Top Attractions in Thalassery
What travellers are saying
- Visited the place in January. It has a river side walkway and park. Also a cafe is available in the walkway.Written 20 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you want to experience the tradition of kerala then definitely visit this place which is worth for your visitWritten 13 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a calm & quiet place to spend your time, overseeing the nature & beauty of the ocean. It has been recently renovated & kept, neat & clean. There is an entrance fee of Rs. 10/- which is worth for the area.Written 7 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A good place for visit, nice scenery. walkable distance from Thalassery town. Many good restaurants. This monument is managed by Archaeological Survey of India. It has a small garden. There are a few underground rooms which are not open to tourists. It was locally stated that the British first manufacturing unit of bronze coins was here.Parking space is limited. The premises are clean, the lawn is well maintained.Written 13 November 2019
- Sri Jagannatha Temple is a pride in thalaserry. A must visit places in kerala where one can encounter the divine feeling when you enter the temple premises.Written 13 April 2020
- Holy Rosary Church, also known as St. Rosario Church, is said to be one of the ancient churches in Kerala, belonging to the Roman (Latin) Catholic faith. Situated adjacent to the Thalasseri Fort, along its Northwest, towards the sea, the church attracts visitors due to its historical significance and architectural marvel with unique stained glass works brought from London. Established in the early 16th century, the church was originally under the administration of the Archbishop of Goa. At present, the church belongs to the Diocese of Kannur after the bifurcation of the Diocese of Calicut on 5th November 1998.
The Brennen Cemetery adjacent to the church, in which many noted colonial officials take their final rest, as well as the Thalasseri Fort attracts tourists and history lovers.
In fact, the profile photo of the church in the TripAdvisor and all the three photos available to date are those of the Thalasseri Fort and not St. Rosario church. The church is exactly behind the ramparts of the lighthouse quarter of the fort (North-western side of the fort), as can be seen from a photo uploaded here.Written 30 March 2019
- This is a small modest looking temple from outside. But when you enter inside you can feel the power of the Deity. It gives you a lot of confidence and fulfilment. .
My experience is that whatever you ask and it will be fulfilled. Temple is about 3 km from Thalassery town. Very easy to reach. It is close to Thalassery cooperative Hospital. Temple is located just next to the meeting point of Arabian sea and local river. The view from the temple is really beautiful and serene. You can sit just next to the temple and enjoy the beauty of the sea and river embracing each other...Written 9 November 2018
- Nice place for peaceful mind and prayers.More than 200 years old mosque.Best place to visit if you are interested.Written 2 October 2018
- very close to chokli town. People from far off place also visit during this temple. Annual feast of this temple is very famousWritten 28 May 2017
- A very promising and well believed by locals among Thalassery. People do believe that the diety is a wonderfully strong and promise fulfilling one. People from all walks of life come here.
Dont know how true, but I hve been told taht the fishermen of this area do pray to diety everytime before venturing into the sea and also thank after every return.
Must visitWritten 14 October 2019
- Good small park with a nice Sea View and few equipment for children too. These equipment need proper maintenance to keep them safe, for kid's. Park has a good shade with few trees & a Restaurant too.Written 28 February 2020
- This is a training place where the traditional south Indian martial arts called as "Kalaripayattu" is trained here. Also one can watch the training. You can see the Kalari weapons on display.Written 29 June 2017
- English Church is a british era cruch near fort and beach of thalassery . its a beautiful small church built by british .Written 26 November 2017
- The Dattatreya temple is located 4 km's from Thalassery town. It is accessible by bus or auto from Thalassery. This is the only Hindu temple in the state with Dattatreya as the primary deity. Other main deities worshiped here are Aadiparashakthi, Durga, Mariyamma and Hanuman.Written 1 November 2018
- This is a popular attraction for its french architecture. It is located close to Tagore Park in Mahe. The main attraction here is the light house and the flag post. Good for hang out or picnic.Written 29 June 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Thalassery
- The best outdoor activities in Thalassery according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Thalassery on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Thalassery with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Thalassery on Tripadvisor