Points of Interest & Landmarks
What travellers are saying
- Hospitality and campus are very good.
You make lots of friends from across the country and abroad. It's very much like staying at home.Written 1 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sometimes the most scenic roads in Life are the detour u didn't mean to take in life...
Exploring Himachal Pradesh..... Embarked on an unforgettable adventure through the Rajgundha with Barot Valley, a lesser-known gem in the Kangra region of the Himalayas.
Talking about offbeat, the Rajgundha in the Kangra region is a lesser-known and must-try experience. The expedition starts from to Bir, then onto the quaint little village of Barot before moving onto the beautiful and colorful valley of Rajgundha.
Rajgunda Valley is a peaceful getaway located at an altitude of approximately 2770 meters above sea level.
Rajgunda Village is surrounded by the Dhauladhar Mountain ranges on both sides with a clear sky above you look at. You can seed Clear Milky-Way in night as well. Rajgunda Valley is situated at a height of approx. (2770 meter sea level) and has 2 small villages (Kukkar Gunda and Rajgunda) and it is not connected with any road which makes this village more beautiful and popular trekking spot for all the trekkers, nature lover and adventure enthusiastic persons.
Rajgunda village has around 15-20 houses in this village with approximate population is in between 60-70 peoples. Villagers of these villages live here for 6-7 months and basic occupation of villagers is farming, and during winters due to heavy snow fall they moved to other place. Houses build there with old traditional way using stone, wood and mud. This valley is full of wild life and many endangered species of birds. Forest area around here fall's in the Dhauladhar Wildlife sanctuary. It's like connecting with nature, passing through oak trees, wooden elephants, waterfalls, orange-ish sunset, green meadows, local culture, traditional houses before finally arriving at Bharot......
There are two ways to reach Rajgunda Valley, From Barot Valley and another form Billing Paragliding site to reach on any of the spot, you need to reach either (Palampur or Mandi) depend on route you choose.Written 1 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just as you enter, the pathway is lined by cherry trees and a couple of weeks back they were in full bloom. This is very close to the landing site. There is a small temple/prayer hall with a beautiful Buddha statue which is open to public. There are other areas which are for resident monks.Written 27 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great experience overall, Fantastic support by the person. The whole experience is also captured in gopro . Must try this one.Written 25 November 2023
- Got through my P1 & 2 training with Skylark School of Paragliding and it was awesome ... With best, and safest equipment, professional instructors and students safety being the priority is Skylarks practice. Surely 100/100 !Written 28 November 2023
- Nice place for enjoy or relax. Paragliding is one of the best activity that I was enjoyed. The views were amazing.....I took so many photos!!Written 22 September 2023
- Team is providing camping, adventure & trekking options in Bir & Billing area. Host are friendly & good.Written 31 August 2018
- Very Safe for Solo Traveler Must visit for Paragliding Tea Garden in near area Trekking Monasteries'2-3 days are enough
Very Safe for Solo Traveler
Must visit for Paragliding
Tea Garden in near area
Monasteries'Written 24 April 2021
- Bir Billing is an offbeat tourist place in Himachal Pradesh that is mostly visited by foreigners interested in paragliding. It is known for its good weather, good cafes and eateries and good people to meet. Bir-Billing is the best spot for Tandem Paragliding sessions in Himachal Pradesh. Paragliding here is Tandem in which person can fly with experienced pilot. The flight is for 20 to 30 minutes from Billing to Bir.Written 21 April 2023
- Adventure sports area. Nicky maintained. World's second highest paragliding site. At 8000 feet. Worth expericinng. Not for faint heartedWritten 19 November 2022
- The sky view is great and worth the money. My advice to future travellers would be to go for it without any fear, it’s a must- have experience!Written 26 October 2022
- Splendid hosts who promise a life time experience. Paragliding isn’t scary with his team. From 2340m to 1000m, second highest in the world, second to Italy, Bir is a must do and Rudra should be in your bucket list.Written 22 May 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Bir
- The most popular things to do in Bir with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Bir on Tripadvisor
Bir Attractions Information
|Wednesday, 8:23 am|