Art Galleries • History Museums
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
155 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 155
What travellers are saying
- What a wonderful show for all ages. Our 3 year old grandson was enthralled by and captivated the dinosaurs which were very lifelike and authentic. The additional narrative was also excellent and the narrator and wranglers very professional. All together a great family occasion.Written 11 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went for a walk along Southport Pier with a friend. The pier itself is well kept and makes for a nice stroll. There is a little train which goes across it (for children, predominantly) and I believe there is a café at the end. There are also some toilets at the end of the pier, which were quite clean.
The views themselves are not the most spectacular in the world, but they're not too bad. As you walk along the pier, you get a view over the Ocean Plaza Retail Park, which you can hardly call a vista. However, when you reach the top end, you look out onto the water, which is a bit nicer.
Overall, if you're in the area, I would certainly recommend a walk along Southport Pier. It's free after all, so why not?Written 24 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just marvelous, pier, trucks to carry folk, tea room, kiosks, wooden bridge, yachts, gondolas, boardsWritten 23 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The model railway village was a lovely place to visit. There has been a lot of love and attention to detail been put into this. The houses, castle and cars were all painted well and the trains were running around the village with steam sounds. The signal boxes worked stopping the trains when needed.
We were welcomed by a lady in the kiosk who gave us a quiz to do. A great idea as it makes you really look at the exhibits properly.
On our way round we met the owner of the village. He said they had been closed for a while due to storm damage and he and his wife had fixed everything so people could enjoy visiting again. They had been there 26 years!
A great place to visit in Southport :)Written 27 July 2022
- great day out plenty to do even for small kids could do with opening a bit earlier and staying open a bit laterWritten 8 August 2022
- Visited here for a quik walk - stayed far longer as it was so interesting - especially the aviary.
Well worth a visit.Written 23 April 2022
- Never been before but the air show was brilliant, good value at £10 per adult, for 4 hours of non stop displays. But the parking was an absolute joke, queued for 2 hours and then only 2 people taking payments. Should have had people walking up queue taking payment. There was also a barrier so only one car could get through at a time! We took a picnic, glad as food queues were very long.Written 14 July 2022
- Certainly a pleasant and free unofficial floral attraction in Southport but one which is quite difficult to access and enjoy on foot or using public transport from the centre of Southport if you aren't very ambulant. The plant displays are pleasant but their glories are fairly dependent on the time of year you visit.Written 12 May 2022
- If you look for nice park to walk, rest or time to be with yourself - this place is what you need.
Lake, ducks, nature, wind, sun - lovely 🥰Written 25 July 2022
- we spent quite some time (and money) in this amusement centre , lots of machines , great fun. we found the staff were very friendly and helpful.Written 9 July 2022
- Not much fun if you like water because it's currently empty. It was closed originally with no plans to improve, however kept away from the public. Apparently now there are now plans on the table and the space is up for improvement.Written 20 September 2021
- A friend suggested i have a look on my visit to Southport as it is something a little bit different. I definetly enjoyed looking around, but the audio recording i found went on a little bit without any explanation of where i was supposed to be.
The entrance is kind of hidden inside a shop though so if you don't actually know it is there or come from the right direction it would certainly be missable.
If i ever get to come this way again with that friend, i would certainly say it would be a nice place to visit again. (hopefully with a better audio track)Written 10 May 2022
- Really enjoyed his show.
I totally get that the review is for the Southport Theatre so what can I add?
Clean, spacious, airy.... not enough ladies toilets.. apart from that, all good.
I wouldn't enjoy a drink in a plastic beaker from the bar however.Written 12 October 2019
- Great bird reserve at the top of the coastal road. Staff are very friendly and can advise on the best areas to watch and best birds to see. Some if the species come quite close to the hide windows so can be good for photography. There is a free car park then a few minutes walk to the various hides.Written 16 January 2022
- One of the best playgrounds I've seen, well kept, lots of different places for little ones to explore and next to amenities should you need something. Will definitely come back on another holidayWritten 4 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Southport