- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- The grand temple is situated right on the seashore in a big complex. There is a locker facility before the entrance for depositing mobiles, bags, belts etc. The security checking is very strict, so better not to have any objectionable item on person to avoid hassles and delay. Shoes can be deposited later after the security check, inside the temple complex. Carts ply inside the complex for ferrying old/infirm devotees at Rs. 5 per person. There are manageable queues inside the temple and one can have darshan at peace. The temple has a history of destruction and reconstruction several times. This is best depicted in a half an hour light and sound show held every evening from 8 pm at the complex. Tickets for the show and prasad can be purchased immediately after the Aarti from around 7:20 pm. There is another temple of lord Shiv just outside the complex which is stated to be the original one. Here one can offer abhishek for which pandits are available. Charges are reasonable and as per one’s capacity. This should not be missed.Written 15 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is situated in Prabhas Patan on the coast of Arabian Sea in Gujarat. It is one of the most important temples in the Indian history whose trace can be seen in many explorers travelogue- primarily Ibn Batuta It is one of the crowded tourist site which is especially taken care by the government.
Somnath means 'Lord of the Soma'. The temple had been destroyed as many as seventeen times by Muslim rulers- especially by Mahmud of Ghazni in 1024 CE, Allaudin Khilji in 1299 CE, Portuguese in 1546, and finally by Aurangzeb the orthodox Muslim in 1702, which was as been assessed the worst of all attacks.Written 14 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- No mobile, bags, keys are allowed inside incase you are carrying them deposit them in the free locker outside
The security is very strict
Morning time no much line or crowd easy darshan
Beautiful seashore view
Sound and light show is worthWritten 10 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gita Mandir and surrounding temples in the campus have a nice old look. There is an air of calmness about it. It is adjacent to a river and well shaded. The idols of Krishna, and Lakshmi Narayana sculpted out of pure white marble are beautiful to look at.Written 3 January 2020
- Three Rivers meeting point is known as Triveni Sangam. Hiran and Kapila are visible whereas Saraswati is invisible but two different colours of water can be seenWritten 24 August 2022
- It is a very ancient and traditional and auspicious panch pandav gufa. It is basically the gufa of the goddess of the panch pandav. It is believed that the pandavas had actually come to this gufa. It is very good but very narrow entrance. You have to carefully enter and exit as it is very small and narrow.Written 2 March 2019
- One can visit while visiting Somnath temple. This is within 200 meters of the main temple premise along with the Old Somnath temple. Thi temple can visited with in the vicinity in short time.Written 17 December 2019
- Place where Lord Krishna ended his avtar and proceeded back to Golok Dham (His eternal abode). Worth paying attention to are so many auspicious symbols on His feet. Spiritually un-inclined folks can skip. A little study of Mahabharat history and / or listening to a YouTube lecture by Isķcon's Gauranga Prabhu titled Disappearance of Lord Krishna will prove effective before visiting this place.Written 19 May 2019
- Ancient temple with stepwell
The architecture looks of olden times and the carvings are exquisite
Its just near triveni sangam road you can visit it after visiting somnathWritten 10 June 2022
- We just came back from a wonderful 6 days trip from Gujrat with Bijay Bhai's car.
Bijay Bhai not a driver well guide and given me many mythological knowledge also about somnath, dwarka, prachi, were extremely kind, friendly and always did their best to satisfy of all our demands.
We felt very safe. The car was clean and confortable. After checking with more than dozen travel agencies, price was the most competitive.
Thank you Bijay BhaiWritten 24 September 2022
- We had booked taxi service in somnath from shreeji tours and travels. Our experience is extremely flexible, Fully loaded with Guided, good vehicle, Experienced driver and Mr. Kalpesh is a very good person who Guides you to how to travel in Gujarat. Mr. Kalpesh provides services in Somnath, veraval, diu, dwarka, porbandar, junagadh a other locations in Gujarat.
My experience is amazing with shreeji tours and travels I recommend shreeji tours and travels somnath who visit in somnath and Gujarat just call him one time he will Guide you how to plan a trip.
Thank you Mr Kalpesh to make our trip successful.Written 31 August 2022
- Awesome experience. Good service by ghanshyam bhai .will recommend others for same.i was so much confused how to go and how not to. Then i saw ur ad and guess what i got my time.driver was very corporative and come one time.Written 19 August 2022