- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- The Badal Mahal Gate is a different site altogether with no Mahal or palace connected to it. This gate served the purpose of welcoming and grandly honouring the state guests.
In this structre we seenThe ornaments carving onminiature arched facades v geometric motifs. Also The jaalis of four separate patterns & The two floral roundels on the gate.
In this historic area only boundary wall, Gate & garden area to see only. Within 15-20 minutes take time to see these things.
Ticket- Ticket applicable
Parking - Free for all, proper parking space on roadside
Camera - Ticket applicable
Must Know - near by area shops , you can easily purchase fast food, water bottle etc.
Situated near the Jama Masjid, Badal Mahal Darwaza or Badal Mahal Gate was constructed by Sultan Mehmood Shah Khilji, the King of Malwa, in the 15th century to commemorate his victory in one of his many military campaigns.
The Badal Mahal complex is enclosed by an old fort-like structure towards the front and sides.
A straight paved path flanked by beautifully landscaped gardens and lawns from the entrance lead to the tall and imposing Badal Mahal. They remind you of the Mughal gardens that one sees at the Taj Mahal and other Mughal monuments including the likes of Qutub Minar .Written 6 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Kati Ghati is man made Mountain pass. Supposedly built Overnight by Mugal Army this place becomes famous after STREE Movie has been shot here.
Wind Force is strong here and Passage looks beautiful.
A good Visit if you are in Chanderi.Written 30 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of The distinctive architecture is Koshak Mahal & also one of the most finest monument in ChanderiAbout 4 kms from Chanderi city center, It is situated on the road leading to chanderi - Isagarh. The architecture of Kaushak Mahal is unique. It was built in the 15th century by the Sultan of Malwa, Mahmud Shah Khilji I, to commemorate the Jaunpur victory.
Must know – No food , fast food , no snacks available here , so must have some in your bag with water bottle.
Must be wear proper shoes/ foot wear . Must have towel, hat/cap , sunglasses .
Ticket – Free for all
Parking – free for all
This palace appears to be divided into four equal sections in the shape of (+) .Built in the Afghan style, this palace currently has three complete storeys and the fourth is incomplete. Each floor has balconies and windows to the outside. In the middle of them are arched gates.t is a spacious palace with better ventilation and best royal comfort levels.
The courtyard of Kaushak Mahal is beautifully decorated by the Department of Archeology. The lush green park, the trees and plants in the middle of it and the beautiful historical building along with them create a beautiful view.
It gives them the great experience of the medieval period related grand structure build for safe and royal residential purpose with a lot of perfection. It is the right destination for understand the glorious periods of this particular region.Written 5 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A monument dedicated to daughter of ruling king, the story associated with this monument is not very clear, though the monument has its own charm, has quite distinctive architewcture and worth a visit. The road leading to this monument is not huge and you might have to consider walking down till this place.Written 20 May 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Chanderi
- These places are best for architectural buildings in Chanderi:See more architectural buildings in Chanderi on Tripadvisor