- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
10 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Easy quick hike with an amazing view. Be sure to sign the log book if you visit. It is located by the Batelco tower at New Bight Harbor - great anchorage ad be sure to visit Tingumdem restaurant and bar on the beach.Written 2 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were hungry one afternoon and wanted to eat something. We asked at the hotel (Rollezz) and were recommended to go to this nearby shop. The things were great. We had some pineapple tart, coconut tart, flour cake, and bread. Each item was great. The prices were very reasonable as well.Written 5 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did not rent a car when we came to Cat Island and we stayed at Shanna's Cove which is way up at the top of the island. We decided to book an island tour with Danson King and combine it with an airport transfer to Shanna's Cove. It was the best decision we could have made. The tour of the island with Danson was fantastic and very informative. It is so evident that he cares about his home and wants to protect from the sort of development that would ruin it. We stopped for lunch and a beer at The Hot Spot and had terrific fried conch. If you come to Cat island without a car, or even if you have a rental car, the tour with Danson is a must. he even stopped by during the week to bring us some Cat island flour cakes so we could taste them. 5 star service. Thanks, Danson.Written 3 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great island bar ran by Dean and Patie, not open everyday, Friday,Saturday and Sunday. Its a great mix of locals and tourists. Dean is very welcoming and has lived on island for 20 plus years so knows a lot about island, Patie cooks up some great food. I think it used to be a storehouse or similar in a previous life, it has its own rustic charm which I love, the view at the back is beautiful. Great meeting place, not easy to find first time follow pink signs.Written 22 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- When our original charter was cancelled due to the pandemic last summer, we wondered if our 5-day sailing trip for our 20th wedding anniversary would ever happen? Thankfully our booking agent was able to procure Captain Dave Calvert and his chef, Steve, for the late July trip. Adding to the uncertainty of the pandemic was Hurricane Isaias, which looked like it could be a direct threat to our sailing adventure. In the end it all worked out and was hands down the best trip we have ever taken. While storms were raging (literally and figuratively) all-around us, we were able to completely unplug and get away from the crazy chaos of life for a few precious days. We ended up taking our 3 kids (ages 16, 14, and 11) and they had the time of their lives! Captain Dave was so knowledgable and a wonderful host who always did his best to accommodate anything we needed. We snorkled, swam, ate amazing meals, fished, checked out islands, and learned a lot about saiing. Steve was an amazing chef, who kept us laughing with his stories!Written 7 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Nice place for a sunset cocktail. View is even better at the top where you can over look the turquoise waterWritten 11 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Captain Top Hat is lovely. He greeted us with fresh melons and provided the special gift I got for my family to have a day bonefishing. He is friendly and attentive. Our 5 year old son had a lot of fun. It was a long hot day but he surely made it great for a great father and son day. Thank you! For this reason, I give him 5 stars. Bring water and snacks you will need them!Written 11 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My family (wife + 5yr old daughter) went out with Captain Butler, Shane, and crew for 5hrs and had the best fishing day we have ever experienced. Amazing fishing, and what a welcoming, friendly, and great crew - they made our day so special. It started with our daughter just wanting to “get some big conch shells” and turned into monster barracuda, lobster, grouper, the works!Written 25 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Destiny III is a gorgeous Leopard 46 foot catamaran with four berths and heads. While they accommodate day charters if you are near the Cat Island area in the Bahamas, we reserved it for five days for three generations (all adult) of a family. Six people were perfect for the multi-day charter as one cabin is used by the crew.
The boat was amazing. The crew assigned to our adventure was Scott and Cara Higginbothom. They are a delightful couple who went out of their way to ensure our requests and goals were met. The "youngers" all learned how to stand-up paddle board. We swam with sharks and manta rays from right off the edge of boat. Cara guided us to the best snorkeling places in the area. Our crew caught fresh MahiMahi and Tuna for amazing meals. We got to visit "Pig Island". We slept in the comfortable beds and stared up into the amazing skies. It was a wonderful time for the six of us to be together. A bit pricey, but when you consider all inclusive for the number of people, truly a great once (or more) in a lifetime experience!! I strongly recommend the boat and the company for either day or longer-term rental!Written 30 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cat Island
- The most popular things to do in Cat Island with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Cat Island on Tripadvisor