to show, we were told they make some kind of performance for kidsWritten 19 February 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Gorokhovets
- The most popular things to do in Gorokhovets with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Gorokhovets History and Architecture Museum
- Bald Mountain
- Marfa Posadnitsa Museum
- St. Nichola's Holy Trinity Monastery
- The House of the Ship Owner Mikhail Shorin