Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Tübingen
What travellers are saying
- I was there very early in the morning and didn't have time to see the busier part of the town. But still it was enjoyable to have a walk in this small town and see all the old buildings.Written 23 July 2022
- Beautiful little town. Its many small streets and alleys provide an antique, bavarian, and medieval athmosphere that makes it aggreable to just walk around. Landmarks, squares, museums and stores everywhere. As it is such a cosmopolitan city, dowtown provides a wide variety of international commerce and gastronomy as well.Written 8 February 2020
- and good views of Tubingen and river Neckar. Interesting also the Museum inside. Nice little walk from the old city to the castle.Written 23 November 2019
- Very impressive building in the Marktplatz.
We did not go inside, but it is beautiful to look at from the outside.
Lots of shops in the area.Written 15 September 2019
- A huge collections or real cars and bikes, model cars, bikes, trains and boats among other vehicles and machines, dolls, toys, model cities with railroads, ferris wheels and other electrical features, etc etc. It is simply amazing and suitable for all ages, probably mostly for adults like myself who don't feel like growing old. The staff speaks little to no English but they provide a booklet in English with all necessary information. The places features a small cozy restaurant too.Written 8 March 2020
- In this area...So much beautiful architecture and so very many buildings to explore inside and out. And, history!Written 8 April 2019
- Well worth a visit to the Schloss Castle museum. Focus is on Archaeology- over the past 40,000 years - very impressive artefacts. The Di Vinci exhibition is also a must see. Highly recommended.Written 17 October 2019
- From outside the house is nice with nice views on the river. Inside the house is almost empty and if you don't know german is a little bit hard to understand anything.Written 8 November 2016
- Close to the old city you can go here to lay down in the sun a littel, maybe have a bbq and just chill.Written 23 October 2017
- The Black Forest region in southwest Germany is known for its evergreen forests and beautiful villages, but of all the small towns and villages Tübingen would be my favorite city in the region. Tübingen is home to one of the oldest universities in Germany. The city is brimming with activity. The great restaurants' beautiful buildings, flowers and punting boats make this small city a must see if you visit the region. Tübingen, GermanyWritten 8 May 2019
- Silcher was one of those composers of the 19th century, who are almost forgotten. But who sings or hears the Loreley-tune on boat on the river Rhein or sings the famous christmas song: "Alle Jahre wieder" meets Friedrich Silcher, who worked in Tübingen from 1817 as the first Music-Director of the Tübingen University. Go for a walk on "Platanenallee", to see im as a statue.Written 28 January 2020
- There are a variety of very detailed displays. We spent sometime in the area on Tubingen's and the universities role in the Nazi movement. Unfortunately, all of the information is in German. But my husband was able to translate some of it for me.Written 26 June 2019
- Absolutely great, for those who loves Hesse of course. Although he has spent not so much time in Tubingen, it is really great to see the books he was reading, or even buy something old in the shop, from the greatson of the real owner and the employer of Hesse. The Museum keeper was extremely helpful and poured tonnes of information on us.
Highly recommendWritten 29 January 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Tübingen
- The best outdoor activities in Tübingen according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Tübingen on Tripadvisor