Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Gita Mandir and surrounding temples in the campus have a nice old look. There is an air of calmness about it. It is adjacent to a river and well shaded. The idols of Krishna, and Lakshmi Narayana sculpted out of pure white marble are beautiful to look at.Written 3 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Three Rivers meeting point is known as Triveni Sangam. Hiran and Kapila are visible whereas Saraswati is invisible but two different colours of water can be seenWritten 24 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It you go somnath and i must stay u visit this place because i say it is lart os somnath temple. Historical item was very carefully saved here. I am sure u loved it.Written 30 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Prachi Tirth is a place where the Posthumous ceremonies of our ancestors are performed according to the 'Shastras' of Sanatan Dharm. It is said that Lord Krishna who was a descendant of Yaduvansh had performed these ceremonies here for his ancestor as this place used to be ruled by Yaduvanshis approximately 5000 Years ago. Also it is said that Mahatma Gandhi performd these ceremonies for his forefathers here. Prachi Tirth along with Kashi is considered to be one of the most sacred place to perform these rites. In Gujarati we have a saying"100 Vakhat Kashi pan 1 Vakhat Prachi" literally meaning "100 times Kashi but only 1 time Prachi". It is also famous for a temple of Lord Krishna known as 'Madhavrayji Mandir' on the banks of river Hiran. Really beautiful place I must say.
How to Reach:
Prachi to Somnath distance: 25 Kms on Somnath-Bhavnagar highway.
You can reach Somnath or Veraval first by train or Bus from Rajkot, Junagadh, Ahmedabad or Bhavnagar. You can hire an Auto from Somnath. To and Fro journey costs around Rs.400
Best time to visit: October-February (Winter season in Gujarat)Written 27 January 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Somnath
- These places are best for points of interest & landmarks in Somnath:See more points of interest & landmarks in Somnath on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking points of interest & landmarks in Somnath:See more points of interest & landmarks for groups in Somnath on Tripadvisor