- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
14 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Cute small crescent beach with clean sand and clean, non sea-weedy water, small fun waves. Our taxi driver recommended this as his fav local beach and we enjoyed it a lot. No chairs to rent or anything so bring all your own stuff. There are a few little restaurants across the street from beach entrance. Quiet and serene, until some bikers pulled up to beach wall and parked, blaring their “music.”Written 8 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a great experience to have while in PR and I'm so glad we were able to squeeze it into the itinerary. I was so happy to see and hear about the work they were doing at the distillery. Supporting local farmers by incorporating local ingredients, farming their own sugar cane to make their rum, reviving a historical practice in the process, recycling wooden whiskey barrels for their aged rum, and putting a twist on a cultural product (Ron Caña). You can really hear the owners passion for what he's doing. The cocktail they served at the start of the tour was really delicious (and I'm not one for alcohol). All around a great experience and worth the admission to help support what they're doing here. I'm looking forward to seeing Tres Clavos stateside, but in the meantime I'll make due with having my parents bring some back when they visit.
I recommend calling to schedule a tour as I called and emailed for a last minute tour and got a quick response after calling only. You will be outside for part of the tour and will be taking a short walk in the sugar cane fields, so be prepared for that.Written 26 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Located in the town of Vega Alta, steps from the center plaza, inside an unassuming spot, you’ll find the most fantastic collection of Lin Manuel Miranda’s story, which includes his many awards (Emmy, Grammy, Tony, Pulitzer), Hamilton and In The Heights exhibits, and gallery presentations, all related to the journey that led him to where he is today. Entrance is free, but reservations are advised. We were greeted by Thaïs, who was the most amazing and knowledgeable guide. It is impressive that Lin Manuel Miranda, who is such an immensely gifted and world known artist, had the humility and gratitude of heart to bestow his parent’s home town of Vega Alta and to all of Puerto Rico with this magnificent hidden gem!Written 5 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is a secret entrance after the condos on Calle Hogar El Paraiso. You'll walk for about ten minutes, it's a public Beach.Written 3 October 2020
- Excellent service, good atmosphere, the amazing facilities, and what I liked most is that doctors and work areas and have different treatments.
It is rather a medical aesthetics and that there are not many!Written 22 May 2015
- Very disappointing, after scheduling and confirming a snorkeling trip over the phone we drove 45 minutes to Cerro Gordo to find that no one was there for our trip. I am not sure if this is a real business. We were not able to do the snorkeling and had to go back home.Written 21 July 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Vega Alta
- The best outdoor activities in Vega Alta according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Vega Alta on Tripadvisor