Top Attractions in Ardara
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We are just home from a great trip to Donegal. We traveled up from Killybegs to this beach. What a place. Seriously if someone picked me up and dropped me I would think we were abroad. The waterfall on the way up is unreal.Written 3 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went out to see it on our way to Maghera beach and caves, its along the road on your way out and ample parking place,Beautiful waterfallWritten 16 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a breath-taking spot to take a photo! It is reminiscent of The Sound of Music. Incredible view of the valley.Written 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely open walk across farmland to this unadvertised gem of ancient Irish history. The four donkeys are great guardians of this site.Written 31 August 2021
- Stephen and his wife Bernie were lovely to talk to and Stephens work is just incredible. Definitely worth a visit!Written 15 September 2021
- This is a lovely, quiet beach on which you can walk for miles. It has easy access and good parking. Visiting will round out the trip to Ardrara.Written 19 November 2019
- All I want to say about our lunch stop at Sheila’s Cafe at the Heritage Centre is that I have never tasted such amazing sea food chowder! The flavour was delicious and it was packed with a great variety of fish and vegetables. Wish I lived closer to make a repeat visit!Written 8 August 2019
- Went in to buy some knitwear, left two hours later having had the best fun so far on our trip in Ireland. Campbells is more than a shop, it’s an experience. In between trying on jumpers, Hugh entertains customers and locals with a massive dose of craic. Meanwhile Andrena spent loads of time helping me choose the right styles and colours. Also, big shout out to Siobhan. While I was doing that, Hugh and my husband David we’re chatting about and watching an AFL (Australian rules football) game. Who knew someone in Ardara would even know what AFL was? Hugh knew! Anyway, about the knitwear. Great collection of beautiful quality, modern Irish knitwear. Do yourself a favour, visit Campbells or you haven’t really experienced Ireland.Written 6 June 2022
- My wife and I stopped into this shop after visiting Slieve League Sea Cliffs. The owners and staff were very friendly, and the selection of authentic wool clothing and accessories was impressive. There is a loom on-sight, and we got to see an interesting and informative demonstration of how the wool fabric is created. If you want the real deal--Donegal Tweed--this is the place to get some!Written 9 August 2022
- Absolutely brilliant Irish Pub!
Myself and some friends visited The Corner House at the weekend and had the best night! The band were amazing and the atmosphere was incredible.
If you want a true taste of authentic Ireland, do not miss this place!Written 9 August 2021
- Went to Nancys based on great reviews. It did not disappoint Cod and cassoulet was good and so was the Guiness. Busy place, so be sure to reserve in advanceWritten 3 August 2022
- It’s been about 20 years since I’ve visited Ireland. Throughout the 1990’s, I visited just about every Summer or Fall. Eventually, looking in Dublin shops at tweed jackets and blankets, I found out that most of them were made in Ardara. I decided to visit Ardara the next year, probably 1997. I stayed in Ardara thereafter for 2-3 days on every visit to Ireland, I loved the pub and music scene there. And I loved to visit with Eddie at his store. I would buy some items, like vests, caps and blankets from him. But I also bought tweed material from him that I took to Thailand and had made into suits with vests and overcoats. I have 5 of them and wear them a lot for 6 months a year in the U.S. They still look great after 20 years, although I had to eventually have them let out a little. I plan on coming to Ireland and Ardara the Summer of 2023, with my 15 year old son. I hope to introduce him to my friend Eddie.Written 31 May 2022
- After walking a nearby beach, we had lunch here and then had a few minutes to look in the shops. This one is not to be missed. It is made up of arts and crafts for locals. Everything the shop was desirable and quite well made. Many art treasures.Written 6 November 2019
- Great bar close to home . Very welcoming and the bartenders are amazing me and my wife got along with them very well . Thanks to Adriana molly and Laura . All 3 are amazing . Moved around the neighborhood not to long ago from corona so the bar its a great spot for us to relax on a Friday after work . They make pizza also lol frozen but they cook it properly in a good oven so props to that no microwave . Prices are great drinks are great and great place over all . Cheers to who goes hereWritten 2 July 2021
- We had the distinct pleasure of visiting Kennedy Of Ardara during a recent trip to County Donegal and the beautiful town of Ardara. What started as simply a shopping stop evolved into one of the most enjoyable couple of hours we spent on the trip! This shop is a multi-generational business (100+ years) operated today by Connell Kennedy and his excellent staff. Connell and Emma could not have been more personable in helping us select some very nice sweaters and gifts for ourselves and family, and assisted us all the way through the packaging and shipping of our items. Beyond the excellent shopping experience, we left there with friends for life. We will look forward to staying in touch with these fine people even between trips back to Ardara – we truly enjoyed the experience that much. Thank you Connell for one of the best shopping experiences and enjoyable visits we have had on our trip!Written 25 October 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Ardara
- The best outdoor activities in Ardara according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Ardara on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Ardara with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Ardara on Tripadvisor