Nature/ Wildlife Areas in Cancun
THE 5 BEST Cancun Nature & Wildlife Areas
Nature & Wildlife Areas in Cancun
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
What travellers are saying
- A great 2 weeks at Tres Rios. I thought 2 weeks would be too long, but I don’t want to leave. From the moment you arrive, the staff works hard to make your experience great! We’ve been La Herenica owners for 10 years and it was fabulous to be here again. Isobel (concierge) and Janelly (Mayordomo) took care of everything. The staff is the best we’ve seen anywhere in restaurants and elsewhere in the resort, very friendly and accommodating. The food has always been good with a nice variety of restaurants, but this year it was fantastic. Drinks are high quality in restaurants and at pool. The entire resort is spotless. Special mention goes to the pool crew, especially Jesus who made our days full of fun. The kayak team of Elma (at the pool too), Alex and Edward, the Herencia bartender, Angel who knows everything about mixology and is great to talk to, the servers at the restaurants, and the pool – Fernando, Jona. There was a ton of nice activities both onsite and special events off-site we attended with concierge Sarah (Member Services Manager) and Gina (Front Desk Manager. Can't wait to come back!Written 27 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The location of this activity is close to Valladolid, not Cancun, and if you follow their website directions on Google you will be lead straight to the office where you book, pay and begin the tour. In a single day and for a very fair price we got to spend a couple of hours walking and swimming in the underground river caves, followed by a drive into the jungle to a secret cenote, absailing into the cenote as many times as you can physically do it. It was all finished by a hearty lunch at a local house. We were lead, driven and guided by a group of local community members who are trying to develop sustainable tourism in their area.
We were very happy and recommend these people and these activities to anyone.Written 26 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful, crystal clear waters. Green plants on submerged rocks make for stunning beauty, and fish. Overhanging cliff has mats marking safe place to jump. Wonderful place to swim, snorkel, or scuba.
Follow the rules - NO sunscreen or sunblock. That damages the cenote.
Long, hot walk - worth getting a ride or taxi. One room restroom for each gender not super clean but at least they are present.Written 11 April 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Do not use this company unless you want to watch others get on their shuttles and start their vacations.Written 31 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cancun
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife areas in Cancun:
- Isla Mujeres Catamaran Tour with Snorkel, Open bar and Transportation from hotel
- Priority Access: Xcaret Day Trip+ Night Show+ Transportation *Official Product*
- Cancun Speedboat and Snorkel Adventuring
- Horseback Riding in Cancun Includes ATV, Cenote, Ziplines, Lunch and Transfer
- Horseback Riding and Cenote Swim from Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- These places are best for nature & wildlife areas in Cancun:
- Tres Rios Ecopark
- El Eden Ecological Reserve
- Endless Travelers
- Punta Cocos Beach club & Marina