Places to visit in Athirappilly
Top Things to Do in Athirappilly, Kerala
Places to Visit in Athirappilly
Book these experiences for a close-up look at Athirappilly.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful falls if the timing is right that is from monsoons upto jan-feb. We went in the first week of March and the water was divided into two streams. The 20min trekking from the gate till the top was a nice experience and the path is well maintained. But going to the bottom of the fall, though only 600m as told by the guard there, the path is very steep, winding and very rough. Going down is fine but then climbing up was going to be a tough task.We tried for a small stretch but then gave up, bein in the senior citizen age group and travelling alone(driving by ourselves) didn't want to take risk.
But the younger and physically fit people should definitely try it. We could see that the experience at the bottom would have been great.
But nice adventure and definitely worth exploring.Written 26 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The place is quite near to the Athirapally falls and ticket is common for both. Well maintained and systematic and care taken to minimise plastic usage etc. all typical to the nature destinations in Kerala. One can spend some time inside, small eateries available inside. One can have the view of the sliding down the rocky terrain (rather than a typical falls). There is a barricaded walkway to help enjoy the beautiful location. Elders can also enjoy as there are not much climbing up/down required.Written 13 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This waterfall on the Chalakudy River, lies in between the more famous Athirappilly Falls and Vazhachal Falls. It is a popular stopover for tourists who are visiting the Vazhachal Falls after having seen the Athirappilly falls. It is located close to the road and when in full flow you can feel the water splashing right onto your face.Written 22 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ezhattumugham, Ecovillage, butterfly garden, Thumboormuzhi dam, park and garden, places of scenic beauty!Ezhattumugham (The spot where Chalakkudy river divides into seven streams due to the numerous boulder clusters) is located downstream of the Athirappilly waterfalls. The boulders will be visible only during the summer so, even if the quantity of the water is less it is worth a visit during this season as well. The main attraction here is the huge hanging suspension bridge connecting the two banks of the Chalakkudy river where Thumboormuzhi park and dam is on one side and Ezhattumugham ecovillage on the other. There is a Butterfly garden as well. The water from the dam is diverted through Valathukara and Edathukara, two canals, for irrigation purposes. Kids can enjoy the slides at the park.
This is a place of scenic beauty!
Be careful with the monkeys 🐒, sometimes they can become aggressive!Written 28 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We saw the river on our trip to the Athirapally Waterfalls & Also during our stay at the Niraamaya Hotel at Athirapally .. not too much water .. rocks in the river appear to be beautifully carved ..Written 1 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have just returned from yet another great tour with Atul and his amazing team, this time in the middle Himalayas.
As this was our third tour with Atul, we felt like we were reconnecting with old friends.
From the moment we arrived at Delhi airport until the day we departed India, everything was taken care of by Atul and his very capable and professional crew.
As a pillion, with my husband Nev the rider, we were able to concentrate fully on the ride and amazing scenery, and not worry about logistics.
Rajinder, the mechanic, along with Suresh the tour manager and all rounder, even had the bikes warmed up for us at the beginning of the day.
There are no communication problems as Atul and his guides, Dheeraj and Ashish, speak excellent English.
My suggestion would be to start off on a ride through Rajasthan, then return for a ride through the tea plantations and backwaters of Kerala, before trying the more challenging Himalayan rides.
Bring your sense of adventure, and pack your sense of humour, and be amazed and delighted by incredible India.
Once again, thank you Atul and team.
Bev OwensWritten 11 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Athirappilly
- The top attractions to visit in Athirappilly are: See all attractions in Athirappilly on Tripadvisor
- The best outdoor activities in Athirappilly according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Athirappilly on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Athirappilly according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Athirappilly & Vazhachal Waterfalls Private Day Tour from Kochi
- Day Trip to Athirappilly Water Falls from Kochi.
- Athirapally Waterfalls from Cochin
- One day trip to Athirapally waterfall and Cherai beach to Kochi.
- Athirapilly and Vazhachal Falls from Kochi
- The most popular things to do in Athirappilly with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Athirappilly on Tripadvisor
Athirappilly Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday, 8:37 pm|