- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 53
What travellers are saying
- We stayed a short while in Colares snd were intrigued to see the tram line crossing the road at various points. As the schedule is not well advertised we unfortunately didn't have a chance to ride the tram from the beach up to Sintra, but on driving up came across it at various points.
The tram is similar to the wonders in Lisbon and the track a magnificent piece of engineering. Next time we will make the effort to have the ride!Written 29 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great guide who showed us beautiful and all very different sites. The place where we had lunch was great fun and also good food. Basic but perfect! The palacio da Peña was stunning. All and all we had a great day because of our guide PaoloWritten 1 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just a short one way but a very good one! The fare was fair. Her vehicle looked very comfortable and clean.Written 3 December 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Diogo was extremely knowledgeable and is from Sintra. He knew all of the ins and outs. Spent all day with us and took us to a great seaside restaurant for lunchWritten 6 September 2022
- The service is terrible but the bus itself is ok. I used Royal Express to go from Cascais to Porto in january 2021 and it was difficult to find the place where I had to be exactly. Luckily I found it in time and managed to get to Porto. The bad service started when I had to go back to Cascais and I thought I was in the right place (the general bus station of Porto!!!!) because I saw a Royal Express parked there. 20 minutes before my ride the bus just left without any passengers so I contacted the customer service through WhatsApp and they confirmed (in a not so friendly way) I was in the right place and I just had to wait for the bus because it would be there again at 19:00. At 19:05 it still wasn't there so I tried to contact them again but they ignored me. This made miss the bus and I had to go to a hostel for a night. The next day they reacted by saying they finished their shift so they couldn't reply to me anymore, that it was my responsibility to be in the right place and that they couldn't do anything for me. I asked them in a friendly way to help me book a new ticket because I already missed my flight to the Netherlands because of this. They refused in a very unfriendly way.
So long story short; they don't tell you where you have to be in a good way, their customer service is unreachable at times you need them, they blame you for their mistakes, they are unfriendly and they do not refund anything or help you book a new ticket without making you pay for everything again. I'll choose the public transport train over "Royal" Express any day after this nonsense. At least the public transportation company booked me a new ticket FOR FREE after I missed a train (yeah I know I wasn't having any luck that day).Written 28 January 2021
- Pedro was an amazing tour guide for a splendid day in Evora and the surrounding countryside. He created a bespoke experience for us that combined history with facts, wonderful gastronomy and great things to do with a little quality local shopping. We saw the 18km long 12th century aquaduct, the Portuguese version of Stonehenge called Cromlechs as well as Diana's Temple from Roman Times. The visual historical highlight had to be the Chapel of the BonesWritten 27 October 2022
- Highly recommend Vasco. He is friendly and very helpful. We only took a ride with him back to the station but would not hesitate to use him for tours if we return. Thanks again VascoWritten 30 August 2022
- We had a three city tour covering Lisbon, Sintra and Belem and it was excellent! Felipe was fantastic and I highly recommend him! He is charming and speaks outstanding English and he was knowledgeable and took us to every place we could've wanted to see. I felt like it was a family friend taking us around town. We went to a Michelin rated restaurant which was fantastic. He has a very nice Mercedes sedan with great air-conditioning which was fortunate because it was 95 degrees out. The walk around Sintra and the castles were a highlight. He is very knowledgeable about everywhere that we went. I highly recommend this company and particularly Felipe. Thank you Felipe for a fantastic tour of Portugal!Written 23 July 2022
- Antonio picked us up at our hotel as scheduled and we saw some of Sintra’s special spots..just not enough time to see it all this trip. Antonio is from Sintra and he shared so much of the history as well as personal stories. We visited the near by coast line and had lunch at a wonderful seafood restaurant. We also had the opportunity to visit a unique Colares Region winery (our request). It was a wonderful day and Antonio was a perfect match for our trio of travelers.Written 9 October 2019
- Francisco took us to the top of Centura. He showed us some interesting points along the way and got us there in record time.Written 18 January 2022
- Too expensive if you are not going to visit all the attractions. Despite this, the bus is functional.Written 6 January 2023
- Had a fantastic informative day trip with Joseph who drove us and six others in a comfortable mini van to Sintra etc. He spoke excellent english and was patient and courteous at all times. Picked us up right on time at our hotel and pointed out interesting places in Lisbon as we negotiated the town.
Highly recommend this driver and his company. Well worth the money!Written 5 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Sintra
- These experiences are best for transportation in Sintra:
- Private transfer from Sintra to Porto with 2 hours for sightseeing
- Sintra: Luxury Private Transfer To or From Lisbon Airport
- Transfer Sintra to Lisbon Airport
- Tours and Transfers
- Sintra Full Day Small-Group Tour from Lisbon
- These are the most romantic places for transportation in Sintra:See more romantic transportation in Sintra on Tripadvisor