500 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 500
What travellers are saying
- They are amazing! So sweet and talented. Really love their explanation and the songs they played for us! 100% recommend it.Written 7 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Have been to Chania old town a few times over the years we have always found something new to see. The shops, restaurants, bars, the old market, the small backstreets where the old houses are now being renovated some into ABB’s. Lots of choice of different restaurants for different budget’s. Sightseeing and shopping. Taxi ranks or bus stations for local buses or further afield. Nice place to visit again and again.Written 22 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautifull galery in the old town of Rethymnon. The collection is wunderfull even as the building. You can find paintings, jewellery, art and gifts. You feel very welcome and the owner is always open for a nice talk. Also they wrap your gift perfect to take it home with you. Go visit them, explore and enjoy this galery!Written 24 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Don’t miss this store if you visit Margarites. Not only do owners Giorgis and Mariniki Dalamvelas have an extensive selection of (affordable) items, Giorgis provides pottery-making demonstrations on a wheel in the shop, and shares numerous examples of the innovative ways Minoans and later Cretan residents used pottery for everyday tasks. Giorgis makes the pottery but Mariniki is the artist who creates intriguing designs on the finished products. She also packed our purchases well so they made it home safely.Written 18 June 2023
- This is in the heart of the historic pedestrian area of the town, the lion fountain is just in front and the Town Hall a few meters away. The art exhibition changes so always something different to see. It is housed in a former basilica.Written 13 October 2018
- We have visited this place every year since 2019 and always a new piece of pottery to remind us of our stay and have trouble deciding what to take as there is so much choice. Staff are always very friendly and helpful and always package up your purchases well. See you next yearWritten 13 October 2023
- Ioana is a great painter, she’s very talented!
Manolis, her husband, is very helpful
Both of them are so nice and welcoming so we are going to visit them anytime we are there.
The shop is amazing and the prices are cheap, especially in comparison theirs works: a beautiful art mix with a lot of humor.
Visit and support them!Written 25 September 2023
- We found it by chance, near the Catholic church and up some stairs. I see others paid entry but we didn't seem to get asked for any money.
It's an odd assortment of artefacts, nothing too stunning. But worth a look. No explanations in English so treat it as a floor of pot pouri
There's a lady doing stunning embroidery of rural village life scenes. The bigger ones take her 3 months each and they are impressive. All from her imagination she said. It's worth going just to see these piecesWritten 15 July 2019
- This souvenir shop is worth a visit…it’s unique to all the other shops in Rethymno. The owner Eleni works with 20 different Greek artists/vendors that only sell to one shop per major city. You will find really nice ceramic pieces an other nice souvenirs!Written 29 October 2023
- This gallery has a variety of beautiful work in different mediums. Niko is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about Greek art and typifies the regions hospitality. It was just wonderful getting to know him and learning from him. We ended up getting a couple of pieces including a sculpture of an olive tree that we treasure. Euxaristoume Niko!Written 27 August 2014
- Very nice gallery with work from local artists.
Perfect and fast shipping abroad.
Worth to visit - highly reccomentedWritten 25 July 2023
- Quality products and a beautiful shop. The tinctures are strong and well labeled, and the herbs nicely dried. If I lived nearby I would be a regular customer for sureaWritten 11 February 2020
- The collection of the fur and letaher jackets its whery trendy and stylesh the owner its whery succesful at whork 👏👏👏👏five stars qualityWritten 9 July 2023
- Excellent experience, great quality products at very reasonable prices. Parking is a bit tough sometimes, but worth the trip.Written 6 June 2021
- During our holiday in Chania we have visited this very nice jewelry shop. Immefiately we received a very warm welcome by this nice family.
From the first moment I was impressed by their handmade jewelry and their customer friendliness. It is clear that they hold their customers in high esteem and go out of their way to make them happy. Thanks to their great service we have a very beautiful souvenir, reminding us from a wonderful holiday.
In short, our experience at Alexia Jewelry was perfect and I would definitely recommend this jeweler to others. Thanks again for the great service!Written 25 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Crete