Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Zakynthos
What travellers are saying
- We love this place , we got here a bit later than usual so couldn't get a lounger but we made do with towels across the rocks , the water is amazing and a great place to swim , there is loads of places to explore or just relax and soak up the 🌞, the resteraunt is also great and a nice place to eat 😀Written 2 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had paid for the boat trip to turtle island but the day we went the turtles were nesting, we wasn’t aware of this until the boat had gone past and staff had told us. They had taken us around some absolutely beautiful coves! and then had stopped the boat and a different cove and gave us 45 minutes to get off for a swim if wanted…I think I actually preferred this as the island looked like it had very little sand and no shade what so ever! (not very good for children) But what a beautiful afternoon, I really enjoyed it. And don’t worry if you forgot to bring drinks, they have a shop on the boat!Written 5 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- great park spent lots of time here, only downside are some of the staff are rather rude especially the lady in the bar by kids area, great spot for dinner in the evenings if you stay at the hotelWritten 20 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was fortunate enough to to this incredible Museum with Saga groups I travelled with to this place with so much of the relics & guide that took us in was so knowledgeable for sure I’d highly recommend seen to be believed 👍🏼🙏🏼😊🇬🇷Written 7 October 2022
- Very nice soft sandy beach stretching all the way through to Laganas. Sections cordoned off to protect the nesting sites of the turtles but still plenty of room to either lay towels or use some of the sunbeds dotted around. Good for plane spotting too!Written 3 November 2022
- Very nice place for a swim. Great area to relax. OK foot, even though we visited a bit out of season - but horrible toilets.Written 18 October 2022
- We have been coming to Zakynthos since 2016 & absolutely love this place. It is so special. We stay on the other side of the island, so only visit when we hire a car, but worth the trip
Our happy place - amazing sunsets and now has a lovely restaurant at Fondos - you won’t be disappointed.
My kids love jumping in - very young children may struggle as very Rocky & you need to jump in. Recommend rock shoes to save your feet!Written 5 September 2022
- Very impressive church overlooking over the harbour. Extremely popular with both locals and tourists.Written 4 November 2022
- Gorgeous beach, lovely calm waters and lots of space. A few bars / shops locally for drinks and snacks.
This is a nesting beach for turtles. Can we let them be please?Written 7 October 2022
- We had an amazing holiday. The hotel provided tea and coffee but not milk which would be an added bonus but we bought some from tge shop for under £2 so no big deal really. The staff were friendly and hard working. Our room was beautifully roomy, modern and clean. There is a kids club for the little ones. The food is great with several choices hot and cold. Activities also available for the adult's to join in with too. There are lots of comfortable sun loungers around the perimoter of the pool areas and also overlooking the beach on the Tiled deck area. The beach is simply stunning and the water clean. Stunning..Written 22 September 2022
- We went to Zapynthos on Celebrity Cruise ships and all they could recommend was Shipwreck beach. Banana Beach is a hidden treasure. With truly sandy beaches and chairs for only 7.5 Euro, this beach is also affordable. There are ample chairs so you don’t feel crowded. There is a sand bar 50 feet out that you can walk along. If going to Greece, do not miss this beach.Written 13 September 2022
- We went on the last TUI tour of the season during the last week of October. We travelled from Tsilivi which was a trip by coach to Porto Vromi. Then about a 25 min boat trip to the Shipwreck beach.
As we came around the corner of the cliffs and saw the cove for the first time, it took our breath away. It was absolutely stunning. The crystal clear blue water is just the colour you see on the postcards. The tall cliffs surrounding the cove make a very dramatic backdrop. We arrived mid morning and it was not too busy. Getting off the boat was interesting as you sink into the white teeny tiny pebbly ‘sand’. Beach shoes are recommended as it is not particularly comfortable under foot and flip flops really don’t cope well! You will get wet feet/legs leaving your boat.
The sea gets deep quickly from the beach but to swim in it was just incredible. It was so clear and felt really special. I wish I could have stayed swimming there for a lot longer.
Yes it is just a rusty metal shipwreck but we found it really fascinating to look at and walk around. For your own safety, stay to the centre of the beach away from the cliffs. It worried me to see people sitting right under them after seeing the 2018 cliff collapse online.
As we were leaving the beach around 11.30am, it was getting busier so I would definitely recommend visiting here early.
For us (early morning/end of season) the experience was well worth it and we are so glad we did this trip. Something to note at this particular time though is that the sun had not made it fully into the cove so take a jumper as it can be a little chilly. And don’t forget your drinking water and swim wear!Written 30 October 2022
- Really good water park.
We visited this park on the last open day of the season. Not to many people, no que's.
Lots of slides, all good fun.
Great photos taken of us. €20 for 5 photos and you get one blown up to A4 size for free.
Lazy river a nice speed round.
Unfortunately no wave pool☹️.
Food reasonably priced:
Burger, chips and a drink - €8.50.
Reason for not giving full 5 stars.
Imagine the cheapest nastiest own brand frozen Burger 🍔. That what was given to me.
🤮do not recommend the Beef or Chicken burger.
Apart from that. Great day had by all 😄Written 2 October 2022
- Absolutely stunning views from the top. The drive up is dicey to say the least, but at least you can say a prayer at the top! The monastery is gorgeous!! The lady in the cafe is so helpful and welcoming!! So worth a visit!!Written 17 August 2022
- and no stones to cross getting into sea.sandy. Nice looking beach bar but not used except for water.Written 1 October 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Zakynthos
- The best day trips from Zakynthos according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Zakynthos : One day small group tour to Navagio beach Blue Caves & top view
- Turtle Spotting, Keri Caves, Marathonisi and Cameo Island Tour
- Zakynthos All Day Tour Shipwreck beach, view point-Blue Caves
- Zakynthos: early morning Shipwreck,Blue Caves and view point small group
- Private Speed Boat Trip to Shipwreck/bluecaves up to 8 pax