- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
21 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Definitely worth a visit if travelling through the Dolomites. This was the site of a terrible tragedy in 1963 when a massive landslide from the slopes of Monte Toc in the night displaced millions of litres of water over the dam, drowning 1910 people (Including any children) in the village below. The dam is now disused and the sight of a number of moving monuments and memorials to those who lost their lives.Written 26 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A place you wonder how on earth did they manage to build it here on the mountain side. It's s fantastic place very very high up and just situated on the mountain side. Amazing view. There's a little place where you can have a beer and sit outside and just relax. But the way to this place is very narrow and full of sharp bends. But worth going up😊
Anna VWritten 11 April 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We decided to walk from Casso down to the Vajont Dam. Then back to Casso through the woods to arrive a bit above the town. Entering the small town with only 15 souls living there, we noted a small sign "Il Mercatino" followed by a blue arrow pointing up a road. Exhausted by the walk up, we found this small and wonderful little bar with local specialties such as different cold cuts of meat and a lot of cheese. The owner, Teresa, was the most lovely host and was interested in us and in making sure that we had enough to eat and drink. Teresa suggested a "tagliere" with cheese and meat cuts and warm fruit juice. Wonderful food! The bar is full of books a lot of there written by Teresa and so much history about the tragic disaster of the Val Vajont, 9 Oct. 1963. And we had the pleasure of listening to eye withness stories about that event. For a Viking like me, it is hard to describe this experience other than using words like: Authentic, moving, delicious and a must to visit. Grazie, Teresa!Written 11 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Erto e Casso
- The most popular things to do in Erto e Casso with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Erto e Casso on Tripadvisor