Popular things to do
- Half-day Tours
- Wine Tastings
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Wineries & Vineyards
- Top Picks
- Ports of Call Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Likely to Sell Out
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ancient Ruins
- Walking & Biking Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Sporting Events
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Boat Hire
Top Attractions in Kefalonia
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Indeed a spectacular beach accessed by a steep twisting road
Very well organised with beach beds, showers and toilets. Has a small cafeteria which is ok for a light snack and drink
Pebbles and not sand but despite that well worth a visit
Enjoy the views from aboveWritten 27 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful waterfront area with restaurants along side harbour wall bay divided into two areas by de bosset walkway a great walk
With lagoon on other side with pedalos and electric boats to go out on for € 30to €40
Can join multitudes of boat trips along side harbour and also catch ferry to lixouri €3 pp walkon
Main attraction though are the turtles that inhabit the bay and daily visit the fishing boats who are off loading catches
We saw them later in mornings but best time is from 9-30Written 29 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well worth a visit. A short boat ride about 10-15 minutes max but beautiful scenery and the colour of the water is stunning. Can be really busy. Timing can be quite imporatnt and it is recommneded to visit around 1200-1230 to ge the best of the daylight intot he caves.Written 29 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Roads up were abs fine and previous reviews I think over play the roads being tricky.
You can drive to the very top and then opportunities for great views at 5 - 10 min walk. But note there are no 360 views.
Ensure you go on a cloudless day to get the most.
Remember it’s cooler at top.
Recommend linking trip with visit to Valsamata and Monastery and winery in near by valley.Written 20 September 2022
- As you approach the archway to the left is 'honey man' he sells his local made produce €5 smll jar. The nectar collected by the bees derives from the combination of thyme & other floral scents. Passed the entrance to the left is the cloak portall where you are to cover up shoulders & knees before gaining entrance at the rear. Hand made items are sold from a kiosk by a stern nun who expects you to have on you near enough the amount of your purchase. 'Expect a reaction if not'
Once inside another nun sits & waits for you to make an offering dropped into an urn as you take a vigil candle to light adjoing others already propped on the sand bed. The flickering prayer is slow and doubtful to reach it's flame caught in the drafts.
This was a few days away from one of their two celebrations for St G. A small orderly line leading up to the silver tomb as each one blesses themselves before kissing the tomb.
This ritual also takes place in Zante Zakinthos at the cathedral of Dioneces.
I refrained from going down the ladder in to the saints quarters.Written 25 August 2022
- Although you have to go turn cliff edge roads, it’s well worth it ( much better than Myrtos). There is plenty of parking, sun beds were free. We took some bread snd we saw such an amazing range of fish swimming g all around us, got some fab photos! Only thing is drinks at bar are expensive so bring your own ( kiosk shop was closed )Written 26 September 2022
- Skala beach was clean with plenty of sunbeds, a mixture of pebbles and sand. Sunbeds ranged between 10 - 20 euros for 2 beds and an umbrella .Written 19 September 2022
- A fabulous, beach, great food at Erasimus very reasonable prices. (get seated for 12/12.30 as notice restaurant became packed plus you get a beachside view ) The journey down is along a road with hairpin bends but take it steady it is worth it. On arriving at the beach there is a free carpark (if there before 10am) to the right, or turn left and the first entrance is a carpark at 7 euros a day the next entrance is a carpark 5 euros a day. Or take your chance on the road for free too. There are showers at the beach at three points with toilets at the restaurants. 8 euros a day for 2 sunbeds and an umbrella, these are great or you can upgrade to cushioned sunbeds for12 euros a day. Either side of the sunbeds for hire there is space to put up your own umbrella and towel for free. Pebbly beach but water shoes allowed us to walk in and out sea without discomfort. Big waves at times!!Written 15 August 2022
- It quite a small crowded beach but has good facilities with water sport options. We love the taverna of the same name located at the top of the stairs which has great ocean views and excellent food.
We prefer Kalamia beach at the opposite extreme of Lassi as it's prettier and a nice calm inlet of the sea for swimming.Written 24 September 2022
- We have walked past the small memorial on the coast road several times, but today we decided to walk inland to see the official monument.
It's a picturesque, uphill walk which leads to the memorial at the summit. It's very poignant and good that there is a notice board to tell the story of the bravery of the Italian troops. Well worth the walk.Written 23 September 2022
- Busy but great atmosphere. Snacks Shack with good music. A reasonable swim from the rocks at Emelisse Hotel.Written 27 September 2022
- Nice walk across the water and back with chance to spot turtles and an array of different fish. If you don't like the heat suggest you do this early morning or late evening as there's no shade. Certainly worth the walk if not for the views back to Argistoli.Written 26 September 2022
- End of our daylong roadtrip around Lixouri peninsula. Sand is ochre red in colour, shallow for a long stretch and very calm sea when we were there made it a perfect place to relax and play water games with our kid in the late afternoon. The section were all the beach loungers can be rented felt very cramped as the beach is so narrow but one can just wander east or west to find a place to pitch your own umbrella if you have one. Lounger rental was Euro 6.- for the day and to our disappointment, no Happy Hour prices if you just want two hours at the back end. Kids love this beachWritten 26 August 2022
- We visited this beach twice as we loved it so much. It is just beautiful and great for snorkelling. You need to walk down some steps but it is worth it for the beautiful water. There are no facilities so take the food and drink needed!Written 20 August 2022
- I wouldn’t stay here but definitely some good tavernas and also the caves and lake are very close. Worth a visit.Written 12 August 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Kefalonia
- The best day trips from Kefalonia according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kefalonia Island Tour
- Luxury Day Cruises to Ithaca - swimming, snorkeling food and more !
- "Dreamy cruise"Daily Cruise from Argostoli harbour with a traditional Greek boat
- ALL DAY private tour - Kefalonia
- Zante Daily Cruise from Poros Port