- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Located on the XX September av, one of the most Arty one , don’t miss this local
Market , so
Pleasant , full
Of life and right in the middle there is this food court …so
Pleasant with oval
Food , good for value, tasty , good ambiance
Really a nice spotWritten 27 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Huge shopping centre with cinema complex next door. 2 floors of shops and restaurants. Parking and 5 minutes from the nearest train station. Food and drink is very reasonable. Very clean despite dogs being allowed in there.Written 7 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When I first stepped foot in this piazza I felt something different. Besides the locals using it as a passage to other places, the piazza has shops as well. There is a 15th Century Church of San Pietro, raised above the street level with its two bell towers as a backdrop. It draws tourists like me to this piazza. Happy Travelling!Written 27 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were invited for the inauguration of an exposition in Satura Art Gallery; the event was very well organized and welcoming to all the attendees, the provided speech and directions were brilliants.
The building "Palazzo Stella" is an historic place with lot of charm a just a throw-stone distance from the port; you don't need to be an art critic to enjoy the exhibitions there.Written 8 October 2018
- From the outside it looks like a clothing store inside an ancient building, but on the ground floor you find the statue of Hercules who kills the Hydra.
You go up to the first floor and you find an altar with a statue of Mary.
You look up and you see a ceiling with stucco and blue and gold decorations.
Just look down, however, and you continue to see the clothing store.
Do you think you have hallucinations?
Where are you?
You are in Genoa, in Palazzo Casareto - De Mari, known as the Pomegranate Palace for the plant that grows above the entrance portal.
The statue of Hercules and the recess with the statue of Mary you have seen are not advertising expedients.
They are true works of art of the seventeenth century.
To be sure, read in the photograph the curriculum of the sculptor of the statue of Hercules.Written 11 August 2018
- After chasing down the best chocolates and candy stores, trying fancy and outrageously expensive ones as well, I was very pleased with the chocolates at Romeo Viganotti. The wafers with different infusions are just heaven. With everything from salt to cardamom to the glorious Sezhuan pepper. Don’t forget to ask for what’s in the baskets as well, behind the counter. The shop is in a nondescript alleyway but just a few steps away is the same brand’s gelateria and also their pasticceria (where I recommend the passion fruit and raspberry creamy bites).Written 9 July 2022
- Very nice experience. Very helpfull and friendly owners. Bike in Genova is really easy and you see a lot . You van also bike to Boccadese or the beach . Grazie !Written 13 September 2020
- I ordered several fresh products (pesto, trofie, gnocchi, ravioli etc.) for delivery abroad. The products arrived in perfect conditions and the quality is top class. As a Genoese emigrated abroad, especially these days when travelling is so difficult, it is great to be able to taste « home » through Danielli’s products.Written 30 March 2021
- Not much to see here, but it is a great time to take a moment and acknowledge the great music of DeAndre. This was his place, his town. It makes a great sound track for a tour of GenoaWritten 30 September 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Genoa