Scuba & Snorkelling • Boat Tours
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- This outfit is truly exceptional- Fergus, Tom & Pablo were consummate professionals who ensured our safety while creating a fun environment for the whole group. We felt safe & well-cared for at ALL times; their patience and compassion for us was reassuring, especially for a few people who were quite nervous about the dive. My daughter was able to complete her Advanced Open Water course with this crew and they made it a seamless experience. Loved our adventure both beneath and above the surface! Highly recommend!Written 22 April 2022
- Surf in Cabo has created and maintains a culture of good vibes, honesty, inclusivity, safety, and fun at Costa Azul. My wife and I live in Colorado, and had an incredible opportunity to stay in San Jose del Cabo from January through April this year. David, Fernando, Rocco, the other David, Wendy, Chris, the part-time instructors, and Mario the photographer treated us like friends from the day that we arrived. I have to mention Roquito and Belu, as well, the 10-year-old ripper and his little brother, who would go from playing in the waves one minute to tossing a football on the beach with us the next. Surfing at one of the four Costa Azul breaks several days per week, we were always heartily welcomed by all of them. They were very generous to us throughout our entire stay, offering up pointers on surfing, conditions at the local breaks and across the region, and with the use of their facilities. Having spent nearly four months there, I came to know that it wasn’t just us, either. They treated every visitor to the beach and to their shop with the utmost respect, kindness, and compassion, all while maintaining an upbeat, exciting, and fun beach/surf atmosphere. The mean-spirited surf attitude that we’ve encountered at other breaks across the world just doesn’t exist at Pescadito Break, the awesome, gentle break nearest to Surf in Cabo, and it can be attributed to the welcoming, generous, and kindhearted attitudes of the shop and its staff. We had several friends and family visit throughout our stay who received fun and successful surf lessons and extremely reasonable prices on rentals and purchases, including many great action pictures of the kids surfing. It is a testament to the vibe of Surf in Cabo that the beach and the breaks there are all about fun, kindness, and sharing the wonders of the sea with the entire community at Costa Azul!Written 17 May 2022
- Our guides were patient, and made everyone feel comfortable. This is a top notch operation, with excellent equipment. You will not be disappointed. Chilleno bay is gorgeous and there are lots of fish all over the place. It was an amazing experience that I'm glad I had a chance to get under the water.
ThanksWritten 6 January 2020
- We had a great time and met several really fun couples. The drinks were good the food was OK but should be better.Written 27 March 2019
- I had a good day out sport fishing. This was something I have wanted to for a long time and decided to take a chance and booked a trip with Salty's through Jose Luis Gracia Conterras of Amazing Tours.
Captain Hollywood was a knowledgeable and FUN guide. He was patient and taught me all I needed to do to have a successful trip including BEING patient. And patience it took as the day wore on we did manage to get three Dorado on the line later in the day when most other charters had already given up. Unfortunately, through my own inexperience and mishandling, the first Dorado spit out the hook just as Captain Hollywood was about to gaff him. That was a bit disappointing but within minutes we got a couple of others on line and I made darn sure not to make that mistake again.
All in all in was a great experience I'll never forget and I recommend Salty's. Very reasonably priced! Also, ask for Hollywood, he was very enjoyable to be around.Written 18 October 2019
- My husband and I have tried surfing before, and this trip we decided to try a body boarding lesson. I found it to be much easier to pick up (and less tiring to paddle out) than surfing. Our guide, Alfredo, was clearly an expert! He met us at the beach and set up a spot for us with lounge chairs and an umbrella. After a few quick instructions, we headed out into the surf. Alfredo kept a keen eye on the ocean and would tell us when to start kicking. We caught several waves - More than any of the surfers who were floating nearby! It was such a rush and a good workout, as well. Three hours gives you a relaxed schedule, with time to rest on the beach and sip cerveza in between sets. I would definitely recommend La Bocana for a body boarding adventure in San Jose del Cabo!Written 6 April 2018
- A bit of a party boat, which was a bit of a surprise but it turned out to be a good experience. I needed a bit of help getting on and the crew made sure that happened. They were efficient and friendly and I appreciated it. They also made sure that I got a good seat.
As advertised, the cruise lasted 21/2 hours and was great value. The dinner was definitely not gourmet but it was well prepared and plentiful. We got up close to The Arches and they gave us a good overview of the area. The sunset was amazing with lots of opportunities to take photos or to just enjoy the beauty.
The tequila shots, fiesta music and dancing on the top deck all became part of the experience.
Best part: the view with the friendly and willing staff right up there.
Disappointment: no sea lions. I had been hoping to see some.Written 12 January 2018
- Wonderful people, I loved my first ever surf lessons and learned so much! I can’t wait to ride the waves with them again , as a beginner I felt very safe with their instruction, they were so nice and I would highly recommend their lessons! Thank you again :)
ChristieWritten 22 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about San Jose del Cabo
- These experiences are best for water sports in San Jose del Cabo:
- Parasailing Los Cabos Adventure
- Los Cabos Surf Lesson at Costa Azul
- Margarita Snorkel Tour in San Jose
- Los Cabos Combo Tour: Sunset Cruise Plus Tequila Tasting and Taco Dinner
- Snorkel Tour to Pelican Rock by Glass-Bottom Boat with Souvenir Photos
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for water sports in San Jose del Cabo:See more water sports for adrenaline seekers in San Jose del Cabo on Tripadvisor