Tours near Sakleshpur
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
What travellers are saying
- Amazing view of the peaks and hustling sound of the river beneath.
Not much to walk from the entrance. They charge rs 20 per person for entryWritten 3 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Manjarabad fort is a star fort built in 1792 by Tipu Sultan following French star-shaped fort designs made popular by Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban that deflect cannon fire and allow guns to cover all approaches without dead positions.
The completed fort was inspected by Tipu Sultan who then found it enveloped in fog and hence named it as Manjarabad fort; the name Manjara is a version of 'manju' meaning "fog or mist" in kannada. The fort was built in only one day (24 hrs) by his soldiers.Written 11 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a small temple dedicated to Lord. It is surrounded by greenery and one of the top places (my recommendation) to visit in Sakleshpur. It is located around 37km from Sakleshpur and is situated near Mekanagadde in Sakleshpur.
Betta Byraveshwara Temple is located atop Pandavar Gudda Hill. I read/heard from locals this is 600+ years old ancient temple. The temple offers a beautiful panoramic view of the landscape.
The most popular stories associated with this place has it links with Mahabharata. According to the mythology, the Pandavas in Mahabharata stayed here for a short while during their exile. Also known as Bettada Bhairaveshwara Prasanna Temple, this is an excellent tourist spot for those who like the calm and beauty of nature. One can see some big grinding stones at the temple.
There is a nice motorable road. The last stretch approx 100 mts leading to the temple is steep. One can also climb up to the temple through steps that have been built.
Best Time to visit: One can visit the temple anything of the year (just avoid the summers). However, tourists consider the months from October to March as best time to visit Sakleshpur as well as the best time for visiting Betta Byraveshwaya Temple.
Timings: The temple can be visited between 6:00 am to 5:00 pm every day.
Distance from Bus Stand: The distance between the two places is approximately 37 kilometres.
Location: Bettada Byraveshwara temple, XJJ5+JH6, Unnamed Road, Mekanagadde, Karnataka 577132
HUMBLE REQUEST, DO NOT THROW THE PLASTIC, BOTTLES AND OTHER GARBAGE. TRY TO KEEP THE NATURE CLEAR AND CLEAN... JUST ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF THE NATURE...Written 13 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice and peaceful place. The scenery around the temple is awesone, with fresh air and lot of trees..Written 23 September 2019
- hi everyone travelled on 16 december 2020 from bangalore to mangalore, upto hassan we get toll roads and road is super, from hassan to sakleshpur in one lane higways with patched roads so apx speed 60 km and once enter shiradi ghat most of the roads are concrete after ghat roads are ok but no pot holes but bumbpy roads need 7 hr minimum to travel with a stop over for 20- mintues. The last stretch to mangalore is 4 lane which will give life to you for finishing your journey. the highways have lot of traffice especially from hassan to sakleshpur and nearing mangalore.Written 21 December 2020
- This waterfall is around 21 km from Shakaleshpura bus stand.We will get less buses to reach this place.There are quite lot of to reach Hanbal and we need to take an auto to reach this waterfall.There is a stop near to the falls entrance and we need to get down the steps to reach the fall.This is a beautiful three step waterfall and we can get into water at all three places but should be cautious as the rocks are very slippery.You should take care of your mobile phones and other belongings as waterflow is more and they can flow away along with water.We can spend more than one hour at this place.We can enjoy the beautiful greenary of coffee,pepper,cadmom plantations on both sides of the roadWritten 6 December 2022
- Everything about this place is wonderful. The hospitality is so top notch. From the time I reached sakleshpur , I had someone co ordinate with me every 1 hour so my experience to even reach the place is smooth.
After reaching there, the staff was so courteous and had such a welcoming and homely nature that one couldn’t help but feel at ease.
They made sure every guest had a customised food portion depending on the treatment they were getting. The food had the right balance of nutrition and had impeccable taste
The treatments provided were relaxing and worth it
It was supposed to be just a weekend trip but I am definitely coming back for a longer stay
Would recommend this to any person who would like to get away from their daily hustle to bring balance to their daily routine and who would want to heal and improve their health.Written 26 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Sakleshpur
- The most popular things to do in Sakleshpur with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Sakleshpur on Tripadvisor
Sakleshpur Attractions Information
|Monday, 7:06 pm|