Popular things to do
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Ancient Ruins
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Walking & Biking Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Historic Sites
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Ports of Call Tours
- Water Sports
- Observation Decks & Towers
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- History Museums
- Inter-Island Flights
- Sporting Events
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Naxos
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Tucked away down the road from the busy beaches. This place was the best!!! Highly recommend a visit to this beach.
We had been traveling for two weeks and wanted to have a family day. We got it! This beach was quiet and only a handful of people were there.
All I will say is GO- The guy who managed the cabanas was super nice to my family. Had drinks and snacks. Made the day easy.Written 19 July 2022
- While wandering, find the Folk Museum Collection. Wonderful man with an amazing collection. Better than the castle one!Take the time to find the Folk Museum hidden away here. Amazing collection of more recent times..very worth while! Gentleman is very knowledgeable and interesting.Written 10 August 2022
- The sunset from this spot is magic.
You can have wonderful photos as the sun goes down.
You must go.Written 3 August 2022
- Great walk, started from the Aria spring and we used 50min to get to the summit. On the summit, we watched as 10-12 large eagles took off for todays hunt. Great view!Written 11 July 2022
- Although the Cedar forest is beautiful and a national park, it is not the main star here.
It is in the shadow of the most amazing beach on Naxos - the Alyko beach with crystal turquoise sea you see in Caribbean sea or Indian ocean.
Better than that, it's not commercialized - there're no bars (only one food truck) nor sunbeds, so bring your own gear including drinks and food.
Cherry on the cake is the abandoned ruin hotel at the beach far right. Once meant to be a 5 star resort it ran out of funds, so the built walls served as canvases for amazing murals, graffiti and street art.Written 21 November 2021
- Easy compact beach with lots of restaurants. Try Palátia! Went twice for delicious fresh fish, home marinated white anchovies, awesome shrimp souvlaki, sardines, grilled fish and more! Served at tables on the sand or loungers by fabulous Orestes! Must visit!Written 3 July 2021
- The beach wasn’t rated as a beach with service but when we came there a family who lives in the area has set up a little taverna named Mitatos Panormos. They offer food, drinks and free parking spaces for beach travelers. When we came we weren’t thinking about stopping there, but after a swim in the ocean we were a bit hungry so we decided to stop by. What a gem 💎 we found!
If mama is cooking, make sure you get the calamari and the small fishes ( in Greek: Atherina) they are a delight ♥️ the food, atmosphere, reception of the family and the hospitality was the most welcoming…… ♥️
Thank you for everything
Regards from Iceland 🥰Written 8 July 2022
- Built during the 13th century, there's not much left of the Venetian Castle of Naxos but, what does remain, is certainly worth looking at. Of particular interest is the northwestern gate, with its great door and which is undergoing restoration work, and the Glezos Tower, the only tower remaining of the castle's original 12 towers. Buildings inside the castle's precincts which are worth investigating are the Roman Catholic Cathedral, the Greek Orthodox Chapel Agio Anastasia Farmakolytria and the Nonastery of Ursuline.Written 2 August 2022
- Our hotel was along this beach and it offered a lovely view. We also enjoyed a nice lunch and dinner at 2 different beach club restaurants which had great vibes. This beach does not have the really nice sand and turquoise water of the prettier beaches of Prokopios & Plaka which are just a 15 minute drive away. That's where we went when we wanted to swim and hang out on the beach during the day. The cost of the chairs/umbrella are the same and they are nicer beaches that also have the beach club restaurants. We still enjoyed staying along the beach close to the charming old town of Chora and would choose this option again. it's really nice having a 10 minute walk to the town which offers great restaurants, shopping and a charming atmosphere.Written 20 July 2022
- Amazing place! Very nice crystal water the sand it was amazing! One of the best beach that i ever beenWritten 3 August 2022
- We had a little trouble to find the road and missed it the first time. Road is tight and very little parking at the end and to turn the car around. No place for a big car to get there. This is only a very quick walk after parking and it's beautifully set up. However the real attraction is the hike up to the cave of Zeus. We refreshed our self after the hike with the fresh water.Written 24 June 2022
- Nice little museum in the middle of the old town. It has a nice and rather big collection of Cycladic art. It is worth a visit.Written 25 August 2019
- This was an amazing experience because of the exhibit that was featured at the time we visited. The weaving exhibit was artfully arranged in each room with such care…. BeautifulWritten 8 July 2022
- The cave can be easily reached following trail 2 from the car park. It's really big and deep. Do carry strong torch if you wish to explore.Written 11 December 2021
- The Mikri Vigla counts as one of the best Naxos beaches and it certainly is. Water is crystal clear, turquoise and shallow. There're plenty of bars to rent sunbeds for a reasonable price.
Unfortunately, at the beginning of September there were many jelly fish which was quite unusual according to the locals, so they spoilt our impression.Written 21 November 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Naxos
- The best day trips from Naxos according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Koufonisia by traditional Kaiki from Paros
- All-Inclusive Catamaran Day Cruise
- All inclusive day sailing tour from Naxos to the small cyclades
- Santorini Private Sunset Catamaran Cruise
- Naxos: Highlights of Naxos Day Tour