- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- The Art Centre of José Guimarães is quite an interesting modern building located in an equally modern-like concrete patio garden that almost certainly draws the passers-by. I personally felt the highlight of the permanent and temporary collection was the rich ensemble of African masks mostly from Angola, Congo, Benin and Ivory Coast to be seen in two exhibit rooms and pertaining to José de Guimarães' private collection. For those who are moderrn Art lovers José de Guimarães' own paintings might also be a "must".Written 12 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Despite not having been able to take advantage of the numerous cultural initiatives this Centre has been putting forward, according to what I was told, I was nevertheless able to see a cartoon exhibit and the magestic gardens of the former Palace from the outside. It is a pity the gardens are not open to the public because from what I saw a stroll around would have made my day.Written 13 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On my way to the football, head into the Mall for a beer and kebab. Bloomin’ marvellous. Lots of chain eateries, all in a circle and lots of choice.Written 8 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the kind of store I love randomly stumbling upon. I had some time to kill before dinner and saw they offered olive oil tastings so I popped in. The owner is very passionate about olive oil and we had a great time chatting and tasting. He knows his stuff! Very friendly and no pressure to buy (though I would have if I hadn't just started a 3 week trip where I would have to carry it around!).Written 10 October 2019
MUST VISIT!!! Amazingly beautiful boutique store. Raquel (owner) and staff sooo helpful. Beautiful high quality items that are tasteful, and reasonably priced. Better than anything you will find in Porto and Lisbon.Written 15 November 2021
- Love the staff here - so helpful and knowledgeable about all the cheeses and wines! Adorable little shop right in the old town of Guimarães. Don't miss it!Written 11 March 2019
- Pedro has not only high quality products on stock, but also the very best informations and recommendations for the best shops of collegues and restaurants.
We have enjoyed each second with him.
Highest recommendation.Written 5 September 2017
- Nice place to find the most tasty red and white wines from Portugal! I also strongly recommend the wine workshops that give support to a properly selection of wines.Written 13 December 2020
- You will love this shop if you are looking for something original! Despite being located in one of the main streets of the city, from the front door it's a bit unnoticed, but once inside you will discover a little world of its own. It's plenty of beautiful art objects in different materials (wood, textile, ceramics, stone, etc,), earthenware, quirky and beautiful jewelry and gorgeous wool blankets, all made by Portuguese designers and artisans. The owner, will tell you the story about every piece, because each one as its one unique journey. They also host some exhibitions periodicallyWritten 18 December 2017