- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
50 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 50
What travellers are saying
- In Caltanissetta, in the middle of Sicily Island, but not too far from the blue sea, has a lot of attractions. In this abbey the monks produced a serum.... Become the legendary Amaro Averna.Written 11 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wow, travelling Caltanissetta, One of the TOP attraction Is normally the enchanting Teatro Margherita.Written 7 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Here we are in the middle of the Sicily Island. We are in the Caltanissetta downtown. This is the excellent Cathedral S. M. La Nova.Written 8 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- In the heart of Sicily Island there is the little city of Caltanissetta, many attractions in the downtown, the Sant'Agata al Collegio church is a great testimony of the baroque.Written 30 November 2019
- This is a wonderful resource for discovering the many layered history of Sicily and all is superbly displayed in a bespoke museum build funded by the EU.
Plenty of parking but you might need to be insistent to gain access as out of high season it is usually deadly quiet. Should be better known and promoted.Written 10 August 2018
- In Caltanissetta, surely One of the most important attraction Is rapresented by "Palazzo Moncada", inside and outside a lot of reasons to visit this PalaceWritten 7 July 2019
- Piazza Garibaldi is the center of Caltanissetta, where there's a beautiful fountain between two huge churches. The fountain was build by one of the best artists of the XIX century, Mr. Tripisciano, who also contributed to buld the Altare della Patria in Rome and who gave the fountain as a present to the city.Written 19 December 2016
- Great museum with lovely crystals and information about the sulphur mining industry. Kind people let us in even though the museum had just closed- the website says it closes at 1.30 but in fact they like to close at 1 pmWritten 3 October 2018
- A wonderful vista which gives you the opportunity to look over the town of Caltanissetta, in the lea of a towering 'risen' Christ. Thirty years ago this was a place where locals would come to share a coffee, a prossecco, an apperetif.
Now your company will be stray dogs, weeds, a ramshackle trailer occassionally selling coffee, and five towering telecommunications pylons which supply the surrounding area with their broadband and mobile reception.
Their location immediately facing the gaze of the Redemptore is a travesty - and a silent appalling note of the failure of the local council here to protect what once was a stunning location to enjoy the view of Caltanisetta's urban progress in the heart of the mountains of central Sicily.
Still worth driving up to, past the fading glory of early twentieth century villas, with wysteria languidly draped over walls and railings in the bright Sicilian sunshine. Bring your own refreshment, and enjoy the view - with your back firmly to the Pylons!Written 21 April 2017
- This is the magnificent San Sébastien Church in the Caltanissetta downtown. Also you could appreciate the Tripisciano'fountain.Written 8 November 2020
- Driving from Caltanissetta to Delia, in the middle of Sicily Island, you could find wonderful landscape and lovely Animals....The Castle of Delia Is magic.Written 3 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Caltanissetta
- The most popular things to do in Caltanissetta with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Abazia di Santo Spirito
- Santa Maria La Nova - Cattedrale di Caltanissetta
- Teatro Regina Margherita
- Chiesa di Sant'Agata al Collegio
- Piazza Garibaldi