- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 100
What travellers are saying
- Lovely resort, great food and awesome staff. My only complaint is that it was a little hard to get dinner reservations at the time that we wanted to eat. But, the buffet was always a walk-in option and it was great. I would highly recommend a visit here.Written 31 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have to give an enormous shoutout to Arthury for providing us with above and beyond assistance with transportation around this wonderful resort with our wheelchair bound travel companion. Arthury is the most compassionate staff member we have ever encountered. He made our visit so much easier with his assistance. He is a gem and Hard Rock is very lucky to have him on staff.Written 31 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Be prepared to spend some money. Beach was amazing and beautiful, had an amazing time there even took pictures with a monkey was pricey. Food was delicious omg best I've had. I just feel like they know when tourist is there and that's when they try to raise their price. But overall I had amazing time.Written 19 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Such a beautiful place! We opted to drive ourselves here instead of going with a larger guided group and that was definitely the right choice for us. By staggering with the larger groups, we were able to get some time in the lagoons by ourselves. We saw a massive iguana on the trail. We gave each other space and were able to get around it without disturbing each other. The entrance fee was $50 USD and it was worth it. Don’t skip this place!Written 1 October 2022
- This was an amazing day trip! Wear comfortable shoes and your swimsuit! Hoyo Azul is gorgeous and fun! The staff were wonderful and we all laughed and cheered each other on to jump in! Take plenty of cash, as there is an opportunity to buy photo packages that we were not aware of, so missed out, but we had waterproof cell phone cases so we got a few videos and photos.Written 24 December 2022
- OK just back from 2 weeks stay, so here is my take (it's long)
I saw some reviews and was worried about a dream holiday being a disaster.
Check in - was smooth not too much explained by reception, but Bell boy was very helpful and we found our way with Internet access etc.
Room - looked just like the pictures, bed was super comfy, shower was powerful, plenty of clean towels, robes and Aircon was excellent.
There was a damp smell, but we became nose blind to it and its to be expected with the humidity. Iron ironing board, hairdryer, mini fridge, coffee machine. (Tried to get milk for the room, and failed, bar said no! Restaurants said no! Room service said no! I was going to squirrel some out of resturant but didn't bother and had the odd black coffee, in the room).
Grounds - beautifully kept, gardening going on everyday, work so hard.
Restaurants- the Buffet restaurants at breakfast had the best selection I had ever seen, fresh omelettes were lovely, just a short queue for these. The waiting staff work hard, and to be honest if machines were available to get hot drinks yourselves, they could concentrate on clearing tables.
Evening Dinner in buffet was OK!, service was slow to get a drink, because they were busy and some food was quite cold.
Parents letting children help themselves with deserts and dropping things was a problem too when we were there.
It gets really noisy in the buffet so was glad to eat else where some nights.
Tex Mex - was OK steaks were good, just lacked atmosphere in there.
Italian - was OK
Brazilian- was OK, service was slow for us on this night but when we did get the meats served it was all nice.
French - our favorite, excellent service, excellent food, steak was to die for. Best restaurant for us by a mile.
Beach bbq every day - was the bbq everyday and nice.
Dinner on the beach - Thursday night. Was very nice and the house band play for you too.
Beach - was OK, but not as nice as I had hoped, not helped by the seaweed but they do a great job to try and clear it.
Swimming pool - great pool set up with the bridges and deep to shallow ends, beach style entrance. BUT the water wasn't clear and I ruined a bikini which turned yellow and hasn't come clean 😕 lots of people were getting ear infections!
Waterpark- it's a bit dated, visited once, but as 2 adults wasn't for us.
If you head down to the beach and turn right, you will walk through the palms and find a bar/ resturant called Castaways, great little bar. We ate here one night just to get out of resort and it was nice.
If you walk down the road that castaways sits on and follow that road, a golf buggy will take you to a supermarket, which is much cheaper than small on site shop.
Service - I found that some of the bar staff didn't serve customers fairly and I personally felt the English lost out. Glasses were not always washed properly either, I did walk away one day and not get a drink. Reusable, refillable cups seem to have caught on in a big way.
Trips - we booked with the guys in pink t-shirts by pool. Would recommend the island trip. We also did monkeyland which was fun for a half day trip.
The concierge - helpful for booking resturants with, BUT drove us mad with the invites to VIP breakfast, call it what you like it's 3 hrs out of your holiday to sell you timeshare. After they knew you had been there a while they leave you alone.
Would I go back to this hotel? NO its 4 stars and we got what we paid for, had a great time and visited the Caribbean.
Didn't like the fact that they have VIP guests and almost make you feel inferior to them.
Please don't let anything I have said put you off, we still have great memories, and hope info helpsWritten 16 August 2022
- A lovely beach with even better people! Anthony was our server whenever we did a beach day, and he was very attentive to us all day (we would spend at least 5-6 hours), he was super courteous, and the drinks were great!! Awesome experience and would definitely visit again :)Written 26 January 2023
- The waves are strong but once you pass the place where they break out you can just lie on top of the waves and let yourself go for hours.Written 7 December 2021
- Not much to say - they were on time, friendly, courteous and communicated well. On the way to the hotel we did stop for a beer and to make some change, it was very much appreciated!Written 4 February 2023
- We did an early morning trip which was great. The group after us was very large and I don’t think the experience would have been as good. Edward was a great guide, very informative!
Have done buggy riding before, I would say this part of it was ok, have done better trips where it is not just through a dirt trail.
The agriculture part with the animals and local crops was very interesting and fun.
Walking through the cave and swimming in the cave area was the best part! It was very refreshing after a lot of walking and being outside.Written 1 February 2023
- My wife and I made our first trip to Cap Cana (Hyatt Zilara), and did some investigating beforehand as to what represented our best option for airport-hotel transportation. The reviews here at TA guided us to Transekur, and it proved to be a great choice for several reasons.
First of all, their on-line chat is extremely efficient in terms of making reservations, letting them know of flight changes, and such. In addition, they helped us arrange the airport VIP service, which noting our arrival on a busy Saturday, easily saved us two to three hours of standing on seemingly endless lines.
The driver was ready and waiting for us outside the terminal, with our name prominently displayed on his clipboard. We were quite fried and did not note his name, but his vehicle was clean, he drove carefully, and in 15 minutes we were checking in at the hotel.
We were to have received a text three hours prior to pick up, but since we were on the plane, we did not receive that...but really didn't need it, we had already received a confirmation email a couple of days earlier regarding the details.
In turn, a driver arrived exactly at the scheduled time on our day of departure, this time happy to specifically cite Vladimir Severino who was our driver. Again, an immaculate vehicle (mini sized SUV, plenty of room, great temperature), clearly a safe driver. Took us 30 minutes to get back to the airport, the delay due to Carnival taking place near the airport.
Bottom line, Transekur provided 100% efficient service, competitively priced, reliable service, excellent communication (we DID receive an email and text the morning of departure again confirming all the details). I would recommend this firm with a 100% rating and will definitely use them again, since we predict we will return to DR!Written 4 February 2023
- I've been wanting to go to Coco Bongo for YEARSSSS, I finally made it!!
My friends & I came here as a group from a resort. Luckily our bus was the first one there because shortly after us there was a very long line to get in. They let the Gold Members/VIP/Skip the line crowd in first which took about 20-30 mins. I believe we went through 3 diff check points. First one is security, they pat you down (only males) & check your bags, the next stop they scan your wristband & the last stop they stamp your wristband to confirm it was scanned.
When we walked in the layout was like a stadium except no chairs unless you were at the top few rows (Gold members/VIP). So it was stacks of stairs basically you had to stand on. There were reserved tables everywhere so they can get you to buy bottle service but our package included open bar so we didn't do the bottle service. We stood by this table all night on the floor as we were told we couldn't stand on the stairs since it was only for the reserved tables. We eventually made our way to the stairs anyway as it got super crowded fast. You're moving every 10 seconds to get out of someone's way or someone is spilling a drink on you.
There was a stage in the middle of the floor that the performers were on. This stage turned into a bar/dance stage for the customers (only women they were allowing up) when they took a break or outfit change. They also had a stage above us the performers were singing & flying from. They were shooting out streamers & confetti here & there so be sure to cover your drinks! LOL
The shows were fun to watch & very cool, people were flying back & forth to the point security had to tell people on the floor to bend down, that's how close they were. While I did enjoy the show & the music, I hated the layout. You're constantly moving for people & because it's a stacked layout people are spilling drinks on top of you & falling down/up the stairs. They have people cleaning the confetti off the floor when it comes out so people don't slip, but no one is cleaning when there are drinks spilled everywhere. Also beware of the servers walking around trying to get you to take a shot, they play friendly but they want $5.00 every shot, our bus driver warned us before hand. As well as "The Mask" & Beetlejuice, they walk around & put props on you to take pics all friendly but they'll charge you.Written 17 December 2022
- Amazing course conditions, views and Francis was a great caddy. Service from everyone was top notch. Will always play here when visiting Punta Cana.Written 4 February 2023
- Amazing experience, he collaborate, was puntual and had great communication. He came when expected, clean and organized. I would totally use it again. Thanks ramonWritten 26 January 2023
- My husband and I stumbled upon this treasure on the beach on our first day staying at Finest Resort. We shopped a little and I was able to get a massage which was the best I’ve had in a long time and the price beats the prices at the resort! Best of all it was done right on the beach with the sounds of the waves crashing down…so relaxing!! Highly recommend! The ladies that run it are so nice and friendly!Written 2 February 2023