Top Attractions in Bradford
What travellers are saying
- Joseph and his technicolour dream coat: wow! I’ve seen this on the west end and several times at the Alhambra but this performance was exceptional. Every single cast member excelled and the orchestra were wonderful. I could have watched it all again straight afterwards. Wonderful just wonderful!Written 19 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely fantastic day out. Cannot recommend this place enough. Loads of fun interactive, interesting things for grown ups and kids. We went to see the IMAX Antarctica film which was frankly, jaw - dropping!!! I would like you give a special thank you to the lovely young lady who return my purse (which I didn’t even know I’d lost!) but also, all the staff were super helpful, I was there in a carer capacity, we were truly well looked after. Many thanks for a TOP day out.Written 5 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a great place. Loads to see relating to Bradford's industrial heritage and very well laid out. The process of 'sheep to suit' fabric making was well explained, and was much more complex than I thought. There were also displays about printing, lots of of old cars and an outdoor area with back to back houses.
Our highlight was the blacksmith, who made a a nail 'by hand' and clearly loves his craft.
We spent two and a half hours there, and could happily have spent longer. A great afternoon out, and although it's free, it felt right to make a donation to help ensure it remains open in years to come.Written 9 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This labyrinthine maze is home to several bars, coffee shops and the Cavernetta Pizza. Absolutely fascinating and again friendly staff and so welcoming. Dont miss it.Written 12 September 2022
- Visiting the Mill is the highlight of any visit to Saltaire however the streets need exploring to really experience the history of the village there are a few decent pubs and bars (Fanny's) my favorite and some nice restaurants.
There are plenty of places to visit within short distances such as Haworth and you can catch a train into LeedsWritten 4 December 2022
- This is a very interesting place. Lots of history to be enjoyed. Even my 2 year old loved it. Would love to experience one of the ghosts hunts they do here. Loved the ghost room.Written 27 October 2022
- Going to the mill is mine and my daughters special treat. A wander around the galleries, nice lunch and maybe buy a book or two.Written 18 November 2022
- Perfect Sunday with the kids park looks nice and clean kids play area excellent boating decent not the best overall safe and sound.Written 20 October 2022
- Visited midweek and booked festive afternoon tea. Lovely Xmas displays and shopping in general, lovely gift ideas for Xmas too. The mezzanine restaurant upstairs is lovely, we were greeted warmly and taken to a quiet area sectioned off for afternoon tea visitors. Beautiful sandwiches and cake treats along with savouries:
Turkey cranberry in brioche bun
Savoury cheese in bread
Tuna Mayo in wrap
Large pig in blanket
Fish goujon with tartare dressing
Scone with cream and jam
Miniature mince/ginger tart
Miniature fruit/cream tart
Unlimited tea or coffee
All for £15 per person which I think is excellent value for money.
Can highly recommendWritten 26 November 2022
- An undervalued gem of a museum. I was glad I was able to visit on one of the 2 days this volunteer run and operated museum is open.
Well worth seeking this place out and booking on to one of their very knowledgeable guided tours. Good value, but not accessible to wheel users sadly.
Fascinating insights into the development of policing locally and police practice generally over the years.Written 18 November 2022
- Superb art collection in impressive grounds and building. Very welcoming staff and nice cafe in the basementWritten 5 September 2022
- 4th December 2022. Went for Santa Specials. Not disappointed. Well organized no queues this year as all booked tickets. Pies & Paninis at the bottom. Hey, give it a go.Written 5 December 2022
- This light filled and airy centre is in the heart of the city and has a good choice of shops. Worth a strollWritten 6 June 2022
- It's lovely and clean plenty of trees the walk is quite easy to do small problem with some cyclists not notifying people they are so close behind them in the path provided and can be rude.. other wise it's well worth a visitWritten 31 October 2022
- This area is completely pedestrianised and the fountains are fun and lit up at night. Very close to the Bradford City fire memorialWritten 6 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Bradford
- The best day trips from Bradford according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Tour - Haworth, Bolton Abbey and Yorkshire Dales Day Trip from Harrogate
- Private Tour - Haworth, Bolton Abbey and Yorkshire Dales Day Trip from Leeds
- Bronte Country and Yorkshire Dales Private Day Trip from York