- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
31 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 31
What travellers are saying
- To really appreciate this stunning lake, one needs to take a boat ride. There are a number of options available. We caught the ferry from Burkliplatz to Rapperswil - a 2 hour trip one way. The ferry stopped at numerous ports along the way. Even though it was an overcast day, we could still appreciate the beautiful views. Instead of doing a return trip, we caught a train back to Zurich.Written 12 September 2022
- We went to Uetliberg with our nephew and his five small children and we all had a great time. The views are excellent and there are good playgrounds, hiking trails and restaurants for the whole family. It's easy to get there from downtown Zurich.Written 16 September 2022
- WOW! For a zoo of this age it was VERY maintained and clearly a development plan that has been followed.
This is the FIRST time I had seen wolves or hyenas in a zoo environment.
In the care of elephants I believe they exceeded the environment that most zoos provide for these majestic animals. The outdoor spaces were vast, but the indoor space for winter care was impressive.
While on the side of a hill the grading didn’t feel Iike you were walking up or down steep trails. There were some hikes up, but they were mild. However, I wouldn’t say this park is easy to navigate in a wheelchair, cane or walker. Many families had strollers with small children, but they were getting a workout at times.
The rainforest was also impressive. The environment was clean and full of animals. Birds were plentiful, but lizards and frogs were a welcome surprise. Of course the lemurs in the space were surprisingly present and not hiding in the back of the space. The restaurant here also offered an impressive view into the space where you could enjoy lunch with a view.
The space with the zebras, rhinos and giraffes was also very impressive. Loads of space for these animals to roam and graze.
I am fully aware of the pros and cons of zoos and animals in captivity. I can’t speak to the past of this facility, but the future does seem to be on track to balance education with public display of animals many will never be able to see in their natural habitat.Written 11 September 2022
- If your looking for a spot for great photos and view of Zürich’s historic centre, Lindenhofplatz is the place to come. It’s well worth the schlep up the steep hill to get there and there are plenty of benches for you to take a seat if you need a rest!Written 19 September 2022
- Excellent walk along the Limmat River, several scenic bridges through Zurich. Suggest walking across Munster Bridge, to be surrounded by the 4 main historical churches of the city.Written 5 September 2022
- We have visited much nicer botanical gardens, but this one is free and still great. We enjoyed going into the domes, looking at the frogs in the ponds and the small fish tanks. Seems like a nice place to spend a sunny afternoon for locals.Written 2 September 2022
- A small, beautifully located Chinese garden by Lake Zurich, some interesting elements and large fish swimming in the pond. It's definitely worth a look here.Written 5 August 2021
- Since there is no ocean or formal beach area to go to in Zurich, the Limmat River serves that purpose. We were at the Marriott and the bridge just across from it was a fun and popular spot for jumping into the river. The nearby restaurant added to the scene. But it was very popular on weekends. As you move up the river you will encounter other areas similar and see many jumping off points. The Limmat is crystal clear and very clean which is why it is so popular.Written 26 September 2019
- Nice park on the shores of Lake Zurich. There are nice views of the lake. Here is the Chinese Garden and the Courbosier Museum.Written 25 September 2020
- Nice, quite lively not very large park near the National Museum and the Marriott Hotel. It situated along the Limmat River.Written 24 September 2020
- It's a nice, clean spot to swim in lake zurich. The bathrooms are clean and the bar is decent. Recommended if you want to just sunbathe, or swim, or have a drink.Written 4 February 2020
- Very interesting park with a lattice/scaffold structure you can climb around and stop at various benches, tables, and enjoy some topiary. I spent some time exploring the structure on a recent trip and it made for an enjoyable diversion.Written 23 February 2022
- A well kept and lovely park with amazing views of the lake and boats on there. A picnic would be lovely here. There’s lots of cute dogs about too which is also a bonus.Written 11 September 2019
- Zurich in general is beautiful and driving in and out of Zurich you will experience amazing natural scenery, mountains, landscape and lakes all are amazing
If you love driving head to Como from Zurich and if you have a HD Bike do not think twiceWritten 6 September 2018
- walking all along the river downstreams, you will come to this little island located in the river, with its swimming area and a cultural institution with restaurant. a nice stroll to come here and a pleasant place to pass a sunny summer day.Written 23 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Zurich
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Zurich:
- Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich: Jungfraujoch and Bernese Oberland
- Mount Titlis and Lucerne Day Tour from Zurich
- Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip from Zurich
- Mount Pilatus Summer Day Trip from Zurich
- Day Trip to Swiss Villages (Interlaken-Grindelwald) with local from Zurich
- These are the most romantic places for nature & parks in Zurich:See more romantic nature & parks in Zurich on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for nature & parks in Zurich:See more hidden gem nature & parks in Zurich on Tripadvisor