Top Attractions in Dunfermline
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Well kept clean & a wonderful space to walk, cheap parking near & well worth the visit. The high st is old & worth the walk,Written 15 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The building is in amazing condition & well worth the 2h it was for us to have a look & have a snack whilst there. The cafateria is good value, clean & well-staffed.Written 16 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Teen experience, so much more than expected! Hosts & instructors second to none.
Great value for money. Included 2 X 20 minute driving experiences, mock driving assessment via CGI. Car maintenance.
End of session, 20 minutes karting!
My 13 year old loved it! He's very keen to return to complete "Teen 2".
I wished I got the name of one of the group leaders, a gentleman, who was extremely engaging, professional, inclusive. He chatted to me whilst we were waiting in-between sessions. He is passionate and oozes exceptional people skills, my young lad thinks he's ace!👌🏾
Thank you, and to Ashleigh too for being great hosts!
My only feedback for the driving experience is, because of the numbers, 16 kids at one session, the waiting in-between is a tad too long! With only 4 cars, 4 instructors - there's waiting. Time is backfilled with videos and CGI driving assessments but there's still gaps.
My only dislike was paying over the odds for a bacon roll with 1 piece of bacon in it!🤣 Feedback given and was put right for my lads roll 🙌🏾
Great fresh coffee served in the cafe! Lovely staff.Written 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What an inspiration this place is. Highly recommend as it is a mix of original features and a modern museum. So much to learn about this amazing man and his family. Enjoy!Written 30 August 2022
- What a fantastic afternoon really enjoyed the visit. Staff were really knowledgable and made the experience very personal and special. There was a gent there who used to live in long side in Aberdeenshire was so knowledgable about local companies in the Buchan area from the past. Sir thank you as it made my mum and my visit very personal. The only thing I would want to do is drive a bus. To others thinking this might not be for you it’s a gem and very reasonable for a family ticket for 2 adults and 2 children. Great cafe and very cheap for refreshments. Good luck to the volunteers and charity board I will be back.Written 25 September 2022
- Fantastic museum. Very modern and very well laid out. Mix of art and history so well integrated into a free display. Highly recommend.Written 30 August 2022
- Another great night at this theatre. Keeping theatre 'alive' is really important and we love this place as it keeps delivering 👍Written 1 March 2020
- What an absolutely epic day! Went with two friends for hover crafting and clay pigeon shooting as part of a fun day of birthday celebrations. Honestly had the best time! The activities and the staff were absolutely brilliant! Can't fault any part of the experience and will definitely be back. Thanks to John for such a great time.Written 29 September 2022
- Very much a community Church outgoing with an accent on learning the good work . The building is used by other organisations including Rosyth Concert band,West Fife Helping Hands Club and The Chinese Christian Fellowship. A coffee morning is held in the 'Gateway Coffee Shop ' every Thursday morning. The Ladies fellowship meet on TuesdaysWritten 24 September 2017
- A great wee park near Dunfermline. I wouldn't travel far to go, but if you are nearby, definitely worth a few hours with kids.
Play park at the townhill end is good for younger children with a fenced in toddler play park and some basic equipment for slightly older kids. There is a wee road area marked out for learning to ride/scoot along with a story telling seated area and some mining heritage boards.
Further away there is the loch with the Scottish water ski centre which also has a cafe (careful of opening hours- it closes early, especially out of summer season). Excellent called though😀 It has a nice walk round with plenty opportunity to spot some wildlife. Unfortunately it can get really busy, there can be a bit of dog mess on our near the path, and the area nearest the car park can get littered badly.Written 22 March 2021
- A very interesting place to visit, we are so glad it is free and there is so much information on the boards inside.Written 17 November 2020
- There is a nice play are including swings, chute, see-saw and multi-unit. There are 2 football pitches included and a large wildlife pond with a wooden fenced walkway through the rushes There is an abundance of ducks and moorhens on the water. Very popular with locals and visitors .There is a skateboard park as well . Highly popular with walkers, joggers, and cyclists this is a large green area in the middle of the townWritten 13 January 2019
- Just back from a couple of nights stay , experience was fantastic .. everyone was very friendly and accommodating nothing was a problem to ensure you had a good stay . Had a few camping issues which were resolved immediately 👍
Had young kids in party , they were shown to fish , able to feed chickens and ducks and walk the goats .. just fab .
Sharon and family always made you feel very welcome
Rab whom lives on site is always available to help even last thing at night he would come and check on us to make sure we didn’t need anything before he went home . Just Amazing will definitely be back soon .Written 11 August 2021
- What a peaceful place to paddle and kick the waves. Lovely spot to stop and take in some sun and relax with friends. Definitely recommend 💕Written 5 July 2022
- This active church sits in a relatively new building (in the last 25 years ) serving the community with a thriving congregation serving the surrounding communities ,Crombie,Charlestown,Limekilns,North Queensferry ,Hillend and Dalgety Bay . The Church has an active website of Mass times and the sacraments also a short history . I could find no details of the community of the church with meetings or groupsWritten 27 September 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Dunfermline
- The best day trips from Dunfermline according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Rosslyn Chapel, Dunfermline Abbey and Stirling Castle Day Tour from Edinburgh
- Private Day Trip to St Andrews Dunfermline and the Fife Coast from Edinburgh
- St Andrews and The Kingdom of Fife Day Tour from Edinburgh
- The most popular things to do in Dunfermline with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Pittencrieff Park
- Andrew Carnegie Birthplace Museum
- Dunfermline Abbey and Palace
- Dunfermline Carnegie Library & Galleries
- Scottish Vintage Bus Museum