Top Attractions in Puako
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- No wonder Roosevelt wanted to build a hotel on the spot; this is a breathtaking beach even by Hawaii standards which are unusually high. It is simply beautiful.Written 17 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely! This place is so amazing - from the rocky beach that reminds you how different the Island of Hawaii is from other islands in the Hawaiian chain - to the caves and areas of wildlife. Go and enjoy. Portable bathrooms are available.Written 23 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The trip was amazing Matt, and his crew did a great job in giving us the experience of a lifetime. The boat was small and intimate there were 5 of us on board and he limits to 6 people, so we got to know everyone on board.
They provided a great lesson and information about Manta Rays and wet suits, so we were not cold while we floated in the water and watched them feed just below us.
It is very safe and anyone who might have concerns about being in the ocean in the evening has nothing to worry about.Written 12 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This group of young men were kind, attentive, and very well organized. We were very impressed and had a really great time. We saw turtles and an octopus! This is the tour operator to pick!!Written 17 May 2022
- Kevin was amazing, patient, and overall a great guide. Will definitely repeat when we return to konaWritten 18 October 2022
- A beautiful area to view the land from the sea along the Kohala Coast.
The staff was friendly and very concerned about our safety boarding and disembarking from the boat.
The Winona is a beautiful boat, clean and in good condition.
I highly recommend the Sunset Cruise.Written 16 November 2022
- Snorkelling and Dolphin tour with a small organised group was brilliant. We were taken to a very good snorkelling area where we saw turtles at their ‘cleaning station’ and a vast array of tropical fish. the dolphins were leaping out of the sea spinning providing a great sight.
The crew were very helpful and offered good advice and refreshments after the snorkelling and during the rest of the trip whilst looking out for dolphins.
Would certainly recommend this tour company.Written 1 November 2022
- If you like to paddle, this is the way to go. Lat 20 delivered a Kayak and SUP to our rental and the weekly rental option allowed us to paddle when every we wanted - perfect for sunset paddling. If you plan to paddle a few times, it is cheaper than the hourly rental places. Our equipment was great and the drop off and entire process was easy and accommodating.Written 1 August 2022
- We bought a cute stuffed souvenir, prices were reasonable and service was great. We didn't spend too much time browsing since the item in the window caught our eye.Written 22 July 2018
- Great prices and service
We rented a standup paddle board for the day. They met us in Mauna Lani to drop off the board and we met them the next day to return it at the harbor. Friendly service and really nice people to deal with.Written 16 February 2016
- Fun layout with fantastic views of the ocean from many holes. Unfortunately for us just done plugging greens and fairways, but we still really enjoyed the round.Written 8 May 2019
- We were blessed to finally attend a Sunday 10am Mass here at the Catholic Mission. There is plenty of parking, unique stadium type seating, and yes is even air conditioned.
The priest gave a good homily and the choir provided wonderful songs.
We hope to attend on future visits.
Very easy to Keep The Faith while at the Kohala coast resorts.
Peace.Written 27 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Puako
- The best day trips from Puako according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Small-Group Big Island Tour: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Kona Coffee Farm
- Private Island Tour in Hawaii with Pickup Included
- Big Island BIG Volcano Adventure from Kona: Small Group
- Deluxe Big Island Mercedes Guided Tour to Anywhere
- Hawaii Big Island Customized Private Tour