Top Attractions in Vantaa
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
Heureka science center has a lot of interactive exhibitions, definitely interesting for children or adults who like to explore science. The instructions are given in English, Finnish and Swedish, helpful to tourists. The ticket includes free entry to the planeterium shows. But the planeterium equipment can be a bit upgraded. Good on-site restaurant, but slightly more expensive than those in the city. Highly recommend for families with kids!Written 17 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We are an International students of Tourism VARIA making a video in ocassion of the World Turism Day. We had a wonderful experience in the exhibition and lovely shop where we could taste the best chocolates in Finland.
Thanks Fazer for the facilities you offered us.Written 5 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One thing I learnt during my visit to Finland, is how seriously the Finns take their History. This is specifically true of the Aviation, with a number of excellent museums devoted to the subject. The Finnish Aviation Museum is the most accessible being within the boundary of the Helsinki Vantaa Airport. Waiting to greet you outside is a beautifully restored DC-3 before you enter the main undercover museum to be surrounded by a wonderful collection of aircraft that have played a significant part in Finnish Aviation. Not only do they have a complete Convair 440 (a rare item in any museum) but you can go inside and witness how air travel was 60 years ago. Many past warplanes that have been a part of the countries defence can be seen. This is a museum for all the family to enjoy and a period of refreshment can be had in a modern retaurant/cafe together with a serious souvenir gift shop, with items suitable for everyone from the early ages to the serious books on history of aviation.
It is an excellent museum, worthy of anybodies 1-3hours whilst in Helsinki.Written 20 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great mall in Vantaa close to airport and you can get everything you need here. If you are in a hurry you do not need to travel to Helsinki or Espoo malls.
There is also quite good selection of various restaurants and if that is not enough then there are half a dozen more next door in Flamingo entertainment complex.Written 6 November 2019
- The Church of St. Lawrence is a church in Vantaa dating back to 1450. It is the oldest building in Vantaa.
The Helsingin pitäjä district is one of the best-preserved historical parishes in Finland. There are many old houses around the church area.
The medieval church was badly destroyed in a fire in 1893, after which it was reconstructed in a Gothic Revival style. The church got Neo-Gothic style tapered windows, pulpit, benches, galleries, and a copper roof.
The church is a very popular wedding church and venue for concerts.Written 18 February 2020
- Kuusijärvi is a small lake about 20 km north of Helsinki and a good area for hiking, running swimming and sauna bathing. In wintertime you can have a dip in cold water in the frozen lake, which is very refreshing. And of course to go to sauna after (or before) this exotic swim. There is also a cafe where you can have also moderate prized lunch.Written 8 May 2019
- The place a bit short on sign-osting but it is very clean and everything is available online for the digitally- connected passenger. Everyone speaks fluent (native) English.Written 1 March 2022
- As the name says this mall is large. It is located in Vantaa, south of Ring Road III, in the Vantaanportti business area near Helsinki-Vantaa Airport.
We have visited here and the Flamingo entertainment center connected to Jumbo many times as staying at the nearby hotels. Finally, we have learned how to find everything and what is the easiest way by foot in and out of the shopping center.
You can find here about 120 specialty stores. The largest stores are the hypermarkets K-Citymarket and Prisma and Stockmann. There are also many restaurants and cafes.Written 1 June 2021
- Here is lot of activities and food court. We used to go here for Chinese buffet (with sushi) but here is also many other restaurants.
Here is also hotel with spa, movie theater, and shopping center. So, worth to visit!Written 10 July 2018
- Sipoonkorpi is amazing and beautiful national park close to Helsinki. Bisajärvi has good fireplace and places to set up a tent.Written 3 August 2022
- No ongoing works are visible when walking around the building by Louhela station but it has now been closed for three years. Called also the Church of Light this modern wood and yellow brick Lutheran place of worship was designed by architect Juha Leiviskä in 1984. Under the trees nearby is a small area with a bench for silent reminiscence.Written 22 March 2022
- Situated next to the Myyrmanni mall in the same building with the library Artsi offers free art for all. The current graffiti exhibition closing soon shows works even in wool made by tufting to create a rug like texture by shooting the thread to canvas with a device. Great murals have been painted on dull apartment blocks around Vantaa in a previous project, as well as at railway stations.Written 21 April 2019
- Superb long and wide indoor track!
They have electric cars (which have a boost button), very advanced timing systems & driver profiles.
This is one of my favourite activities especially during vacations. Spent already hundreds of euros here and will spend a lot more! :)
PS. The staff members are really nice and friendly and even gave me highly valuable driving tips when I asked politely.Written 9 April 2022
- Small and beautifull museum. We visited at the end of june in the middle of the day. There were only one other group at the same time. We had lot on space and time to proceed at your own pace.
Nice touch were Pride flags all over the museum!
Next time we have to check, if there is guided tour available. Signs were interesting and helpfull, but I think tour would be very interesting.
There were free admission.
The facilities were very clean and the staff friendly.
Upstairs were a cozy play area for small children.Written 29 June 2022
- Akvaariolinna truly exceeds your expectations with it's impeccable service and unending knowledge of all things underwater. Wether it is marine or regular aqarium that needs plants, fish or care products, Akvaariolinna will provide it all. I've never seen so many different fish sold at one place at once! Pond products and fish also available!Written 4 March 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Vantaa
- The best outdoor activities in Vantaa according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Vantaa on Tripadvisor