Public Transportation Systems
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 177
What travellers are saying
- If you are travelling alone or as a couple the Metro from Porto airport into the city center is very easy. A short walk downstairs from the airport at the exit, the machines translate into English and choose zone Z4 for Trindade Station at a cost of €2.75 per person. Validate the ticket before getting on.
This takes you into the top of the old town tourist area just to the north of Ponte Luis Bridge.
We had about a twenty minute wait sat on the tram and the journey is then just over 30 minutes. easy return from the same station.Written 26 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
The train station and its tiles are in fact magnificent, it was just a pity we weren't able to take good pictures as the station was full of people getting on and off the trains but also tourists like us.Written 22 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Historical tram tour but also a quick transport from city center to Passeio Alegre. While most of the passenger enjoyed sightseeing by the vintage tram, we used it as a nice way to get from the city centre to our hotel next to the park at Passeio Alegre. Highly recommended if you enjoy nostalgia. Hop off at the Railway Museum if you want to enjoy more!Written 8 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Exceptional service and easy to book online! As a solo traveler, I would use them again upon my return to Porto.Written 11 November 2022
- Very nice ride with Pedro. Top service and so friendly. Has given nice things to do in Porto. Speaks very good english also. Greets from a belgian.Written 27 December 2022
- While in Porto we used a bus and metro to travel around. Although our time and experience was limited, less than two weeks, we thought the Porto buses do an excellent job for what they are designed to do. The drivers are professional and journey times very satisfactory. Prices seem to be cheap as well, at least compared to our own country.Written 18 September 2019
- From booking to arrival at our apartment, the experience was first class.
We were met at Porto arrivals by Alex, a wonderful driver that gave us some great insights about Porto on the way to our accommodation. Alex was professional and a real gentleman, helping us load our bags and ensuring the kids were safely buckled into their seats. Needless to say, the car was spotless and very comfortable.
Will definitely be using them again on our return to Porto.Written 16 September 2022
- The tram is just lovely to see whizzing around town. You can buy tickets on the tram. It's inexpensive and a great way to get around.Written 4 November 2022
- Great value for money as price not expensive for the quality of the service. Driver was extremely polite and always on timeWritten 5 September 2022
- Excellent, professional service. Transported my bike to and from airport. Great communication. Will use again if needed.Written 8 August 2021
- This experience could not have gone better! Nuno handled setting up João to drive me from Porto to Ponte de Lima and back. João was prompt and courteous. His car was immaculate. He was an excellent driver (in the pouring rain!) and I felt extremely safe. João is a wonderful conversationalist too. I did not get to meet Nuno, but the communications with him were seamless. You can’t go wrong with this company!Written 18 December 2022
- I'm glad I didn't read the reviews in advance, or might have looked elsewhere for a shuttle service; but as it was, most pleased with the overall service, both to the hotel and back to the airport. First trip was shared with other passengers, second time around driver was early, we were the only passengers, and we got to the airport in excellent time. Drivers courtesy, counter staff efficient, price was reasonable.Written 27 June 2019
- We had no problem when plane was delayed. Ride comfortable. Driver great!
Prior to our flight, driver contacted us. Communication and information on app was good tooWritten 15 November 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Porto
- These experiences are best for transportation in Porto:
- Transfer Porto Airport to Douro Valley ( Régua / Samodaes )
- Service Transfer Airport to Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia
- Private Sightseeing Tour from Porto to Sintra
- Transport/Private Transfer from Porto Airport to Régua and Samodaes
- Private Transfer between Oporto and the Airport