Top Attractions in Muiden
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- A wonderful castle and a great museum. Definitely take the time and do the two audio tours (included in admission). It was awesome wandering the halls and small, cramped stairs built almost 800 years ago. Oh, the armory display room is not to be missed. The staff was also very kind and helpful during our visitWritten 10 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Pampus fort island is something I have never visited before. We really loved all the audiovisuals in the fort and you could see how much time and money they have used to make it work! Restaurant with their sustainable food is wonderful too. Only minus I can think of is their audio tour.. it was hard to find the audio tour spots inside of the fort.
All in all, wonderful trip in this beautiful fort!Written 30 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A must do when visiting Muiden, Muiderslot and Pampus island.
Fun with family, friends and children.Written 3 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Grote Kerk Muiden was build in the year 1425 on the site were a chapel in Romanesque Style was build in the year 1150.The church is open for a short touristic visit in summer on saturdays from 12-16 hours.
Despite its name Grote Kerk Muiden is not a large building but before or after visiting the imposing Muiderslot it is pleasant to visit the small historic centre of Muiden village on Vecht river as well.
I visited the small village of Muiden several times;sometimes in summer by rental- bike(Ov fiets) from Weesp,sometimes on my own bike from Amsterdam.
Busses from Amstelstation Amsterdam to Almere Haven and Naarden-Huizen generaly stop at the main traffic road a few minutes from Muiden historic centre.
The main draw for tourist is the Muiderslot but Muiden offers several 19th century forts part of Unesco World Heritage"De stelling van Amsterdam" and 2 historic churches.
A similar small village church is located in Muiderberg 3km to the east;site of the murder of Floris V of Holland in the year 1269.Written 22 September 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Interesting small free exhibit about the history of the medieval city of Muiden.
Includes a movie in English.Written 4 May 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Muiden is a fortress town about 15 km south east of Amsterdam. It is a small town with interesting sites. The Muizenfort (Mice fort) that was part of the Defence Line of Amsterdam, a harbour, The Muiderslot Castle, a small stone castle, a Lock (water navigation) which is nice to see how it works. You can also take a boat sailing to Fort Pampus Island. A nice place to stroll around. There is also a Ferry from Amsterdam visiting Fort Island Pampus and Muiderslot castle and back again to Amsterdam.Written 14 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Within a fortress (greet modern interior design in a old building from 1874) there is a visitorscentre with a movie about the fortress Muiden en we played the Escaperoom 'the cryptographer'. its in English and Dutch so very nice as a tourist.
Very difficult puzzles but a great atmosphere. Must see if you are in Muiden en visit the Amsterdam Castle, visit Fort-C also! it's 10 minutes walk form the castle.Written 5 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The occasion for the boat trip was the birthday party of a good friend I was invited to.
We enjoyed the mild September weather and it was a pleasant boat trip on the calm water around Muiden on the Vecht river and Gooi-meer.The catering was festive and we had a pleasant afternoon.Written 21 September 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Muiden
- The best day trips from Muiden according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private day trip to the Dutch castles from Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Castle & Utrecht City Full-Day Private Tour
- Private Tour: Giethoorn customizable tour
- Discover The Netherlands Private Tour
- Northern Highlights Tour: visit 4 magnificent places from Amsterdam