Top Attractions in Viareggio
What travellers are saying
- Fanstatc event, to wath with friends or family, very good organization an take a care covid rules, there are a lot of controls for own safety.Written 28 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great Bagno Experience at Maurizio, Viareggio with our group of 4 adults and a baby. Stefano Zerini, the owner, was great as were the rest of the customer service. The beach was pristine and the water beautifully warm. We would also recommend the adjacent snack bar - very obliging at catering for our wide needs. Well done guys, have a good break, and hopefully see you again in 2023!Written 18 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Perfect for a cofee and a book in a sunny day.
Lot's of boutiques layed out one after the other, which Iam not so interested in so i walked along the beach.Written 10 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a base stop if you want to understand Viareggio Carnival, you can understand building phaes and visit very intersting museum.Written 28 February 2022
- The food was fantastic but the front of house staff in the restaurant have a bit of an attitude problem and acted like they don't really want your business, maybe because the season is nearly at an end and they're tired but we won't be back, we like to feel wantedWritten 11 September 2022
- A beautifully restored villa but empty rooms when we visited as there was no exhibition on. Would be good if it could be used to show the history of Viareggio and how it developed, with photos of the villa before and after restoration.Written 28 September 2019
- You can of course go for the fee-paying beaches just next to it, but the La Lecciona beach is quite great itself, as long as you have sun protection. Would recommend.Written 28 July 2019
- Would recommend a dinner at Marechiaro! The view is amazing with open sea and sand. Also the food is really italian and good service.Written 26 July 2015
- L'attesa, Gionata Francesconi's bronze reconstruction of the wooden statue by Inaco, is not so much a destination in itself as it is part of the experience of walking on the molo (pier.) The sculpture depicts a family anxiously awaiting the return of a ship and because it faces the sea, rather than the pier, most of the family is not visible. However, the sculpture is supposed to embody hope and it does that amply from it's rocky perch next to the pier.Written 2 April 2018
- What an amazing place to stroll around with your 4 legged friend and maybe hubby/partner/BF/GF A lot of shade in places if you're going around in the hot sun. Lots of different pathways to take, just be careful you don't get lost :)Written 30 September 2018
- Most of the restaurants along the Viareggio stretch offer the same food, nothing really exciting, we are not picking on this restauarnt but its the last one we actually ate in.
6 - 9 Euros is the aveage for a thin pizza, once you've had one you have had them all.Written 18 October 2018
- Nice Villa, toscane style, where offers exhibitions, paintings and cultural expositions, a sorte Museum, very interesting for a visit;Written 28 June 2016
- Not a very good beach club. The service is slow and rude. There is no beach service, you always have to go up to the bar. They don't have towels or an extensive food menu. The place is basic and for 45 euro for an umbrella and 2 lounges it should be better
It's not the worst palace, but it's not great. Very very averageWritten 31 July 2022
- For family with children a very well organized beach, with playings area for children, many chairs to rent, the beach is on survey; cabins to change you, all is very clean, very nice this beach.Written 28 June 2016
- This is the "central park" of Viareggio - a huge wooded park with paths and native trees/plants as well as kids' carnival rides, bike rentals, restaurants and more. Take a picnic or go for a stroll - you'll see locals doing the same thing. Very peaceful. Feels safe and family-oriented in the times I've walked through.Written 15 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Viareggio
- The best day trips from Viareggio according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Cinque Terre Small Group Tour from Viareggio-Forte dei Marmi
- Carrara Marble Tour Small Group from Viareggio
- The Best of Cinque Terre Small Group Tour from Viareggio
- Volterra and San Gimignano with Bocelli's Theatre from Viareggio Small Group
- Half-Day Chianti Wine and Olive Oil Tour from Viareggio