Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Betty's Bay
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Once bitten by a penguin twice shy? No way. Despite having experienced a controlled bun fight of a Penguin experience down in Aus, I was keen to see if the African experience was any better. And yes dear readers it was. 100% per cent to quote the cool kids.
Stony Point offers visiters so much more that the commercialised Philip Island operation. First up, there are NOT hundreds of people there. It is a small area with coast walk to the left and 500m board walk to the right. More penguins than you can shake a stick at, you get up close and personal without impacting on the environment of these lovely little creatures. Stunning views over the bay and with waves crashing over the rocks. This was a wonderful trip and a place that should be on your bucket list.Written 24 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful gardens, well designed and maintained. Well worth a visit (1-2 hrs) to see special plants and regional ecosystems. Very relaxing, easy walk around, many benches, spectacular scenery of mountains. Wish there were more specimen identification signs but information plaques are very interesting. Betty's Bay is a terrific, small town and includes Stoney Point penguin colony nearby. Check their open hours carefully to plan your visit.Written 3 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the many beautiful bays in South Africa. Quiet and peaceful and in walking distance to the private summer house we stayed in. Betty’s bay boasts a penguin colony which we visited early morning. You pay a small fee but get to spend as long as you want watching the penguins enjoying their natural habitat.
We also did a small hike, which was most enjoyable.Written 15 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The gallery is run by Louise and Victor who are really friendly people and their products are excellent. Definitely worth a stop when passing through Betty's bay!Written 29 December 2022
- We have the great pleasure and privilege of living just a short walk from this fabulous beach.
The local residents take good care of keeping this beach looking beautiful and clean by picking up any litter they find blown or washed up by the sea.
Walk to the far end called Sea Farm to the rocky outcrop if you’re looking for shells. Also see if you can spot the rock turtle...
Highly recommend that you visit this beach.Written 26 January 2020
- great place for nature lovers. See penguins in their natural habitat. Child friendly and very educational.Written 10 February 2020
- You will see this as part of visiting penguins. Not much to see really. It was a very windy day so we did not hang about.Written 28 September 2019
- We popped in out of curiosity one day and were pleasantly surprised by the friendly owner who invited us in for a very informative guided tour of his kitchen.
The chocolate is delicious and stock is available to purchase on site.
Recommend for all fellow chockaholics!Written 26 January 2020
- We stopped by this little store during our visit to Betty's bay in March. It is small, cosy and packed with many interesting antiques and gifts that are surely one of a kind. Very much an adventure for anyone looking to buy something unique and or truly remember from their visit to Betty's bay.
There was art of many of the local artists on sale and many hand picked and restored furniture and decor items.
The owner Charmaine was absolutely delightful and very knowledgable about her antiques. I was so impressed, I thought it a shame so little know about this hidden gem of Betty's bay.Written 23 April 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Betty's Bay
- The best day trips from Betty's Bay according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Cape Agulhas Full Day Private Tour from Cape Town
- Cape Agulhas Full Day tour
- Hermanus Whale Watching Full Day Tour
- Cape Agulhas Full Day Private Tour
- Hermanus Whale Watching Shared Boat Trip and Private Wine Tour from Cape Town
- The most popular things to do in Betty's Bay with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Betty's Bay on Tripadvisor
Betty's Bay Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday, 5:21 pm|